Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT (92495 Views)

Unwanted Calls/sms: MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others Fleece Nigerians N547bn Annually / Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings / Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT by inteli: 7:06am On Feb 07, 2015
Panshow:

I had this problem when I was using Android 2.3 gingerbread. I'm using kitkat now and I can't figure out where to locate the settings.
Normally, you go to ur sms setting and disable cell broadcast. But I couldn't locate cell broadcast on kitkat.
I read somewhere, someone is suggesting using a nokia phone to do it. That's moving ur simcard to a nokia phone and go to:

Setting>Phone Setting>Cell
info Display>Off

Then move back ur simcard to ur Android.
I don't know if it's going to work cos I've not tried it, but you may give it a try, may be it'll work.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT by Leriqx: 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT by Leriqx: 8:15am On Aug 08, 2015
TechyGuy:
If you use a smart phone, this can be handled easily with SMS/call blockers.
When I used Blackberry I handled it with Call Control for Blackberry.

Now on Android I use Go SMS pro to screen SMS.
Just long press on the sms and the menu pops up, select, "Add to blacklist".

You can also use the stock SMS app. Long press on the message to get the menu, select "Register number as spam" and confirm.

For Calls from those funny Glo and Airtel numbers, you can use 3rd party apps from Play Store e.g. Call Control for Android. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flexaspect.android.everycallcontrol&hl=en).
Just Add the numbers to blacklist and turn on blacklist function, then you can sleep all night. cool

You can also blacklist numbers with your default call/contact app on Android.
Long press on any number and select "Add to reject list".

Enjoy.

TechyGuy.
Download Latest Songs on Wowloaded, Sean Tizzle - ABiamo (prod. By D'tunes), Brymo – Duro, Dr Sid - Kabiyesi (Prod. By Don Jazzy), Sound Sultan - Everything Is Everything
Re: How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT by edujandon(m): 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread / Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More / Telegram Releases Version 4.8 With With Video Streaming And Many More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.