Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Worst Places To Work - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Worst Places To Work (4099 Views)

10 Best Places To Work In Nigeria 2015 / 100 Best Places To Work In Nigeria 2015 / Jobberman's 2013 - 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Places To Work by Oboma1(m): 5:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Worst Places To Work by DeGenius3(m): 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
Dufil Prima Foods (Indomie) Port Harcourt
Re: Worst Places To Work by Hardtalk: 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
...hmm.
Re: Worst Places To Work by Hardtalk: 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ok.
Re: Worst Places To Work by Otobroto(f): 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
shocked
Re: Worst Places To Work by selingel: 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Worst Places To Work by Otobroto(f): 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
Post Hidden

1 Like

Re: Worst Places To Work by selingel: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
It is well.
Re: Worst Places To Work by Hardtalk: 8:21am On Oct 06, 2012
Re: Worst Places To Work by Otobroto(f): 9:00am On Oct 06, 2012
Post Hidden
Re: Worst Places To Work by plantationboys: 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2012
I've read all the posts and I'm quite appalled at them.
The saying that goes the rich becomes richer the poor, poorer is genius.
I am an employer of labour and I know its as hard to get a good employee as it is hard to get a good job.I have seen jobs done by this company referred to and its obvious they have a knack for quality.

Anyway. Ur action, as to talk so negative of ur former employer says a lot about you. A well grounded H.R person would never hire you because you are a danger to any employer of labour.

Since there's no justification or confirmation to any of your claim (my opinion is you aint a nice person, to talk so bad on social media of someone who once paid your wages) A careful analysis will put it that you probably could not meet up with the quality standard of this company and u felt bad for being ditched.cos no employer of labour no matter how inhuman wants to lose a good employee. I'm cock sure of that.
I've had a boss on a job before while working for a multinational who was quite nasty but never was to me only cos I knew my onions.

You probably won't be in this position if you are very good at your job.

Now. Has your former employer threatened you. Or why are u scared of being hit on if you did not hit first. (That's if he is really after you.)
I hope the former employee referred to gets to read this so he/she can look the situation from anothe perspective.
This is a gross misuse of social media. I run a company and I know what this can feel like.

And don't just be followers y'all.

Do not criticize what you do not understand.

Its just my opinion anyway like everybody's.

Oga , (that started this). Go start your own company. And let's see how you'd keep ppl who can't perform.

1 Like

Re: Worst Places To Work by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 25, 2012
plantationboys: I've read all the posts and I'm quite appalled at them.
The saying that goes the rich becomes richer the poor, poorer is genius.
I am an employer of labour and I know its as hard to get a good employee as it is hard to get a good job.I have seen jobs done by this company referred to and its obvious they have a knack for quality.

Anyway. Ur action, as to talk so negative of ur former employer says a lot about you. A well grounded H.R person would never hire you because you are a danger to any employer of labour.

Since there's no justification or confirmation to any of your claim (my opinion is you aint a nice person, to talk so bad on social media of someone who once paid your wages) A careful analysis will put it that you probably could not meet up with the quality standard of this company and u felt bad for being ditched.cos no employer of labour no matter how inhuman wants to lose a good employee. I'm cock sure of that.
I've had a boss on a job before while working for a multinational who was quite nasty but never was to me only cos I knew my onions.

You probably won't be in this position if you are very good at your job.

Now. Has your former employer threatened you. Or why are u scared of being hit on if you did not hit first. (That's if he is really after you.)
I hope the former employee referred to gets to read this so he/she can look the situation from anothe perspective.
This is a gross misuse of social media. I run a company and I know what this can feel like.

And don't just be followers y'all.

Do not criticize what you do not understand.

Its just my opinion anyway like everybody's.

Oga , (that started this). Go start your own company. And let's see how you'd keep ppl who can't perform.

Haven read through all the posts, I think it will be a shame to take sides as to who is right or wrong. The Op is not an employer of labour like you are plantashboys at the moment so he had expressed himself from the perspective of a cheated & maltreated employee. I understand how he feels & how hurting his experience maybe, I still think if he is really a cool person & a man of vision & faith, he will bother less about what his former employer did to him. Though I still say I understand your plight.

Just forgive & move on.

As for the man that critically analysed through the window of a biased employer as I feel, I wish you had encountered what the young man went through & lets see how you'll fare.

Ofcourse your post is smart & I learnt from it as well as the young man, it was still obvious that you were insensitive to how badly the guy felt. One, two or three & more have I encountered on Nairaland complaining about this company. I dont think thats not enough reason why we should not believe that something is wrong.

My point will be as a saying that I shared with my boss at work that: "a happy employee is a profitable organization".

Lets all strike a balance. Respect your staff, bring out the best in them & ofcourse DELIVER at work. In this way all will be happy.

Op, life is an experience. Its not good to badmouth employers. If they dont teach people who even know its not good wont know. So be better, learn, focus, strive, have faith, have plan b & be at your best.

Experiences makes us better.

1 Like

Re: Worst Places To Work by ifyalways(f): 2:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
From the OP to everyone, none was able to state in clear terms, whatever "treatment" they got from the company? What are we to make of all the parables ?

Trade unions, staff unions and labour groups are existing for reasons like this.

Life is in stages. Employer are you honestly deserving of your wage?employee, are you a slave driver?

Money is a spirit. Here today, gone tomorrow.
Re: Worst Places To Work by plantationboys: 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
Bademosi, Remember I mentioned I was not always an employer of labour. I was once and employee too and from experience, the biggeest and loudest complainers are often times the laziest. For a small company, the lazy and inefficient ones can't hide due to proximity to their CEOs. And the good point is what specifically did the company do to these complainers. Let em talk! Being objective is the aim of my comments and not to pre-judge any. But some things are basic. Settle with your employer one-on-one rather than social meida. Or did your employer insult you on social media. 'And a happy boss is a happy employee too. I've been in both shoes and I know what both sides feel to an extent.

1 Like

Re: Worst Places To Work by pauljones130: 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
I WANT TO COMMENT HERE THAT HAVEN READ WHAT THE MAN OBOMA1 WROTE ABOUT THIS HIS EX COMPANY, I REALLY WANT TO DISAGREE WITH HIM. THIS IS BECAUSE LIKE SOMEONE SAID IT IS THE LAZY EMPLOYEE THAT ALWAYS COMPLAIN, THOSE WHO ARE NOT COMPETENT ENOUGH LOOK FOR EXCUSES HERE AND THERE. I KNOW THIS COMPANY FOR SURE AND I CHALLENGE YOU ALL THAT HAVE SAID ONE NEGATIVE THING OR THE OTHER ABOUT THIS COMPANY TO CARRY OUT INVESTIGATION/S ON THE SAID COMPANY, YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY IS A SERIOUS MINDED BUSINESS MAN IN NIGERIA, WHO IS NOT READY TO WORK WITH ANY LAZY AND INCOMPETENT EMPLOYEE. HE HAS DONE SOME PROJECTS THAT I HAVE SEEN PERSONALLY AND I BELIEVE HE HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG IN THAT ASPECT. CONCERNING THE ISSUE OF STAFFS, A SERIOUS BUSINESS MAN WILL ALWAYS GIVE HIS/HER STAFFS ASSIGNMENTS AND AS A SERIOUS STAFF TOO U ARE EXPECTED TO DELIVER AND EVEN PUT MORE INTO THE UPLIFTMENT OF THE COMPANY, IN A SITUATION THAT YOU CANT DELIVER, I THINK EVEN THE GUY THAT COMPLAINED IF HE EVER OWNS A COMPANY OR BUSINESS, WILL EITHER REDUCE THE SALARY OF THE SAID STAFF OR ON THE OTHER HAND SACK THE PERSON, SO THERE IS NOTHING REALLY WRONG IN THAT. I THINK IF HIS EMPLOYER WAS A BAD PERSON SINE HE IS KNOWN HE WOULD HAVE EITHER HUNT HIM FOR TARNISHING THE IMAGE OF HIS REPUTABLE COMPANY OR REPORT HIM TO THE AUTHORITY. BUT FOR THE GUY TO JUST SMILE AND WISH HIM WELL IT SHOWS YOU THAT THIS GUY NEEDS DELIVERANCE AND I BET YOU IF PROPER CARE IS NOT TAKEN YOU WILL READ MORE ABOUT OTHER COMPANIES IF HE EVER GET ANOTHER JOB. I THINK HE IS A FOOL TO COME HERE INSTEAD OF MEETING HIS BOSS ONE ON ONES TO RESOLVE ANY ISSUE HE HAS WITH HIM AFTER ALL THE TONGUE AND THE TEETH ALWAYS QUARREL YET THEY STILL LIVE TOGETHER. IN CONCLUSION I THINK WE SHOULD ALWAYS VERIFY AND GET OUR FACTS BEFORE WE JUMP INTO CONCLUSION ON ANY ISSUE RAISED BY ANYBODY HERE AND ON ANY OTHER FORUM. CHEERS AND REMAIN BLESSED.

(1) (Reply)

Iconic Ace Intl. / All N-power Agro Applicants Get In Here / Vacancies In A Courier Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.