Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swopped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swopped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera (1095 Views)

2010 Volkswagon Golf Gti With Reverse Camera,navigation,and Leather Interior / Audi A6 02/03, 2.4ltr Used...390k SOLD! / Registered 2.4ltr 2002 Toyota Camry For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swopped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera by BTT(m): 7:18am On Sep 24, 2012
I own a 2007 Peugeot 207 1.4ltr manual. It was bought brand new in 2009. Shortly after its purchase, it was in an accident and even though I had insurance, it took the workshop 6 months to fix it largely because of the non-availability of the spare-parts. I must confess that the car makes a fantastic drive but in its life with me, it has spent its better lifetime in the auto-workshops than on the road. The parts are never readily available For every little issue with the car, it is either we have to order the part from the UK or France and or must necessarily part with one’s lifesavings for it. If i hadn’t owned cars previously, I would think it is the same way every car is super-expensive to maintain.
I have been to many users’ forums on the net and everywhere seems to be replete with bitter owners/technicians. My current challenge is that I have a fried ECU and we have not been able to find a match April till date.
Recently an auto-tech advised that we implant a Nissan Primera or VW Golf gti’s engine and gear. The tech is convinced it will work; I am still wandering in the bags of questions in my head...
Pls I need answers. Will it work? What happens to my electrical steering? The ABS? What about the Airbags- all things working with the ECU? Though the workshop tries to assure me, based, they said, on their experience, that it will work. But I really need answers from an informed 3rd party.
What is your opinion?
Re: Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swopped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera by BTT(m): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2012
oya naw...
#Siena, Ikeana, Inspired_M, and all other gigantic auto experts on NL... pls I am waiting for your inputs.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Civic 2006 Grey Colour 2 Door , 850k / Nextly Used Golf 4 @ Affordable Price Call 08034146424. / 2001 Infiniti Qx4 Registered For Sale Super Clean And Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.