Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud (16278 Views)

UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures / 6 UNIZIK Final Year Students, Others Die Within 30 Days / 4 Lead City Students Died In Ibadan Auto Crash Early This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 05, 2012
Police parade 5 Lead City students, 21 others

Oyo State police command, on Thursday, paraded 26 suspects, including five students of the Lead City University (LCU), Ibadan, Oyo State.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mbu Joseph Mbu, while speaking at the parade at the police headquarters, disclosed that the suspects were arrested for crimes ranging from internet fraud, armed robbery, car snatching to stealing of jewellery worth N25 million.

He added that they were arrested at different parts of the state.

Mbu said the five students were arrested at a hotel in Ojo, Akinyele Local Government Area of the state, with five laptop computers.

The police boss also said after interrogation, it was discovered that the suspects were using the laptop computers to defraud people.

According to the police boss, the students allegedly defrauded some people of $10 million, $500 and $27,000, part of which they used to purchase three vehicles, including a Range Rover worth N6.2 million.

He said another suspect, Kingsley John, broke into his master’s house and carted away jewellery worth N25 million sold them to one Alhaji Haruna Umar (42) in Sasa, Ibadan, for N12 million.

He said three persons (names withheld) were also arrested with 14 explosives.

Mbu said the suspects attempted to bribe policemen with N20,000, which was turned down, adding that the matter was being investigated.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/48715-police-parade-5-lead-city-students-21-others-
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by k2039: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2012
I hope female university undergraduates are reading this.
I want a man with a range rover,porshe etc,this is an example.

15 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 05, 2012
This Lead City is turning to a community of hooligans. This is not the first time..

1 Like

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 05, 2012
acidosis™:
This Lead City is turning to a community of hooligans. This is not the first time..
...I don't tink so because yahoo boys are in all various higher institutions of learning.

1 Like

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by Ojosaac(m): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2012
When i pass by Lead city, i wonder if those students are their to read and learn or to play with laptop and girls. Anyhow sha, na all private universities them they.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by methodman(m): 8:32am On Oct 05, 2012
Hmm....funny enough the allegations about the rate at which those boiz deh drive expensive cars deh real o. I went to a hotel some months back oh boi...come see cars. wen i asked the security man dere if dem deh do conference he simply told me d cars owners were students.

4 Range Rover sports and like 3 latest Toyota camry (Muscle). Me i sharply parked my jalopy somewhere. Atimes i wonder if its truely Yahoo dese guyz do or something else.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by MyneWhite1(f): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2012
Yahoo Yahoo boys and all they use the money for is buying cars? shocked lipsrsealed embarassed undecided cry

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2010/12/tuesday-talk-naija.html
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by dridowu: 8:35am On Oct 05, 2012
Lead City , glorified private secondary school, alwayz on d news 4 bad news. I hope d school won't deny them

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by ebamma(m): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2012
Boys are not smiling

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2012
k2039: I hope female university undergraduates are reading this.

woman no gree for u, u come here dey pour ur frustrations.. make money dem go gree and maybe stop using pink fonts...

abi u b gay?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by tyson55(m): 8:37am On Oct 05, 2012
Na wao! Nigeria higher institutions are fast turning into something else. SMDH!
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by velo10: 8:38am On Oct 05, 2012
Even in private universities? shocked
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by tunapawizzy: 8:41am On Oct 05, 2012
dis yeye lead city again.....den of criminals
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 05, 2012
Mumu children, bribing wit jst N20,000....

3 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by feelamong(m): 8:43am On Oct 05, 2012
velo10: Even in private universities? shocked

Lead university na Private university?
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by Aphrygian(m): 8:48am On Oct 05, 2012
Leadcity;lautech;osu dis 3 institiutions 4 southwest
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by IVORY2009(m): 8:51am On Oct 05, 2012
I over heard sometime that the natioanl university commission (NUC) withdrawn der document i.e Lead City University, be dat as it maybe, this is becoming a consign, the rate as which youths in Nigeria are mostly looking for a get rich quick opportunity.
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by sheyguy: 8:56am On Oct 05, 2012
Whoever coined the topic of this thread must be joking. Internet Fraud is least in Private Unis because of Access to Internet connection is well controlled in Private schs. the fact that they had to go out to and hotel points to this more than anything.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by alpamo6: 8:59am On Oct 05, 2012
mawojuuche: Mumu children, bribing wit jst N20,000....

I wonder

3 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by peckers: 9:03am On Oct 05, 2012
musKeeto:
woman no gree for u, u come here dey pour ur frustrations.. make money dem go gree and maybe stop using pink fonts...

abi u b gay?
forget the guy is saying the truth

1 Like

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by xtrafly(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2012
k2039: I hope female university undergraduates are reading this.

I agree with you... there is something phony about your pink font though, abi you be...?

1 Like

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by peckers: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2012
i think they need to pay there school fees so pls officer spear them for school fees sake
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 05, 2012
Lead City University no be school na. It has more than it's fair share of Yahoo boys, 'ritualists' and 'runs girls'. Nobody does any actual learning there. Of course they'll be few decent students, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a bleeped up place.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by naijathings(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2012
[size=16pt]na lie joor how boyz go hammer $10 milla, $500k, $27k and dem com dey bribe police with 20k? 5 boyz for that matta? [/size]

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by adewasco2k(m): 9:11am On Oct 05, 2012
sheyguy: Whoever coined the topic of this thread must be joking. Internet Fraud is least in Private Unis because of Access to Internet connection is well controlled in Private schs. the fact that they had to go out to and hotel points to this more than anything.
Are you saying the use of laptops and modems to access the net also controlled? I doubt that...moreover private universities who block certain sites on there network are just wasting there time....my friends in private uni. Browse restricted site via proxy.
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by k2039: 9:23am On Oct 05, 2012
musKeeto:

abi u b gay?

muskeeto are you okay,won ran e si mi ni.

Whether I'm gay or not,how im take concern you,why you no mind ur business,except you gay though.

On whether dem gree or not,no mind those girls dem no gree jare,the matter sef don tire me,dem expect make I go steal money,if police come catch me na dem go first deny me,abi u fit give me money muskeeto,I know say u get bar

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 05, 2012
$10m is a lot of money. I dont think the Nigerian Police knows that they are talking. None of those 5 boys will go to Hotel to hide if they had $10m, they prolly would have over-graduated and lived in posh mansions. But I think Nairalanders are dwelling on the yahoo guys, did anybody notice the 14 explosives which could cause more havoc than the other issues ? And the 25m worth of Jewels ? Thats some mad stone!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by Classicalman(m): 9:31am On Oct 05, 2012
IVORY2009: I over heard sometime that the natioanl university commission (NUC) withdrawn der document i.e Lead City University, be dat as it maybe, this is becoming a consign, the rate as which youths in Nigeria are mostly looking for a get rich quick opportunity.
Bros, this your English na waya!!!

10 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by doctokwus: 9:32am On Oct 05, 2012
$10m dollars kor,£100m ni;just because politicians & those in govt steal d country blind,pple now quote figures as if dey are talking of N100.If dey cud defraud any person of $10m~N1.5b,u tink dey wud b in a common police post bribing wt N25k?Dey wud av hired one SAN,b enjoying their loot while d SAN continually gets d case adjourned.Show me any serious 419'ner whose case was dealth by d nigerian police

3 Likes

Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by opee1231(f): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2012
na wa for all this advance secondary school wey dem dey call uni oo.. but d 20k too small na wt all d ones wey dem hammer..dem nor try oo.. if dey dropped 2m nw,d news no go dey front page.
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by milky3(f): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2012
80% of them are fraudsters....
Re: 5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud by garrigangster: 9:42am On Oct 05, 2012
Last Chance University

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? / Photos: Students Walk Through Water-Covered Road To Attend School In Lagos / Can I Get Admission Into Any Poly Without Jamb?especially Western And Northern Polytechnics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.