Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

R &B Star D’banj Is On Front Cover Of London Evening Standard - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / R &B Star D’banj Is On Front Cover Of London Evening Standard (769 Views)

Davido Is Not The First Nigerian To Sign For Sony… D’banj Is / M-a-s-t-u-r-b-a-t-i-o-n Competition In China (photos) 18+ / UK govt forcing poor families out of London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

R &B Star D’banj Is On Front Cover Of London Evening Standard by Wazobia(m): 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
Nigeria is on the Spotlight: R&B star D’Banj and Fashion designer Duro Olowu grace the front cover of London Evening Standard today.
R&B star D’Banj and London based Nigerian fashion designer Duro Olowu are positively changing the image of Nigeria abroad....thanks guys.
Now who says nothing good can come from Nigerians. To be honest with you, the earlier our business men and women in Nigeria begin to see the opportunities of investing in sports and entertainment in Nigeria, it will do a whole lot of good for the reputation of the ‘GIANT’ of Africa.
The influential London Evening Standard in its first of a series focusing on London’s vibrant communities debuted with the most populated black nation in the world as it sheds its SPOTLIGHT ON NIGERIA.
Read below as Jessica Lambert gets the lowdown on London’s capital’s ‘Little Lagos’.....
I must say Jessica, it was a witty write up....are you sure you aren’t dating a naija guy? lol

Size:
93,000 Nigerian-born Londoners in 2011, says the Office for National Statistics.

Favourite parts of London:
Mostly south — Clapham, Peckham, Camberwell — but also Hackney, Swiss Cottage and Kilburn.

More than 200 years old — the earliest Nigerians to arrive in London came here as a result of the slave trade. More recently a lot of Nigerians emigrated here in the 1960s.

Okay, but that was still a while ago. Tell me something that’s happening right now:
The Nigerian Carnival will be buzzing with fabulous costumes, music and food in Kennington Park on October 20.

Sounds like the Notting Hill Carnival:
Yes, but that took place in the long forgotten summer. This one’s in just two weeks’ time.

What if I can’t wait that long to dance to some Nigerian beats?
You could head down to south London’s Club Zanzibar. But you’ve probably been dancing to a lot of Nigerian music if you’ve been in any R&B clubs recently.

Oh yeah, like what?

Oliver Twist, the electro and Afro-Beats dance track from D’banj, was No 2 in the R&B charts this summer.
I love that song!

You’re just saying that because you want to sound young and hip, aren’t you?

No comment. Let’s go back to the food. Where’s good?

Read more at http://www.babajidesalu.

(1) (Reply)

NPF : The FG Paid Assassin / Girl Taken Away By Robbers After They Robbed Them in Their Family Home. / Just In: Police Foils Armed Robbery Attack On Ecobank Along Ikot Ekpene Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.