Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,090 members, 7,863,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes (1300 Views)

Mother Abandons Four-year-old Sick Girl In Hospital / US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola / Stop Googling Your Symptoms. Doctors Are Sick Of It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes by mycutiepie(f): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2008
I need you guys help regarding 2 kids who have cough, cold and having high temperature. Pls I need some herbal medicines, I mean stuffs like ginger + honey and all that to cook together. I know ginger is so good. So does anyone know any herbal stuffs that could cure all these symptoms, one of them throws up after eating.

Your kind help will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes by Seun(m): 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2008
You better take them to a hospital for professional help before they die on you. angry angry
Re: Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ poster
I don't believe you shocked The kids can't be sick and you'll be here asking a meaningless question undecided

If u really wanna know, no matter the herbs u use, they can never work like orthodox medicine. Modern drugs are concentrates of the useful, non toxic structures of healing plants.

I suggest you go to obogunogo pharmacy after the iroko tree and buy some cough expectorant. They also work for fever. cool

If your husband is a chemist, then you can this: give the kids 2cm2 of Hcl, it's also a constituent of cough expectorants grin
Re: Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes by mycutiepie(f): 11:55pm On Jan 17, 2008
Hey guys,
I know what am seeing and saying. its not that extreme and I am familiar with oyinbo medicine but am not just comfortable with them. With the FDA recalls going on here and there. Even when I take them to the hospital, the doctors tell me to give them enough fluid and they will be better. So don't just jump into conclusions.Thanks all.
Re: Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes by Leilah(f): 12:57am On Jan 18, 2008
try some honey and lemon juice with some boiling water in it.
Re: Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes by vanesa(m): 8:50am On Jan 18, 2008
I'm a medical doctor poster what do you mean by high temperature?
since when did you observe this?
what do you know about flu?
why dont you want to get a proper diagnosis for them?
Re: Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes by titilaelae(f): 10:20am On Jan 18, 2008
1) Blend garlic and mix with honey (quantity depends on your requirement)

2) Mix lime with honey in equal proportion

3) Palmoil/lime/sugar in ratio 2:2:1

Chewing on ginger is highly effective if you want to stop vomitting.

Any one of the above-listed natural remedies  is fantastic for cough.  However, you may need to take your kids to the hospital for PROPER DIAGNOSIS.
Re: Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes by ifyalways(f): 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2008
titilaelae:

1) Blend garlic and mix with honey (quantity depends on your requirement)

2) Mix lime with honey in equal proportion

3) Palmoil/lime/sugar in ratio 2:2:1

Chewing on ginger is highly effective if you want to stop vomitting.

Any one of the above-listed natural remedies is fantastic for cough. However, you may need to take your kids to the hospital for PROPER DIAGNOSIS.

well said !
alternative medicine works but yet dear,see a doctor.
Re: Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes by mycutiepie(f): 9:26pm On Jan 19, 2008
Thanks all. Your input means alot to me. Ihavetakenthem to hodpital before and not just a regular hospital, it was a childrens hospital. After waiting for hours, they told me to keep giving them fluid that they were alright.

And for me technically,
I prefer my 9ja natural remedies to these oyinbo medication with one side effect or the other. I made them boiled ginger plus honey and cinnamon stick.They are getting better except for their running nose and nightly high temperature which subdues after giving them shower.

I have scheduled them to see their doctor but thats in a month and half. Once again thanks all. I will keep your recipes.

NB: As per the palm oil, I don't have access to original here except from the fake onces imported from God knows where. I miss NAIJA
Re: Two Kids Are Sick: I Need Herbal Recipes by mycutiepie(f): 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2008
Seun:

You better take them to a hospital for professional help before they die on you. angry angry

O serious seun @ BAN.

This oyinbos no serious jere, dem no go any anything especially with the children medications recall and this thing about not giving under 3years old kids medicine except the situation is extreme.

Besides, the day i posted this thread, i had 2 midterms and couldn't afford to go to the hospital andwait 4 hours b4 been seen, and later seen without remedy plus missing my midterm.

(1) (Reply)

Boost Your Cd4 Count (immune System) In Less Than Four (4) Weeks! / Cerebral Malaria May Have Passed From Gorillas To Us /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.