Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! (6697 Views)

Invitation 4 Pz Cussons Test 2013 / PZ Cussons aptitude test / PZ Cussons Test, January 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by whimsyxl: 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2008
Greetings to you,my fellow nairalanders.I urgently seek your opinion on the above subject matter.
A friend of mine who got employed with a multinational company as an entry level manger in one of their factories a few months ago, just got another job with GTB as a Trainee.He is currently earning between 60k-68k per month.
He studied engineering and hopes to find an IT career path with GTB since its a bank that offers really good IT solutions though in the banking world.
Please anyone who knows what the pay and working condition in GTB is like, should drop a reply.He is in a dilemma and needs some help especially because of the scary target we hear from bank workers.He keeps asking "What if im posted to Marketting?".
Your candid opinion would be appreciated. wink
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by ccike: 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2008
Well my candid advice is that you go to GTB. I am not a banker but I don't think GTB marketing is as demanding as the rest. (you may not even be posted to marketing). I think you have more prospects with GTB
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by SOJ(m): 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2008
I think PZ Cussons offers better training opportunities for an individual as opposed to GTB; though PZ do not pay much.But the thing is if he gets to spend some years in GTB he can decide later on to move to another industry apart from banking.
So he has to decide wether he wants a career in banking or if he would rather develop in his current post.
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by doublef(f): 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2008
Has gtb contacted anyone after saturday's interview?

Pls i need an update .
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by whimsyxl: 3:20pm On Jan 15, 2008
Yeah GTB has started contacting people for Medicals.My friend in question got a mail from GTB's HR yesterday.
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by kennykay(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2008
The probability of you being posted to GTB IT department is very low. Don't make decisions based on uncertainties. I will advise that you relax and stay put at PZ Cussons. I understand the salary is not that fantastic but you can use PZ as a stepping stone to someplace better.
I heard the story of somebody like you that was collecting 2.4M per annum in PZ and when he moved to P&G, he was offered 4.8M per annum. Thats PG, what of Guinness, Cadbury, Nestle, Coca-Cola International, NBC, Nigeria Breweries and lots more that would be ready to pay u times 3 of what you are collecting at the moment. Who knows, it might even happen between now and the next 3 months.
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by deor03(m): 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2008
a lot of engineers get frustrated after some time in the bank. don't go for the money.
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by whimsyxl: 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2008
Thanx people.keep the comments coming.I appreciate.
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by fotodaddy: 9:01am On Jan 16, 2008
Anyone looking into the future for Nigeria must see that eventually things will change. The banking industry, which really offers nothing to the real sector will stop being the place to be. It is already starting with all the IPOs after IPOs.

Anyway I am an engineer and I can tell you that you will have more satisfaction doing what you have a passion for that following after the money. But then again, maybe you are not really an engineer!! You need to do some introspection and realise for your self who you are and what makes you happy. Money only satisfies for a short time.
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by whimsyxl: 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2008
I appreciate your comments.Based on all the comments available,im finding it hard telling my friend to leave his present job.Anyone with a strong reason why he should leave??Drop it like its hot!!! grin
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by whimsyxl: 11:29am On Jan 17, 2008
angry
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by SOJ(m): 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2008
there is NO strong reason your friend should leave for a bank!
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by Kashif(m): 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2008
you have seen all the posts. The recent recapitilisation is making the banking industry over hyped. It is not going to last for ever. I advise he stays put in PZ as an entry level mgr. Enough said.

Best regards.
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by whimsyxl: 8:46am On Jan 18, 2008
undecided
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by whimsyxl: 9:52am On Jan 21, 2008
undecided
Re: GTB Vs Pz-Cussons...PLEASE HELP!!!!! by whimsyxl: 5:23pm On Jan 22, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Recruits Graduate Trainees / Glo Is Receiving Cv. Act Fast. / Urgent Vacancy. I Just Applied And Thought To Share. Good Luck.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.