Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US (9625 Views)

Has Anyone Tried Shopping Thru Circuit Atlantic Before? / No1 Shopping Portal Circuit Atlantic Wears A New Look: Tell Us What You Think. / Circuit Diagram Of A Simple Inverter, Do It Urself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
I remember my first purchase with Circuit Atlantic. It was a desperate measure to get an HP laptop with really nice specs from CircuitCity. At the time I had no idea how this was supposed to go, I did not have a credit card and other sites I had checked that advertised purchasing services felt shady. So there I was, pondering different options. Then by some stroke of luck I remembered seeing a website on my sisters laptop, she had it open all night, searching for nice rings from some foreign site. And the name came to me, Circuit Atlantic.

I’m a big believer in the web and it makes me open to try new things very open to risks. So I took my +100k, and with the fear of God in my heart, and a prayer to His angels to guide my path, lol, I made the purchase. Three weeks later, I had my HP laptop with beats audio icon smile Circuit Atlantic A sure way to buy from the US . A moment of joy.

I’ll briefly discuss Circuit Atlantic here as and give you insight to how it works, just in-case you are not that much of a believer.

Circuit Atlantic – The Website

IF you visit the Circuit Atlantic website, you’d notice it has a simple two tier layout. The first letting you input values of your purchase like the name of the product, price, quantity and item number among many others. The second tier lets you browse foreign sites as advised by their system, you could also browse sites not on their list and simply copy and paste those values needed.

Conversion rates are quite standard and are changed every once in a while with changing economic values. So you put in the dollar value of the product you want to buy, and you get the naira value instantly based on their conversion rates.

Other functions are pretty automated from then on. When you decide to make the purchase, the system calculates the service charge and shipping costs and gives you the total on the spot, including insurance fees. That’s my personal best feature, other sites have you send them mails and wait for them to reply you with an invoice, I love that I know what I’m paying for right there and then.

Payment methods are fairly standard, Interswitch web pay and bank transfers. Not like we have any other method of payment in Nigeria, unless them mobile platforms like paga.

You are given three choices of delivery, office pickup, which is the cheapest and what I’ve always used icon smile Circuit Atlantic A sure way to buy from the US , delivery within Lagos, and delivery outside Lagos. The office is at Ikeja, and that was close to me at the time so it really depends on you.

upon completion of the order you get mails to let you know when the item has been purchased and when it in transit. In my opinion, this helps to factor out having to call some customer care rep.

Circuit Atlantic – The service

So far, nice. The thing is, its designed around a system that reduces the need for contact, so really, unless something goes wrong, you’re always in the communication loop.

I got a blackberry once with them, a tour, for a friend. At the time I bought it from ebay. After I did not get a response from them for two weeks, I knew something was wrong, and the boy was on my neck, I was turning into a scam artist, lol. So I called them up, got some response I really could not understand at the time, and then received consequent emails that kept me in the clear a bit for some time. Long story short, by the next month it had not come, within that period I had bought CPU components to couple for another friend, and that arrived in two weeks exactly. No delay. So I went to the office to pick up my desktop parts, and to follow up on the blackberry, by this time my friend was already counting his loss. Anyway I’m finding out about my blackberry and I’m shown into the President’s office (the president of the company, not the country), Dr. Iroh Anaele, made the mistake of addressing him as Mr. once, did not turn out funny, lol. Well he apologized and explained how the product I ordered for had gone out of stock and was being re-ordered. In the end I went away a bit more confident that I had not killed my reputation with my friend.

That’s the only instance where I had an issue with the delivery time, I’ve got several other things from them since then, not always for myself though. So in my opinion, if you’re in a decision making phase, its OK to go with them. No worries.

Circuit Atlantic – The Improvements

There are a whole lot of them, and I can’t write them all here. But get this, they included cargo shipping as a delivery option! Now you might not get my excitement, but I’m a lover of all things good and artistic. I could do a “whole lot” to get things from sites like IKEA. My dream home interior seems to be tied to that site. Now that there is a cargo option available, I’ve decided to start saving for that dream, my home is so going to be filled with killer aesthetics. Wonder if any site similar to that can come up in Nigeria without making us pay with our lives for stuff. Just wondering.
Circuit Atlantic – The Cons

Worst of all for me, there is no way to return stuff. Not that I expected that though. So you would have to be sure of the product you’re getting before you make a purchase. Personally, I got a desktop, one of them DIY (Do It Yourself) types that you couple. Crazy specs inside, and then the power pack did not work, and when it finally did, it fried the motherboard. Worst part yet, I bought it for a friend. I seem to have bad luck with buying stuff for people. So right now, I have a 1TB, 8GB RAM , Quad core A6 processor, 1GB ATi graphic card desktop sitting with me a Lagos, with a 23 inch screen monitor to add to that. All useless, till I can change the power pack and motherboard. Sad.

What now pained me, sorry but i have to say this one, I mailed the power pack company, quite a popular one too, lips sealed, and this customer care guy is telling me their product wasn’t designed to work in Nigeria! Seriously! Bloody racist customer care rep.

Well, in my opinion, returning might cost more than buying new parts. I’m stuck here till I find the courage to buy the parts back, my fear… that other components got bad too. That would just be the end.

So there you have it, my personal opinion on Circuit Atlantic, and really, my way of saying “Here is something you might not have thought of before”. I plan on buying a ~55″ flat screen from Tigerdirect for my room, can’t stop thinking of Modern Warefare 2 on that icon biggrin Circuit Atlantic A sure way to buy from the US .

Have you used Circuit Atlantic before? Share your experience with us.
http://www.osazeosoba.com/circuit-atlantic-buy-from-the-us/#comment-14
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by austin4real(m): 7:10am On Sep 27, 2012
How much can I get a used Ps3 slim with 320gb hard drive?
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2012
austin4real: How much can I get a used Ps3 slim with 320gb hard drive?
Hi austin4real,
The best price we found for the PS3 is $299 on amazon but it comes as a bundle with a game either uncharted3 or Call of duty. I placed a dummy order, and this is how much it would cost for air freight office pick up in Lagos. You can always place an actual order on our site and see how much the differnt variations or delivery preference would cost. see HOW TO SHOP http://circuitatlantic.com/services/online-shopping-nigeria

1 items $299.00 =N= 48,737.00
Freight (local and International) $ 73.97 =N= 12,057.11
Service Charge $ 37.30 =N= 6,079.41
PS&DG (Product safety and delivery guarantee 4%) $ 16.41 =N= 2,674.94
Total amount payable $ 426.68 =N= 69,548.46
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2012
Check out our Independence promo here http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=54a0e7367da2fdf35af2756be&id=e6499965a6 "LETS WORK FOR YOUR FOR FREE"

As part of our celebration of the 52nd Independence anniversary of this dear country Nigeria,
Circuit Atlantic has launched the "LET'S WORK FOR YOU FOR FREE" independence promo.
Yes! It is what it sounds like.
All ORDERS PLACED between 00:01 hours on the 1st of October to 24:00 hours on the 1st of October 2012 and paid within 48 hours of this time would have 0% service charge.

Remember you can shop from all stores in the US with circuit atlantic. start shopping now!! www.circuitatlantic.com
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by l00ll0ll(m): 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2012
I advice you guys to go and open a membership account with DHL FEDEX UPS. They will discount all your packages for you to a wonderful price, even less than USPS (I assume you use USPS cuz of the time your shipments take). Then u will be able to boast of 5 to 6 days delivery instead of one month to uncertain date delivery you presently have.
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by ososoba: 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
l00ll0ll: I advice you guys to go and open a membership account with DHL FEDEX UPS. They will discount all your packages for you to a wonderful price, even less than USPS (I assume you use USPS cuz of the time your shipments take). Then u will be able to boast of 5 to 6 days delivery instead of one month to uncertain date delivery you presently have.

The delivery time is actually two weeks on an average. I got a desktop in less than two weeks once. So I'm really not sure where you get your info from.
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by xzibukz(m): 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
@ Catlanta
1. Can u bid on my behalf on ebay for a particular
product
2. do u offer item consolidation I.e repackaging all
my order in a box to reduce my shipping cost?
3. is dere a return policy if I received unsatisfied
goods?
4. At wot rate do u ship to kwara state after d item
arrived your lagos office.

Am intending to buy nikon d90 from ebay or Amazon (used-like new)
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 9:38pm On Sep 30, 2012
xzibukz: @ Catlanta
1. Can u bid on my behalf on ebay for a particular
product
2. do u offer item consolidation I.e repackaging all
my order in a box to reduce my shipping cost?
3. is dere a return policy if I received unsatisfied
goods?
4. At wot rate do u ship to kwara state after d item
arrived your lagos office.

Am intending to buy nikon d90 from ebay or Amazon (used-like new)
Hi xzibukz,
1) We only bid for items for customers on special request and consideration for our loyal customers.
2) We normally ship items as received from the vendors. But if it is a large order yes you can request for consolidation, to reduce the shipping costs
3) Yes you can find our return policy here http://circuitatlantic.com/terms-and-conditions
4) Once you place your order for the item you want you will have the option to choose your delivery method home delivery outside lagos or office pick up oustide lagos, you would also see the cost of each of the delivery methods, to help you decide which to choose.

You might want to take advantage of Independence promo coming up tomorrow 1st of oct and enjoy free service charge for all orders placed on that day. 0%service charge, on what ever items you purchase tomorrow.
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by xzibukz(m): 11:31am On Oct 01, 2012
@ Catlanta,
I have an account with you but I can't find the order form where I can place order from Amazon or ebay.
can I order an item on ebay that the bid will end in about 3hours from now. The item name is "nikon 40" worth less than $250.
pls reply
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
xzibukz: @ Catlanta,
I have an account with you but I can't find the order form where I can place order from Amazon or ebay.
can I order an item on ebay that the bid will end in about 3hours from now. The item name is "nikon 40" worth less than $250.
pls reply

There is an order form on the left side when you have selected the the category you want to shop from. Pls call our customer care representatives to confirm if you can place an order for a bid from ebay, 08102723294 | 01 7746464. Thanks
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by xzibukz(m): 11:03am On Oct 03, 2012
@ Catlanta,
1. when am ordering from Amazon from Your site,
& I pay the money into your gt bank account, do
you send me the pix when d item arrived to your
U.S warehouse and can I ask you to return d item
if the seller offer Return policy.
2. I have ordered 2 diff item inwhich d seller sold d
item before I eventually woke up to go & deposit
d money in your bank account.
Thanks
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by xzibukz(m): 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Catlanta,
i place an order yesterday
my order number is CA1210020134
the computer charges me for your
service and ask me to pay within
24hours.
your ad about independ day pro state
you will work for people for free and order cancel whitin "4hours if payment is not made!
how do i go about this. should i
only deposite the item cost into your account
or what?
pls reply ASAP
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2012
xzibukz: @Catlanta,
i place an order yesterday
my order number is CA1210020134
the computer charges me for your
service and ask me to pay within
24hours.
your ad about independ day pro state
you will work for people for free and order cancel whitin "4hours if payment is not made!
how do i go about this. should i
only deposite the item cost into your account
or what?
pls reply ASAP

If you placed the order yesterday, Yes you may proceed with your payment.
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
Please share your experiences with Circuit Atlantic here. Good or not so good!
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by xzibukz(m): 12:41am On Oct 08, 2012
" 1 items $400.00 =N= 64,800.00
Freight (local and International) $ 51.00 =N= 8,262.00
Service Charge $ 45.10 =N= 7,306.20
PS&DG (Product safety and delivery guarantee 4%) $ 19.84 =N= 3,214.73
Total amount payable $ 515.94 =N= 83,582.93"

I was charge 15% for your service instead of 5-10% charge you stated.
I was also charge 7% for ps&dg.
can I know Why?

Your Transaction number is 1210070108
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 10:33am On Oct 08, 2012
xzibukz: " 1 items $400.00 =N= 64,800.00
Freight (local and International) $ 51.00 =N= 8,262.00
Service Charge $ 45.10 =N= 7,306.20
PS&DG (Product safety and delivery guarantee 4%) $ 19.84 =N= 3,214.73
Total amount payable $ 515.94 =N= 83,582.93"

I was charge 15% for your service instead of 5-10% charge you stated.
I was also charge 7% for ps&dg.
can I know Why?

Your Transaction number is 1210070108

Our services charges and insurance is a measure of the costs of the service and coverage of the risk. It is not a universal measure and varies from item to item and from website to website

Thanks
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by niggaman(m): 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
1 items $30.00 =N= 4,860.00
Freight (local and International) $ 24.90 =N= 4,033.80
Service Charge $ 5.49 =N= 889.38
PS&DG (Product safety and delivery guarantee 4%) $ 2.42 =N= 391.33
Total amount payable $ 62.81 =N= 10,174.51
The cost of the item is $30 and am suppose to $32.81 on freight and other charges. haba thats high
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
niggaman: 1 items $30.00 =N= 4,860.00
Freight (local and International) $ 24.90 =N= 4,033.80
Service Charge $ 5.49 =N= 889.38
PS&DG (Product safety and delivery guarantee 4%) $ 2.42 =N= 391.33
Total amount payable $ 62.81 =N= 10,174.51
The cost of the item is $30 and am suppose to $32.81 on freight and other charges. haba thats high

Hello, You realize that we would have to pay a freight cost for the item you are shipping regardless of how much the item is worth. Our costs are always to the barest miminum.
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2012
Have you tried shopping from circuit atlantic? Tell us your experience.
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2012
None?
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by gidiMonsta(m): 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
I just ordered for 2 Samsung galaxy tabs from amazon via your site, let's see how good you people are.
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
You would not be dissappointed! Keep us updated! Thanks
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by jub009: 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
could u kindly paste me a link for sunglasses?
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by fabari: 1:41am On Oct 24, 2012
i want to buy the new playstation 3 slim 500gb from amazon but its still on preorder. I think it'll be released on october 30 or so. It's $299.96 on amazon with a weight of 1pounds(1lb on circuit atlantic). I'm in portharcourt nigeria and due to the cost of home delivery and the likelihood of not being at home when the postman comes i opt for office pickup. Now is there a circuitatlantic office in portharcourt? I'm cautious not to pay my money into fin air hence i've cancelled my orders everytime. I'd also like to know if i'd be informed when the delivery man's coming. Thanks!
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
fabari: i want to buy the new playstation 3 slim 500gb from amazon but its still on preorder. I think it'll be released on october 30 or so. It's $299.96 on amazon with a weight of 1pounds(1lb on circuit atlantic). I'm in portharcourt nigeria and due to the cost of home delivery and the likelihood of not being at home when the postman comes i opt for office pickup. Now is there a circuitatlantic office in portharcourt? I'm cautious not to pay my money into fin air hence i've cancelled my orders everytime. I'd also like to know if i'd be informed when the delivery man's coming. Thanks!

A client already placed an order for the new slim ps3 on pre-order, the weight of the item however is not and can not be 1lb. For office pick-up outside lagos, you simply go the ABC transport office( they are our shipping partners) and pick up your items. If your choose home delivery fedex would deliver the items to your home and we would inform you once the items have been sent out of lagos. Thanks
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
fabari: i want to buy the new playstation 3 slim 500gb from amazon but its still on preorder. I think it'll be released on october 30 or so. It's $299.96 on amazon with a weight of 1pounds(1lb on circuit atlantic). I'm in portharcourt nigeria and due to the cost of home delivery and the likelihood of not being at home when the postman comes i opt for office pickup. Now is there a circuitatlantic office in portharcourt? I'm cautious not to pay my money into fin air hence i've cancelled my orders everytime. I'd also like to know if i'd be informed when the delivery man's coming. Thanks!

A client already placed an order for the new slim ps3 on pre-order, the weight of the item however is not and can not be 1lb. For office pick-up outside lagos, you simply go the ABC transport office( they are our shipping partners) and pick up your items. If your choose home delivery fedex would deliver the items to your home and we would inform you once the items have been sent out of lagos. Thanks
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by fabari: 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
Catlanta:

you right, its 7.4pounds on amazon. Perhaps i confused it with another. If it's through ABC transport is there not a possibility that someone else might pick it up? I know they are reliable cos we used their services years ago in travelling to Portharcourt from Lagos and back to Lagos. But that was years ago cos i'm a resident of Portharcourt now. Actually office pick up seems more economical and preferrable. Are there some guarantees and would i know when its at the ABC office. Thanks.
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
fabari:

you right, its 7.4pounds on amazon. Perhaps i confused it with another. If it's through ABC transport is there not a possibility that someone else might pick it up? I know they are reliable cos we used their services years ago in travelling to Portharcourt from Lagos and back to Lagos. But that was years ago cos i'm a resident of Portharcourt now. Actually office pick up seems more economical and preferrable. Are there some guarantees and would i know when its at the ABC office. Thanks.

Only if the person, steals your waybill number and also your order id/invoice and also your id card, and then he might have to change his face to look like yours on your id card too. lol. The chances are very very very slim. Their courier services are still on point we have not had any issues of clients loosing items through them. But you are welcome you to come to our office and pick up ur items. And yes you have a 100% gurantee on all items bought through us. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by fabari: 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
Thanks sir. I'll place my order during next semester cos i'm on holiday now. You've a sense of humor, na i don't think anybody would spend so much for a facial reconfiguration just to steal a 57k parcel. Na, not a chance! Thanks again.
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by jub009: 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2012
@Catlanta , pls how will i be able to place my order from ebay(sunglasses). i don't have an account with ebay ..
Re: Circuit Atlantic – A Sure Way To Buy From The US by Catlanta: 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2012
jub009: @Catlanta , pls how will i be able to place my order from ebay(sunglasses). i don't have an account with ebay ..

Yes most definitely simply place an order on our website www.circuitatlantic.com for the sunglasses you want to buy. Pay and leave the rest for us, you will get your item within 10-17 working days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Internet Subscription Code For All Nigerian Networks [ Mtn,airtel,etisalat, Glo] / Onitsha Brand new Hp 650,4gb,500gb,bluetooth,cam,wlan,windows8= 70k / ⏳⏰For sale: "APPLE iPad Air 3 64GB...❗️❗️❗️✔️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.