Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Processing Corn Into Pap - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Processing Corn Into Pap (5803 Views)

US Farmer Grows Multi-coloured Corn (Pictures) / People's Attitude Towards 'Pap' / why do people hate pap (Ogi) so much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Processing Corn Into Pap by Nomziano(f): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2012
Hi,
Pls,am livin in an area wia dia's no ready made pap,so I wud like to make it myself.how do I go abt it?I knw corn is used.

Tnx
Re: Processing Corn Into Pap by dominique(f): 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
First, soak dried corn or guinea corn in hot water for 3 days. Anything more than that, it starts to ferment. if less, it wont be soft enough. Also make sure the hot water completely covers the corn cos its still going to rise over the 3 days.
Next step. On the 4th day, You rinse properly removing shafts and dirts. Then you take it for grinding.
third step-The most stressful step. After grinding. You sieve the grinded corn. Get a sieve with the tiniest mesh size possible. To sieve the pap from the shafts, have a Large bowl of clean water next to you. As you sieve, rinse out the pap from the sieve and squeeze out the shafts.
After sieving, leave the finished product th settle for another day. After that, you collect the pap.
Hope this helped?

1 Like

Re: Processing Corn Into Pap by IdeaIsNeed: 11:28am On Oct 15, 2012
Is it possible to use corn flour instead of all those grinding and sieving stuffs?
Re: Processing Corn Into Pap by dominique(f): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
IdeaIsNeed: Is it possible to use corn flour instead of all those grinding and sieving stuffs?

maybe. But i dont think you'll get the same results. Everyone i know uses the method i stated.

(1) (Reply)

Easiy Ways To Cook Your Beans Faster / Free Catering Training / 10 Foods You May Not Know That Are Healthier To Eat Raw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.