Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,134 members, 7,852,856 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:13 AM

INSPIRATIONAL: Stop Saying; "What Is The Use In Serving God" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / INSPIRATIONAL: Stop Saying; "What Is The Use In Serving God" (544 Views)

Satanic Suggestions While Serving God / Satanic Suggestions In Serving God / Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INSPIRATIONAL: Stop Saying; "What Is The Use In Serving God" by ACKCITY: 9:04am On Oct 04, 2012
Many people including myself are guilty of uttering the above phrase many times. Sometimes it is said by mistake, a lot of other times we deliberately say it, particularly when we find ourselves in some difficult situations. We are often too quick to ask, “What is the purpose of serving God?”, “Why should I be serving God and pass through all these difficulties?”, “Why me O Lord with all my service to you?”

We ask many questions like these.

Malachi 3: 13-15 makes reference to this, it says; “You have said terrible things about me,” says the Lord. “But you say, ‘what do you mean? What have we said against you? You have said, ‘What’s the use of serving God? What have we gained by obeying his commands or by trying to show the Lord of Heaven’s Armies that we are sorry for our sins? From now on we will call the arrogant blessed. For those who do evil get rich, and those who dare God to punish them suffer no harm”...[http://www.ackcity.net/why-should-i-serve-god]
Re: INSPIRATIONAL: Stop Saying; "What Is The Use In Serving God" by destinedtee(m): 11:33am On Oct 04, 2012
Humanly speaking,there are some circumstances that do make us ask those questions(directly or indirectly).May God help us to still believe in Him even in d face of those situations.It is not easy going by the flesh, but God's grace can keep us strong in Him even when we face such challenges...I can boldly say by His grace that 'IT TRULY PAYS TO SERVE GOD' He deserves our praise,service and worship.Thanks ACK CITY for reminding me once again.God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

God Created U For A Purpose / Should Churches Pay Tax? / Only God Can Offer U Protection And Security? Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.