Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year (2959 Views)

The Expensive Cars Asamoah Gyan And Adebayor Drove To Kumasi / Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by sirwebs(m): 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2008
I was genuinely surprised by this verdict from fans across Africa. Well done Ade' for beating Essien and co. Even though I don't think he is world class, it shows hard work and industry works.
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by mukina2: 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2008
Good for him cheesy

way to go Sheyi kiss

congratulations grin
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by proxies(m): 7:43am On Jan 21, 2008
Up gunners!!!
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by tkb417(m): 7:47am On Jan 21, 2008
Drogba was better than him last season. . .He was even a fringe last season, didnt score as much as Drogba and yet he beat Drogba to it.
Crazy people
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by topeorekoy(m): 8:20am On Jan 21, 2008
the last winner was named in january 2007. that was wn drogba had an edge and the league closed in may. the league opened in august 2007 and who has been the best performer since then? ADEBAYO has been, and u dont expect voters to vote a player as per last season, they voted based on what they have seen so far this season, adebayo took over 40% of the votes.

i will say he deserves it

UP ADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by Chukacarlo(m): 8:59am On Jan 21, 2008
Adebayor deserves the award more than any other player.I wish him the best of luck goooo gunners
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by tkb417(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2008
the last winner was named in january 2007. that was wn drogba had an edge and the league closed in may. the league opened in august 2007 and who has been the best performer since then? ADEBAYO has been, and u don't expect voters to vote a player as per last season, they voted based on what they have seen so far this season, adebayo took over 40% of the votes.

i will say he deserves it

UP ADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shameful. . .the award was for contributions to last season, not this season.
The Time of giving of award has nothing to do with who wins at the end of the day like you wrongly opined.
Kaka was just named the World Futballer of the year based on his performances last season.

If we were to use ur analysis of time and blah blah, then Kaka will not win the world footballer of the year award.Essien won the BBC African footballer of the year 2006, the year in question is 2007 and Drogba had 33 goals in all competitions, won the FA cup and the milk cup. So , tell me what informed the voting that favoured the legendary Para-lympian?
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by topeorekoy(m): 10:28am On Jan 21, 2008
tkb417:

Shameful. . .the award was for contributions to last season, not this season.
The Time of giving of award has nothing to do with who wins at the end of the day like you wrongly opined.
Kaka was just named the World Futballer of the year based on his performances last season.

If we were to use your analysis of time and blah blah, then Kaka will not win the world footballer of the year award.Essien won the BBC African footballer of the year 2006, the year in question is 2007 and Drogba had 33 goals in all competitions, won the FA cup and the milk cup. So , tell me what informed the voting that favoured the legendary Para-lympian?

maybe u have 4gotten what happend to OKOCHA and samuel ETO'O wen OKOcha was in top form for his club and even played so well during the nation's cup but lost out to him eventually.

ADE gathered over 40% of the votes and u r telling me he doesnt deserve it.

nuting u say will change it now, to me he deserves it more that anyone.

U ADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by McOmo(m): 10:29am On Jan 21, 2008
TKB 419

its appaling how u talk out of ur anus  angry

Drogba has been absent for the better part of the period BBC reviewed so whats ur point ?  undecided

do u remember when Okocha got the same award, what time was in review ?  undecided

Drogba was the best player then thruout the season and even Essien pipped him to the place solely cos start of the season to the end of the year is the major parameter in determining who wins the BBC African footie player of the year  cool
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by topeorekoy(m): 10:35am On Jan 21, 2008
Or maybe u 4got abt the same okocha and hadji of morocco in 1998, just a world cup brilliance gave him the crown.

Ade deserves it
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by tkb417(m): 12:20pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Tope
he has won and nothing can be changed. Okocha was blistering form that same season he won and i wont say Etoo was better the season ure talking about

Are you saying the award they gave to hadji was BBC?

anyway sha, no wahala
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by seunbballo(m): 12:25pm On Jan 23, 2008
fucking gunners was thrashed by a massive 5-1 by tottenham.shame on you. your team was gunned down so u became gunners!!! hahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by dipo2much(m): 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2008
tkb417:

Drogba was better than him last season. . .He was even a fringe last season, didnt score as much as Drogba and yet he beat Drogba to it.
Crazy people
RUBBISH.
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by McKren(m): 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2008
Am not too sure how this was a suprise

He deserves the award, he is currently the most complete african player in the Premiership
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by olajidesam(m): 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2008
why u surprise,the gul real try the season and what do u expect from goals getter
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by pahtahkee: 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2008
tkb417:

Crazy people

How old are you? I guess it is with how advanced in age you are that we can determine your level of . . . lipsrsealed. . . . .
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by tkb417(m): 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2008
How old are you? I guess it is with how advanced in age you are that we can determine your level of . . . . . . . .

it is not in my xter to banter with those who cannot differentiate between figures of speech and tenses grin grin grin
how old are you? i guess it is how advanced in age you are that we can determine how educated you. . . . grin grin grin
Mr foolish grin grin grin

@Dipo2much
Did you just get a Marvis beacon for ur typing lessons?
Keep it up. . .when ure certified ok, come back and do this again.
olodo rabata
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by ndubest(m): 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2008
Aresnal fans and ANTI-aresnal fans at work grin grin grin

all those in support of adebayor, will you support him if he was in Man U
all those against Adebayor, will be against him if he is in your team

let watch football with our head not our hearts

In as much as am not a fan of ADEBAYOR i think he deserves the award going by the current form

and for people that are saying that the award was for last season, tell that to people that voted

I want to inform you that the PRESENT FORM counts 90% to the votes each player gets

Dont forget that BBC made it open and everybody went there to vote, so they didnt tell you when u should consider while voting

I was a voter there too

so even if you say its last season's form and i happen to watch a good dispaly from one of the players last weekend, and am voting today, the tendency

is for me to vote that player because his last display is still in my subconscious memory

PEACE GUYs cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by folahann(m): 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2008
Adebayor work for it and he got it, let others also solve their assignments; if he doesn't deserve it he wouldn't have been nominated in the 1st place
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by pahtahkee: 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2008
tkb417:

it is not in my xter to banter with those who cannot differentiate between figures of speech and tenses grin grin grin
how old are you? i guess it is how advanced in age you are that we can determine how educated you. . . . grin grin grin
Mr foolish grin grin grin
grin grin grin

I have helped you out of your malady by painting out your point against me. Now tkb417 cheesy, I know of a certain XXXXX and it will be a shame if you belong to that specific clan, as they do not display the acute stupidity as you have just done.

So scoring more goals is  what counts to you as deserving the BBC Footballer of the year? You are so so sick. It shows you don't know what is called football! Go back to your peddling for nairaland parties.

Idiot. tongue
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by tkb417(m): 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Pataki
haba, why u dey display my name for Nairaland now?
wetin dey worry u sef?
because of Soccer.

Nyways, what do you want to use to judge Adebayor and Drogba? Adebayor is a striker and Drogba is a striker.
The arguements put forward by Tope and MC are more valid than what you just posted. The reasons why Adebayor got this awards is simply because of his present form. How do you know hes on form? hes scored 15 league goals already.
And mind you, all the people shortlisted apart from Essien are strikers who bang in goals.

So whats your point Pataki?
I was of the opinion that since it was last season, then Drogba should have won. But, my arguements wont hold cos people here are of the opinion that the season will be judged from January till date(which sounds silly anyway).

So, it doesnt warrant this ur show of . . .
I can do this very well o. But, i go chill.

By the way, which of the Adebajos you know?
why u dey display my name on the internet? edit that thing abeg.

About the parties, it didnt work out but the facebook thingy worked out tongue tongue
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by pahtahkee: 7:12pm On Jan 23, 2008
tkb417:

@Pataki
haba, why u dey display my name for Nairaland now?
wetin dey worry u sef?
because of Soccer.

Nyways, what do you want to use to judge Adebayor and Drogba? Adebayor is a striker and Drogba is a striker.
The arguements put forward by Tope and MC are more valid than what you just posted. The reasons why Adebayor got this awards is simply because of his present form. How do you know hes on form? hes scored 15 league goals already.
And mind you, all the people shortlisted apart from Essien are strikers who bang in goals.

So whats your point Pataki?
I was of the opinion that since it was last season, then Drogba should have won. But, my arguements wont hold because people here are of the opinion that the season will be judged from January till date(which sounds silly anyway).

So, it doesnt warrant this your show of . . .
I can do this very well o. But, i go chill.

By the way, which of the XXXXXs you know?
why u dey display my name on the internet? edit that thing abeg.

About the parties, it didnt work out but the facebook thingy worked out tongue tongue
@ tkb,
I will save bacon on you for now. cool The XXXXs I know there are two different clans. One clan, they are all products of OOU, the other, one of them attended Yaba tech.

Ok, thanks for settling it now. tongue

BTW, you dey do online party?
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by tkb417(m): 7:21pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ tkb,
I will save bacon on you for now. The XXXXs I know there are two different clans. One clan, they are all products of OOU, the other, one of them attended Yaba tech

OOU?? plenty of my people went to OOU. i think one of my cousins went to Yaba.
Thanks editing that. Correct man. I don report u to ur wife grin grin

BTW, you dey do online party?

online parties? how now? The facebook thing happened in Lagos. A lot of peeps came in from everywhere. It was this last decemeber.
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by pahtahkee: 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2008
Who be my wife? tongue tongue

Is one your cousins into cake-making in OOU?
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by tkb417(m): 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Pataki
of course ur wife is . . .

could that be Biola? stays at Abeokuta.
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by pahtahkee: 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2008
LMAO!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I still spoke with Bunmi sometimes back cool

So you were once my in-law to be angry angry angry
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by tkb417(m): 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2008
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

I still spoke with Bunmi sometimes back

So you were once my in-law to be

u must be kidding!!! Bunmi is in London
u for don dobale for me well well.

correct man. NO more beef with Pataki
u be my person then
See life o. grin grin grin
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by pahtahkee: 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2008
Actually it was not meant to be with Bunmi, but her sis tongue

But she too get strong head cool You no say na fine girl grin grin

Dobale for you? Wishes grin Naa your type tongue

Enuff said now! Lest you know who I am cool
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by tkb417(m): 8:12pm On Jan 23, 2008
Actually it was not meant to be with Bunmi, but her sis

But she too get strong head You no say na fine girl

Dobale for you? Wishes Naa your type

Enuff said now! Lest you know who I am

grin grin grin
ok o, no wahala.
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by DD5: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2008
pahtahkee:

LMAO!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I still spoke with Bunmi sometimes back cool

So you were once my in-law to be angry angry angry

would this Bunmi O? Ex-wife to the volkswagen fellow?
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by pahtahkee: 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2008
D__D:

would this Bunmi O? Ex-wife to the volkswagen fellow?

Knowing you an egba boy too, I am still trying to figure out who you mean actually? Please help out.

@ tkb,
Who be my wifey for this forum? tongue

Back to footy now.
Re: Surprise:adebayor 2007 Bbc Footballer Of The Year by tkb417(m): 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Pataki
heard funkybaby is ur wife. . .someone called her Mrs.Pataki tongue tongue

Back to footie jare cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Predict 5 Correct Scores For Free To Win #5,000,000 Simply Predict The Outcomes / Neymar Vs Robben Who Is A Better Baller? / Queen Elizabeth Asks For Ronaldo's Autograph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.