Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Naija Blogosphere And Plagiarism - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Naija Blogosphere And Plagiarism (776 Views)

Can My Little Suggestion Be The Temporary Solution To Plagiarism On Nairaland / Dealing With Plagiarism Of Nairaland Stories By Rogue Sites / Plagiarism: The Devil Of Ramadi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naija Blogosphere And Plagiarism by Nutase: 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
The rate at which blogs keep popping up in Naija is astronomical and the annoying part of it is that the new ones are not coming up with new ideas or new topics. Every blogger wants to write on entertainment, fashion and gossip when there are so many new areas begging for bloggers to write on. Topics like technology, consumerism and human rights etc.
One distinguishing feature of Naija blogs is that they all source for information from more experienced bloggers sites word for word without even acknowledging the source of their story. The most annoying of these blogs is nigeriafilm.com who steal 90% of their stories without acknowledging their source. You can tell an original story written by them by the poor command of written English used by their writers. Their opening phrase are so primary school that they can make you puke.
Please share your thoughts on this topic as it can help some of our upcoming bloggers learn to do things right.
Re: Naija Blogosphere And Plagiarism by MyneWhite1(f): 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2012
One or two blogs have lifted my articled but I have copyscape and google sends me alerts too and I discover them.

For my blog, I only ask them to put in a link to the original article and make sure it shows written by Myne Whitman.

(1) (Reply)

“who Killed Miss Tina Owolabi”? / Roses Are Red Where I'm Going (pt.2) / Happy Birthday Kizzykeziah- A Great Writer Is A Year Older

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.