Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Compiling Programs On Ubuntu Platform Help! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Compiling Programs On Ubuntu Platform Help! (1076 Views)

Best App For Writing And Compiling Programs On Android Devices / Using AJAX For Server Side Compiling / Java On Ubuntu Linux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compiling Programs On Ubuntu Platform Help! by Hayorbahmy(m): 6:19pm On Jan 15, 2008
I just installed Ubuntu 7.10 and Compiling the programs I wrote in C,C++ and Java has not been possible, Does anyone have an idea of how I am going to go about compiling it.
Re: Compiling Programs On Ubuntu Platform Help! by kanirip: 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2008
I wouldn't call myself a definitive on Ubuntu but I think u need to download and install some
packages using Aptitude on a Raw Ubuntu Installation before you can DO ANY SORT OF PROGRAMMING.

I can't remember the actual error you get but I'm sure if you 'Google' it , u'd get some solutions.

Best of Luck with that.

But U will need the internet to download the Packages.
Re: Compiling Programs On Ubuntu Platform Help! by Hayorbahmy(m): 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2008
@kanirip

Thanks Kanirip But I dont actually know what to download
Re: Compiling Programs On Ubuntu Platform Help! by kanirip: 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2008
You have 2 install some packages, like the GNU C Compilation package and all its pre-requisites and
things like that.

Cos u have refused to search, I have done the search for you and come up with this.

https://help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/programming.html

I hope it helps cos It should!!

Now if u don't understand what the link is trying to say, well maybe u should 'postpone' the programming
u were intending on doing. :-)
Re: Compiling Programs On Ubuntu Platform Help! by Hayorbahmy(m): 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2008
@Kanirin
Thanks so much man , was actually lazy that time.
I got it later
Re: Compiling Programs On Ubuntu Platform Help! by alexis(m): 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2008
Install the C++ and java compilers in order to run your programs. If your system is connected to the Internet then it is much simpler. You can use

apt-cache seach package = To search for the package
apt-get install package = To install the package/software.

If you are not connected to the internet, you will have to install the packages from the ubuntu CD (assumming you have download the packages). Another option could be to download and install from source. Hope that helps
Re: Compiling Programs On Ubuntu Platform Help! by mimohmi(m): 6:10pm On Feb 29, 2008

Hi all,

It is very easy to install any program in any linux plateform especially
debian base like ubuntu. First depend on the type of compiler you want
to use. For Java developer, you can just install your eclipse IDE and up
you go.

sudo apt-get install eclipse

that's all, all the dependent lib will be install for you.

But if you choose to install the java se from sun, simple
download the require version from their site. Most preferable
the one with .bin extension. To install

chmod 775 java se version.bin
./java se version

then follow the options.

Any more help just post

(1) (Reply)

Is Being A Programmer A Good Career Choice? / w / C# Programmers, Solve This Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.