Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? (5185 Views)

What Can 50k Naira Buy And Sell In The Market For Profit? / Digipix Studio: Digital Photography Training Live In Lagos, Warri & Abraka! / Buying Clothes And Jewelries From Dubai To Sell In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by funloving(m): 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2006
Hi folks,

I have been hit by a business brain wave and that is to start a digital photography business when I return to Nigeria.

The idea is to produce instant digital pictures(and videos) with exotic background for people.It will also involve modifying pictures with the relevant software to make people look very beautiful or handsome in their pictures.In fact,I may even provide the Qneen's palace as a backgorund and those looking at your picture will think you were physically there to take it.
I have other novel ideas I will like to inculcate into the business.

The question is,is the digital photogarphy/video business lucrative in Nigeria ?

Before I left country the common thing thing was the conventional Manual Camera using photographic films.The type you take today and collect next week. Mine will be snap now,wait and collect in a few minutes.

Any advice or further idea as well as constructive criticism is fully welcome.
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by Ynot(m): 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2006
You will make sh**t load of money if you plan this well and have enough capital to buy the equipment (quality equipment, that is).

I think there are other big photography companies in some of the big cities. I don't know if they're using digital though. But your focus should be at the universities and/or tertiary institutions.

I've never seen anyone pose for the camera like our brodas and sistas in most of the Nigerian universities. Thats where the cake is. Set up mini studios at the universities and watch as the money start rolling in. You will have the union (i think they have one now) and of course NEPA (or whatever they call em now) to contend with.

Good luck.
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 3:17am On Apr 16, 2006
So many people are already in this business. Many Nigerian photographers have gone digital.
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by Greatpeter(m): 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2006
Trust nigerians!
Our tastes are high.
We don go digital ooo!
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2006
Lessons to be learned from this post:

1) Don't wait till you have loads of money to start a biz. Sometimes it is safe to start small

2) Before you thought about it, 200+ million -1 Nigerians most likely already did

3) When you want to start any biz, strike fast and strike hard

4) Even if others have done it, think of something unique you can add to make the people come to you, instead of the competition

cool
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 5:10pm On May 03, 2006
5) You cannot provide superior services to a market you don't understand.

6) To understand a market you need to be involved in it or interact with those who are.
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by umar11: 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2006
Hello,
I'm thinking of setting up a digital photography center in Nigeria. I will be providing services like instant passport photographs, printing photographs of different sizes from digital cameras, memory cards, mobile phones, cd's and any other type of sources, fixing of damages photos and also include a standard business center that offers typesetting, printing, scanning etc. How much do u think will I need and any advice on setting it up will be highly appreciated
thanks
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 6:40pm On Jun 21, 2006
sorry but your behind time as a lot of people are already doing that.
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2006
Sorry mate! Go to plan B tongue
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by deal4real: 8:04am On Jun 22, 2006
Lessons to be learned from this post:

1) Don't wait till you have loads of money to start a biz. Sometimes it is safe to start small

2) Before you thought about it, 200+ million -1 Nigerians most likely already did

3) When you want to start any biz, strike fast and strike hard

4) Even if others have done it, think of something unique you can add to make the people come to you, instead of the competition

You really say it all!
http://groups.msn.com/2deal4real
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by kazey(m): 9:22am On Jun 22, 2006
One innovative Nigerian solution in regards to digitial photography that amazes me is one of the [url=http://kayodemuyibi.com/2006/01/27/e-commerce-key-player%e2%80%99s-in-nigeria/] key players [/url]in the Nigerian e-commerce industry is foto Nigeria, you guys should check it out.
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by BK(m): 10:19am On Jun 22, 2006
guy u have to start with small you have so that it can take to another level, if u keep thinking and asking you might remain where u r. so the best thing is for you to start from where u r now. Use ur head na 9ger u dey

cheers
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2006
I wonder where one can get the best prices though.
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by DeepSoul(f): 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2006
Just because some others are already in photography business doesn't mean you can't get into it and add jara to your own. All you have to do is be distinctive from the others!
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by einfo: 11:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
Your success as a photographer is determined by the extent of knowledge you have on the subject and equipment you will be working with. To be better than all the other photographers, you will have to study,learn and acquire the necessary skills needed to make it to the top.

http://makemoneynigeria.com/
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by Ememobong1(m): 11:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
Why not try my system if photography fail download free guide @http:///117kmonthly
Re: Does Digital Photography Sell In Nigeria? by BZion(m): 10:33am On Feb 09, 2013
Marketing is the key to success to making it in the photo biz. There are many good photographers out there but the key to making money out of it is to create a buzz around your company or persona. Without this, you would remain a run of the mill photographer.

Visit my blog for photos http://ohibunmizion.shutterchance.com/

Ohi' 'Bunmi Zion

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market / Expert Guide: 15 Tips To Boost Your Engagement On Instagram / Small Scale Business Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.