Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

How To Overcome Writers Block And Start Writing Everyday. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Overcome Writers Block And Start Writing Everyday. (1371 Views)

How To Start Writing And Selling Health Articles Online / 7 Legitimate Online Writing Job Sites: Sign Up & Start Writing! / How To Start Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Overcome Writers Block And Start Writing Everyday. by Tobitbooks: 8:39am On Sep 25, 2012
HOW TO OVERCOME WRITERS BLOCK
For a simple understanding, writers Block, is a time when you can’t write even when you want to. It is a time you stare bluntly at the ceiling hoping there will be handwriting on the wall. Writers block happens to everyone; whether you recently won Noble Writers Contest or just finished blessing 10,000 readers with your book. No matter the age grade and writing category writers block will strike. It is an obstacle that has hindered many writers from writing a book. Well, if you are in such category, worry not because below are 7 ways to overcome writers block and write daily.
SCHEDULE AND APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR PAPER. Schedule to write at a specific time and then stick to it. I prefer writing by 8am in the morning or in the evening. The brain has a tremendous way of getting adapted to a routing. For example, if you desire to sleep by 9pm every night, your brain will adapt to it so much that your body will automatically shut down at that time. Same with writing, when you schedule a time and make it a routine, your brain will just have to write at that time.
LEARN: how much do you know. Do you think you can write fluently at a stretch for a long time? Learn about your topic so that you won’t hit the wall while writing. Read books related to your topic and also those unrelated.
TAPE - RECORD YOUR SELF. This is simple. Pick a tape recorder and record whatsoever you think you want to write. Most people feel comfortable talking about an issue than writing about it. After you finish recording the chapter calmly start copying it to a paper. This step might require the expertise of a professional but nevertheless, you can contact TOBIT and we will handle it.
PLAY: sounds funny but works seriously. Writing without play makes one a dull writer. Take a break and refresh your self. Don’t be too serious on your project that you tend to stress away your ability. When it seems that you can’t write, stop and play. Even though our definition of play might varies but the impact works just fine.
DUMP IT. Dump your write-up for at least 3 days before picking it up. By then new ideas, fresh adrenaline will spur up.
PRINT YOUR BACK COVER: Nothing motivates a writer like seeing his work being published. Get your motivations running by printing your back cover. Simply go to a computer centre and have them design your book cover with your picture and book info on it then place it on a visible place where you can see it everyday. Trust me, mere looking at it will keep you going.
WRITE: write and write and write. Trust me, the easy way of getting rid of writers block is to just to write.
You can easily get published by tapping from our Print-on-Demand scheme for as low as 55naira per-copy for a minimum of 150 copies. Visit www.tobit.tk or call 08182712969. Like us on www.facebook.com/tobitbooks
Re: How To Overcome Writers Block And Start Writing Everyday. by Tobitbooks: 11:48am On Sep 25, 2012
The list are endless. Are there some that I missed?.
Re: How To Overcome Writers Block And Start Writing Everyday. by Tobitbooks: 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
Or is it just it?
Re: How To Overcome Writers Block And Start Writing Everyday. by sousa12: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
Writer’s block is annoying. It often hits you when you are on a tight deadline. When I’m under this writing ailment, I drop everything I do that has to do with writing and do things that’s creative and relaxing, say painting, biking, or just napping. I make sure I don’t go back to writing when I know I’m still under the “spell”. There are other strategies you can do such as those listed in this blog: http://blog.printplace.com/5-strategies-for-getting-past-writers-block/. They are sure to get your stalled brain working again.
Re: How To Overcome Writers Block And Start Writing Everyday. by EfemenaXY: 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2012
What an insightful post! Love the first and last suggestions there.

@Poster, thanks for sharing. smiley
Re: How To Overcome Writers Block And Start Writing Everyday. by gbengalite(m): 11:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
since i already know my content...i just go ahead typing the header as my chapter then i fill it up with my write up.

Example..
Book Title :God
Content: Introduction
who is God
what is God
Reference

Type each header on a new page even without knowing what to write yet. develop it yet further into sub header.

This has really helped me finish my book

Facebook.com/gbengalite
Re: How To Overcome Writers Block And Start Writing Everyday. by MAXBERT(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
REALLY MOTIVATING....I USSUALLY EXPERIENCE DIS WRITRES BLOCK.ITS REALLY BAD COS IT INSTALLS A FEELING OF "I CANT DO IT".....THIS WILL MAKE YU DROP D PEN AND HIDE D PAPERS.NICE POINTS DERE

(1) (Reply)

Achebe Controversial Writing By Odia Ofeimun / In Loving Memory Of Him / Dear Poor Man... That Rich Man Is Not Better Than You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.