Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Doing More With Microsoft. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Doing More With Microsoft. (695 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doing More With Microsoft. by stryda(m): 9:34am On Oct 05, 2012
Happy Independence Day in arrears people. Shall we rise for the national anthem? (Nah just kidding). That is definitely not why we are here. But let’s not forget something Nigeria celebrated her 52nd year of independence. Most of us are asking what we have to show for it. Yes, we are not living the way we would have liked. Good roads, constant power supply and better living conditions and Boko Haram stop with the killing. But we have a lot to be grateful about.

First of all, it could have been worse than what it is. We don’t have any natural disaster happening in any part of Nigeria. Secondly, unlimited Opportunities. Majority are waiting for government to provide them with jobs while they sit back and fold their arms. I hate to break it to you, but that ship has long sailed.

Apart from the crude oil and other natural resources, Nigeria has not fully explored one area which is ICT. Hate it or love it, it is not going away anytime soon. Most companies require applicants to be computer competent. Even more so, we are having computerized job tests. Before I continue, I will like to say there is a difference between being computer literate and competent. Even so, the difference between a computer literate and an “illiterate” is that one knows about computer while the other does not. While being competent is using the computer to achieve a specific task given.

We have different areas in computing. Networking, software development, web development and the likes. We would not be talking about those ones for now. We will start with most popular requirement for increasing chances of getting a job and that is getting familiar with Microsoft office.

Do you know you can get a lot more from the Microsoft office package? Did you know that you can use Microsoft excel to design and even make web pages. Yes you saw right and no I am not crazy. Continue reading @ http:///bxt2zZRn
Re: Doing More With Microsoft. by Samabu07(m): 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
stryda: Happy Independence Day in arrears people. Shall we rise for the national anthem? (Nah just kidding). That is definitely not why we are here. But let’s not forget something Nigeria celebrated her 52nd year of independence. Most of us are asking what we have to show for it. Yes, we are not living the way we would have liked. Good roads, constant power supply and better living conditions and Boko Haram stop with the killing. But we have a lot to be grateful about.

First of all, it could have been worse than what it is. We don’t have any natural disaster happening in any part of Nigeria. Secondly, unlimited Opportunities. Majority are waiting for government to provide them with jobs while they sit back and fold their arms. I hate to break it to you, but that ship has long sailed.

Apart from the crude oil and other natural resources, Nigeria has not fully explored one area which is ICT. Hate it or love it, it is not going away anytime soon. Most companies require applicants to be computer competent. Even more so, we are having computerized job tests. Before I continue, I will like to say there is a difference between being computer literate and competent. Even so, the difference between a computer literate and an “illiterate” is that one knows about computer while the other does not. While being competent is using the computer to achieve a specific task given.

We have different areas in computing. Networking, software development, web development and the likes. We would not be talking about those ones for now. We will start with most popular requirement for increasing chances of getting a job and that is getting familiar with Microsoft office.

Do you know you can get a lot more from the Microsoft office package? Did you know that you can use Microsoft excel to design and even make web pages. Yes you saw right and no I am not crazy. Continue reading @ http:///bxt2zZRn
Your link is Ŋ¤τ̲̅ working.
Re: Doing More With Microsoft. by stryda(m): 10:48am On Oct 07, 2012
Samabu07:
Your link is Ŋ¤τ̲̅ working.

Check it @ http://blog.quadclover.com

(1) (Reply)

Russian Fireball Won't Be Last Surprise Asteroid Attack / HOT Watch Turns Your Hand Into A Phone / Scientists Find Black Hole Spewing Iron, Nickel In Powerful Jets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.