Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Self Harm - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Self Harm (1394 Views)

Tight Clothes Can Harm You Really Badly..... / Taking Paracetamol While Pregnant Could Harm Baby Boys / Foods That Benefits The Body, But Harm The Teeth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Self Harm by Smileyface: 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2006
Anyone ever self harmed? Don't feel ashamed if you have or do. I know some of you may be thinking  Huh But i just wondered if anyone is in a similar situation to me.
Re: Self Harm by hotangel2(f): 1:30am On Apr 15, 2006
Hunnie, please don't tell me u cut. No it's not insane. But im sure whatever it is you are going through can be cured without cutting.

I don't cut, but i bite my lips sometimes and i hurt myself.
Re: Self Harm by Smileyface: 1:57am On Apr 15, 2006
Yeah, i had OCD when i was younger, got rid of that then started nipping myself, and making a fist really tight then started using a needle and now a razer blade, its not that bad now, i have controlled it to a certain spot on my arm, where i wear a sweat-band.
Re: Self Harm by hotangel2(f): 3:07am On Apr 15, 2006
Ohh no, u should stop hun, im sure you can stop if you made yourself too.

U know cutting is like mini, suicide. I won't stay here and preach to you about cutting is EVIL or something of that nature. I learnt that people who cut take away the pain by shedding some of their bloods. I also leanrt that when you talk too much to them, u ain't really helping, rather you are giving them more reasons to cut.

So im glad that you said, you're not that bad anymore. Cutters regret cutting later on in life, because when u want to wear short sleeves, u'll be shy of doing it, and wouldn't know what to do. Plus, it's dangerous to your health, u could use an HIV infected blade to cut yourself someday, and u could contact AIDS.

Have you tried talking to someone about the problems that made u start cutting? U could talk to me if you want to, sharing those things that are making you cut sometimes help u stop cutting. I'm sure u hear this everyday, but hun please stop cutting. It's bad. The dangers of cutting are too much. Loosing of too much blood, and u might not be able to call an ambulance when such happens. I spose you're a girl, because girls cut most. guys cut too, but not as girls.

Most teenagers mistaken "cutting" for the new cool, or the new way of "curring anger", it ain't so, seriously, I SCREAM when im really angry, Screaming does no harm to me, but it helps me calm down, and after that i drink orange juice. Why not try that instead of running to the restroom to cut and shed blood?
ANyways, get help, and work on stopping. Good luck.
Re: Self Harm by bluenubian(f): 3:54am On Apr 15, 2006
at the lowest point in my life, when i was really down, i actually thot about it, but i used a key though, didnt really hurt myself but it left a bruise. the point im getting to, is that, i understand why people could actually hurt themselves. in no way is it right. but to the the pain they are feeling emotionally is taken away by a even greater physical pain. anyone doing tis should seek help. i havent. but i dont hope to feel like i felt again. and if i do i promise toseek alternative and healthy ways of feeling better
Re: Self Harm by 2cantango(f): 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2006
My sis has OCD, but thankfully doesn't physically harm herself.
I have known a woman who would claw herself with her own fingernails to the extend that she had big trailing scars on her arms and her face, it is a serious condition that apparently cannot be just stoped because you tell yourself to stop. Therapy is advised, and gives very positive results. I believe prayer is also a great weapon in dealing with such a condition.
Re: Self Harm by SIBLI06(m): 9:36am On Apr 21, 2006
Unfortunately Yes I have harmed myself during my childhood. I am not proud (Rather ashamed to be honest) of the fact that I have slashed myself with a razor. I took an overdose on 2 occasions, both times resulting in emergency resuscitation at the hospital. Why did I do it? It was a overwhelming feeling of being unloved by my parents who were always looking after my sister better than me. That's what I thought at the time (My sister suffered from cancer when she / we were young (11 - 14 years). I could not see the importance of my families undivided attention to my sister, I felt totally left out. Yes it is so stupid but it resulted in resentment and obviously nearly my death.

To all parents out there, if you have a sick child in your family please try to spread your love to all of your kids. Sickness of one child effects the whole family, some obviously worse than others.

I did receive conselling afterwards (at the time i did not have the relationship with God as I do now) Thank you god for saving me!!

I wrote this reply just to let people know that self harm is a illness!! And if not treated can lead to death.

Nice thread though!
Re: Self Harm by zogo(m): 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2006
for Godsake wats the meanin of cutting and OCDS here! wat are u guys really talking here? why not make this thing clear for others to contribte or learn!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News On Hiv Treatments In Nigeria / Help With Wicklow: / What Causes Heartburn And How To Quickly Get Rid Of It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.