Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Similarities Between Football And Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (7829 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Vacancies and job opening for TODAY (jobs Are Verified & Confirmed) / Trainin And Job Opportunities In Telecoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Similarities Between Football And Job by xyoung: 10:22am On Sep 29, 2012
Labour market can be likened to the football market
Let's check out the similarities
1..Football transfer happens when another club meet the transfer fee/buy out clause of a player( luca modric moved to real madrid because de met d buy out clause in spurs) which is similar to an employee who resigns to another company as soon as they are ready to pay more (my toolpusher friend resigned for .... To .... (Name withheld) because his transfer fee was met)

2..We have the championsleague league where big clubs like real madrid, man utd, barcelona belong which can be likened to International oil companies where exxonmobil, chevron, shell belong
We gat Europa cup(liverpool, feyenoord, sevilla) jus like oil servicing companies (schlumberger, halliburton, transocean)

3..You find out that most players in europa cup dream of playing in the UEFA championsleague( steven gerrard dream of coming to Man city) jus as most employees in oil servicin companies dream of entering International oil companies ( oando energy service staff dream of working in Shell)

4...After playing for some years, a striker (player) can become a coach (fillipo inzaghi now coach of milan youth team) similar to a roustabout who can rise to become the rig manager

The basic difference
1..A player cannot change club more than twice( transfers occur only at summer break-august and winter break-january) in a season but in a year an employee can change companies as much as he want to.

2...A player cannot play for championsleague and europa cup in d same season (if van pierse cannot play for man utd in championsleague and move to inter milan in january, he cannot play in d europa league) but a schlumberger employee can resign after three month to Addax petroleum and after another 5month, resigns to Total E&P

3...To become an effective manager or CEO of a company, you need field experience coupled with several training eg sunmonu was a graduate trainee many years ago and now MD of shell but in football, you don't need experience as a footballer to become a good coach eg Jose mourinho was never a footballer but now an excellent coach

Other similarities and difference exist, TALK YOUR OWN

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by 234GT(m): 10:46am On Sep 29, 2012
Guy you do well o. A difference is that in football, a club can loan a player to another club, eg, my one and only Hernan Crespo was loaned from chelsea to ac milan. That cant happen in the labour market. Shell will never loan a top engineer to mobil.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by xyoung: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2012
234GT: Guy you do well o. A difference is that in football, a club can loan a player to another club, eg, my one and only Hernan Crespo was loaned from chelsea to ac milan. That cant happen in the labour market. Shell will never loan a top engineer to mobil.
You are sooooo on point
Anoda similarity is dat in football and job market, transfers/employment go thru backdoor at times eg mikael obi was headin for manutd before backdooor tins brought hi to chelsea, tevez/mascherano experienced d same back door tins b4 endin up in westham
Likewise some companies never advertise and only employ thru backdoor eg pan ocean, Afren and NNPC
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by Maxymilliano(m): 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2012
Thought some guys were a while back, transferred to Security and Exchange Commission by Access Bank on secondment while still on its payroll, this is synonymous with the loan move by Emmanuel Adebayor to Real Maldrid and Tottenham from the Eastlands.
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by hardbody: 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
Similarity, like football, in your job you get paid for doing what you get a kick and fun doing. If the job is not fun, and there are no fresh challenges, you soon have disatisfaction, and performance will dwindle, after a while, the system may flush you out, typical of an organized football club
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by Itoroetti(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2012
234GT: Guy you do well o. A difference is that in football, a club can loan a player to another club, eg, my one and only Hernan Crespo was loaned from chelsea to ac milan. That cant happen in the labour market. Shell will never loan a top engineer to mobil.
point of correction.well,staff of oil servicing contracted to work 4d oil company 4a fixed period of time.during dis time,d oil company is responsible 4d staffers upkeep and allowance.so datz a point.
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by saintneo(m): 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2012
The most hilarious is the UCL & Europa comparison to Production and Services Coys respectively.

Nevertheless, this comparison is for Oil and Gas segment. How about comparison on the financial market.
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2012
Football is a job nowadays.
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by LagosDiary: 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2012
Really?
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by 234GT(m): 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
Itoroetti :
point of correction.well,staff of oil servicing contracted to work 4d oil company 4a fixed period of time.during dis time,d oil company is responsible 4d staffers upkeep and allowance.so datz a point.
I am not talking of oil servicing companies and multinationals. I am talking of a multinational like mobil loaning a top engineer to shell or bp.
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
Well, in football, pay doesnt necessarily correlate with results... in the labour market, your results should match your pay...

In football, the worst talented in a team may have a better resume than a much talented player in another team.. e.g Wes brown and Oshea have won champs league, Van Persie on the other hand...
While in labour market, ur resume improves your pay and rank most times..

another one is... oh wait. . sorry dem talk similarities.... kai.. wrong thread... i give myself red card and sack letter...

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by hydeenoble(m): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2012
both entertain!
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by a1solution: 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2012
Players are not supposed to be paid because they are catching fun. When I was in primary school I play ball for fun wthout expecting any monetary reward but these days the money thing av turn my fun for foot ball off because of the too much corruption it has introduced to it. If in doubt ask FIFA
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by newnaira: 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2012
To me, football is a job like any other job
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by alphaconde(m): 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2012
Don't know what say even if I want to comment
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by Alaafialoro(m): 8:00am On Sep 30, 2012
Last time I checked,when you render a service and you are paid for it,you are already doing a job... Football itself is a job,ask Gianfranco Zola,Diego Maradona etc that ‘ve been living around football,first as footballers and now as coaches.
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by fitnesslover1(m): 8:12am On Sep 30, 2012
in most cases, jobs were never a source of enjoyment whilst football is a passion for most of the players that now happens to pay them lots of money

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by redsun(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2012
Football is like banking,overblown importance.Where the lucky and manipulative few capitalize on people,s resources and naivity to enmass wealth,have fun,play god and enslave the gullible minds.More like organized religions business.
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by bright007(f): 11:11am On Sep 30, 2012
This place is for sale

This place is for sale

This place is for sale

This place is not for sale
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:12am On Sep 30, 2012
Football is also a job.
Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by azimibraun: 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
Football is football and yet a job. U play for fun fame and fortune. If football na only job; hw come players dey vex if dem no play match even wen dey get paid for not playing? If na for my office dem no gv me any job do and I wll still b paid,me no worry man. I go dey take pay dey do anoda hustle because job no b fun and u may job and never b famous.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Football And Job by Fairgodwin(m): 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
Point of correction: Jose Mourinho was a FOOTBALLER! He played PROFESSIONAL football between 1980 and 1987.

Do more research next time, bro. (nice thread, though).

(1) (Reply)

Amaiden Energy Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Savannah Bank Reopens / Desopadec Job Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.