Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke (2454 Views)

Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently / 2000 Nissan Pathfinder (Toks) Emitting Serious Heat, Pls Help! (Pic) SOLVED / My Camry 99 V6 Emits Black Smoke Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke by delkinz(m): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
Pls Auto engineers in the house.... I just got a tokunboh Toyota Highlander 2003 V6 SUV delivered to me less than six weeks ago but discovered that black smoke comes out of the exhaust and it consumes fuel like hell... took it to mechanic and he said he needs to check the nuzzles or injector switch ... I wasn't so confused as the car does not jerks ... what might be wrong please.... OGA SIENA AND IKENNA ABEG MAKE UNA HELP ME OOOO
Re: High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke by sultaan(m): 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
Check engine light is on, get the codes and google it
Re: High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
Sounds like a dead MAF or Lambda Sond (o2 sensor). Your engine's running way too rich (a bad MAF will cause your engine to over fuel). A scan should be your first port of call. In the meantime, I wouldn't keep driving the car, bore wash due to excessive fuelling can cause irreversible damage. Damage that will mean either a rebore and oversize pistons.

Or a new engine altogether.
Re: High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke by bunmifx(m): 3:31pm On Oct 03, 2012
check the Airflow meter

1 Like

Re: High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke by donkene(m): 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
Where is the car presently?
Re: High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke by efetoma(m): 10:01am On Oct 05, 2012
I changed the 'Brain Box' when i had the same problem with my Maxima,and it worked.....but after spending so much changing almost all the unnecessary parts. grin
Re: High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2012
efetoma: I changed the 'Brain Box' when i had the same problem with my Maxima,and it worked.....but after spending so much changing almost all the unnecessary parts. grin

you were conned a ECU never makes a car smoke

its seem like backyard mechanics in nigeria always blame the ECU with even looking it to pc to read faults
Re: High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke by delkinz(m): 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
sultaan: Check engine light is on, get the codes and google it

Mr Sultan Am in Ife and and there is diagnostics center where I can get the car scanned...

Siena: Sounds like a dead MAF or Lambda Sond (o2 sensor). Your engine's running way too rich (a bad MAF will cause your engine to over fuel). A scan should be your first port of call. In the meantime, I wouldn't keep driving the car, bore wash due to excessive fuelling can cause irreversible damage. Damage that will mean either a rebore and oversize pistons.

Or a new engine altogether.

Oga siena the problem is that I need to make an urgent and important trip benin this weekend and I have to go with the car, I returned the car to the place of purchase and they called their mechanic , the guy saw the car and said the Air flow meter should be changed...

bunmifx: check the Airflow meter

Same thing the mechanic that saw the car yesterday said... I hope that solves the problem

donkene: Where is the car presently?

Am in Ile Ife presently
Re: High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke by efetoma(m): 10:19am On Oct 06, 2012
Ok o,but i saw d old one that was removed in my presence sha.
ZIM DRILL:

you were conned a ECU never makes a car smoke

its seem like backyard mechanics in nigeria always blame the ECU with even looking it to pc to read faults

Re: High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:47am On Oct 06, 2012
efetoma: Ok o,but i saw d old one that was removed in my presence sha.

cool but i still have doubts if it was fault it would have shown on dashboard
Re: High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke by efetoma(m): 10:08am On Oct 07, 2012
No wahala sir. Tnx
ZIM DRILL:

cool but i still have doubts if it was fault it would have shown on dashboard

(1) (Reply)

Thinking Of Getting New Tires? Read This First! / Signs Of Bad Crankshaft Sensor / Suggestions Please Car Gurus..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.