Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Nigerian Universities' E-learning System - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities' E-learning System (1854 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Girls See Which Is Numba-1 / Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Prestigious Alumni / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Universities' E-learning System by Heeyhun(f): 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
The world's fast evolving into a tiny global village, Nigeria inclusive. Over the years, various sectors in the country have adopted methods to improve their technological system...the educational sector isn't left out. From e-payment (you get to pay school fees, post utme fees anywhere in the country which beats the stress of queing up in the school or bank for hours) to e-test (very fast and efficient although it gives most students cold feet) and then e-learning (you don't have to attend classes and listen to those long and boring lectures, just there in the comfort of your room on an e-device is the lecturer and your coursemates, all you need do is be online...sounds cool huh?)...here are its major flaws it reduces the lecturer-student relationship, there probably would be no student-student interaction and it kindles the lackadaisical attitude in students...maybe i'm being archaic or i'm not veiwing it from a different perspective. Fellow nairalanders whats your take on this?
Re: Nigerian Universities' E-learning System by learn4changeng: 11:28am On Sep 26, 2012
E-learning definitely requires a level of discipline to follow through whatever course you decide to do. You mentioned the Lecturer-Student and Student-Student relationship, i really dont think it will be affected by e-learning where a proper Learning Management System is in place. With a quality LMS, students can contact their tutors with questions and get their answers within a reasonable time frame. Most LMSs also come with forums where students interact and share ideas, issues or questions with fellow students; thereby nurturing a learning community.

Having said that,Nigerians are still being introduced into this method of studying and probably require blended learning; where the student studies on their own for a while and then say at the end of a week or towards the end of the course or just before the examinations, as the case may be, assemble with other students for a tutorial with their lecturer who can then answer other questions that may not have been answered online.

If done right, e-learning can produce great results by decreasing costs and improving performance.
Re: Nigerian Universities' E-learning System by Heeyhun(f): 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
Yes, the fact is if its being managed effectively it might turn out well... But i tell you, i'm offering an online course now and i sincerely don't like it, although it has a forum like you said but most students find it diffult to ask questions and even if they do, they don't get satisfactory answers...
Re: Nigerian Universities' E-learning System by noblewalex(m): 9:44am On Oct 08, 2015
Well said! I believe we are still not deeply rooted in e-learning stuff. To be candid,majority of students now weren't use to stuff like that while growing up! So,naturally you expect issues u raised to crop-up! We'll surely get there .

(1) (Reply)

Chat Room For MAUTECH (AKA FUTY) Graduates And Undergraduates / Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? / Final Year Project Topic In Zoology?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.