Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,347 members, 7,853,535 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:41 PM

Chelsea Captain John Terry Quits. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Captain John Terry Quits. (575 Views)

Chelsea Doctor Quits After Mourinho Dispute! / Fa Charge Chelsea Captain John Terry! / John Terry's Wife Agrees To Give Cheating England And Chelsea Captain 'one Last (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Chelsea Captain John Terry Quits. by socceryarn: 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2012
The 31-year-old defender is set to begin a personal hearing on Monday to deny that he used "abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour" against Anton Ferdinand in a Premier League match against QPR last October.

Terry has been cleared of racially abusing the R’s man at Westminster Magistrates' Court in July, and cites the governing body’s independent panel as the main focus of his decision.

"I feel The FA have made my position with the national team untenable," Terry said in a statement.

"Representing and captaining my country is what I dreamed of as a boy and it has been a truly great honour.

"I have always given my all and it breaks my heart to make this decision. I wish Roy and the team every success for the future.

"I would like to thank the England managers who have selected me for my 78 caps.

"I have had great pleasure in sharing that honour with all the players that I've played with.

"I would like to thank them, the fans and my family for their support and encouragement during my international career."

Re: Chelsea Captain John Terry Quits. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2012

(1)

Chelsea Coach Sacked / Anelka Signs 5-year Deal With Juventus / The Man Who Can Change The Outlook Ondefenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.