Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,118 members, 7,849,497 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:38 PM

Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do (1927 Views)

5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do / 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. / Easiest Way To Make Lyrics For Your Ttpod Using Your Cell Phone Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by VAdmiral(m): 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2008
[b]There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it.

1. Emergency:

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile Phones is 112. If you find yourself out of coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialled even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

2. Unlocking Your Car:

Have you locked your keys in the car? Does your car have remote keys? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone. If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on his cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on his end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

3. Hidden Battery power:

Imagine your cell battery is very low, you are expecting an important call and you don't have a charger. Nokia instrument comes with a reserve battery. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

4. To Disable a STOLEN Mobile Phone

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone * # 0 6 # You will see that a 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone gets stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by dragnet: 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2008
V/Admiral, thanks for the info. . .but *3370# doesnt work in all Nokia handset & 112 hardly gets connected to an "answerable" line over here & also blocking of phones with the IMEI isnt yet supported by our service providers even with their over 5 years of operation
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by Emeka72(m): 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2008
Also, you can use some phones to watch an exciting TV program when PHCN strikes so it acts as a mobile generator
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by dragnet: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2008
Emeka 7, thats widely known. . . . . .
The author is referring to "rare" things . .e.g the car unlock
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by Emeka72(m): 3:54pm On Jan 17, 2008
But that of the TV phone is one of the latest way to have fun on a mobile phone for example If I am watching who wants to be a millioniare and NEPA fumbles I will have my mobile telivision ready as a standby
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by samuelk(m): 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2008
@emeka,r u talkn bout tv streamin on fnes or merely tv fnes
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by TOYOSI20(f): 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2008
My Blackberry Pearl Never ceases to Amaze me I've had it for a year and a half and I do think I could live without it.
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by Bossman(m): 7:45pm On Jan 18, 2008
These things have been going around for a while #2 & #3 is complete nonsense! Anyone with a little sens will know that a damn phone will not open a car. Search the net, you will find out that this is are completely false statements. As for #4, it will work ONLY if your provider supports IMEI blocking. besides, it will work on any network that not part of the same database your provider uses. For example, if a phone is blocked in the UK (They are one of the few countries that support IMEI blocking) , the phone can still be taken to Nigeria, US, or any other country and still work.
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by DualCore1: 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2008
@Poster
whats up yo, thanks for your effort at wanting to help with info, but try and give info tht's applicable to us, those your four points hold no grounds here.
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by MrInfo1(m): 10:00pm On Jan 18, 2008
Talk talk and talk, no action undecided
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by Emeka72(m): 11:19am On Jan 21, 2008
so many people believe thier phone is only meant for making and recieving calls
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by DualCore1: 11:59am On Jan 21, 2008
@Topic
your phone could be a health risk. do research on that.
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by texazzpete(m): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2008
Dual Core:

@Topic
your phone could be a health risk. do research on that.

If he starts research on this, he could spend years on it! The debate whether mobile phones cause cancer has raged on for years and, and neither side has come out with conclusive proof yet. Nice of you guys to encourage him sha, it's better he tries to do something than he turns out to be another ceejay

@Poster
It's the thought that matters. . .
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by DualCore1: 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2008
texazzpete:

it's better he tries to do something than he turns out to be another ceejay

roffffl roffffl

my boss is still asking why i'm laughing.
hahahahahaha
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by darmys(f): 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2008
@ texazzpete , Hi smiley
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by MrInfo1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2008
[size=28pt]Noise[/size]
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by darmys(f): 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2008
is u talking to me
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by DualCore1: 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2008
info shay ur brain don dey touch abi? whts that large font size for? angry
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by Emeka72(m): 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2008
I was told that GSM carries radio-active waves which kills sperm cells
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by darmys(f): 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2008
Dual Core:

info shay your brain don dey touch abi? whts that large font size for? angry

dont mind him undecided i was only saying Hi to TP cos i kinda know him
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by texazzpete(m): 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2008
@darmy$
Know me? Gimme a clue. . .
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by MrInfo1(m): 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2008
Dual Core:

info shay your brain don dey touch abi? whts that large font size for?  angry
   lipsrsealed

darmy$:

don't mind him  undecided i was only saying Hi to TP because i kind of know him

lipsrsealed

[size=28pt]EvEyBoDy WhY mE O ?[/size]  angry

Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by samuelk(m): 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2008
funny@info
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by darmys(f): 10:37am On Jan 23, 2008
lol
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by thegame(m): 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Poster, Nos 2, 3 and 4 ain't working
3 is funny, My car understands a phone conversation?Maybe the review u got this from suggested a supercar and u talking about normal cars here. Check well, cos those only works on some high end porsches(im sure) and super cars not 2007 camry or any keyles entry car.
your claims are not working in naija.
By the way, concerning No 4, i would prefer and love those guys to work on 3G rather than working on IMEI blocking or what ever it's called.
Then Radiation kills SPERM CELLS
OH GOD< SAVE US. THE WORLD IS COmING TO AN END
Re: Things U Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do by DualCore1: 8:15pm On Jan 23, 2008
thegame:

Then Radiation kills SPERM CELLS
OH GOD< SAVE US. THE WORLD IS COmING TO AN END

Mobile phones emit low level radiation, in a research in 2004, it was found out that radiation has an effect on sperm count.
so thegame, inasmuch as u would want to consider this as bizarre, consider it with some seriousness.

(1) (Reply)

Help!!!mtn Data Size For Blackberry / Price Drop On Nokia Phones / Which Was Your First Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.