Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,455 members, 7,770,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:05 AM

Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? (7613 Views)

Husband Beats Pregnant wife for flogging his Dog...! / 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones / Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by OCTAVO: 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
Pls house, i need sensible comments.
Is there anything bad in flogging a rude & disrespectful sibling of ur partner? Especially when u are very much older.
Mind u, the intention is to correct.
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
How old is that sibling?
Does that sibling live with you, under your rules?
Is your partner not able to do it themselves?
Who is his/her guardian?
Why do you feel that YOU should do his guardian's job?

6 Likes

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
He/she is not your sibling nor your child. It doesn't matter that you're older. Do not lay your hands on someone else's child. It is not your place.
If you want to correct, do so verbally and be careful with what you say, but do not lay your hands on them. End of story.

12 Likes

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by violent(m): 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2012
Is it appropriate if someone flogs you yourself if they feel disrespected by the things you do/say?...

If you can flog someone who disrespects you because they are younger, why shouldn't someone else be able to flog you if you disrespect them?

This culture that says the older you are, the bigger your monopoly to apply violence and correct people younger than you is quite nauseating. Being older does not make those younger than you lesser humans. You must learn to treat people of all ages with respect if you want some respect yourself!

11 Likes

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by OCTAVO: 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
Yield: He/she is not your sibling nor your child. It doesn't matter that you're older. Do not lay your hands on someone else's child. It is not your place.
If you want to correct, do so verbally and be careful with what you say, but do not lay your hands on them. End of story.
Ok thanks.
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by OCTAVO: 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
violent:

Is it appropriate if someone flogs you yourself if they feel disrespected by the things you do/say?...

If you can flog someone who disrespects you because they are younger, why shouldn't someone else be able to flog you if you disrespect them?

This culture that says the older you are, the bigger your monopoly to apply violence and correct people younger than you is quite nauseating. Being older does not make those younger than you lesser humans. You must learn to treat people of all ages with respect if you want some respect yourself!
Well, u made ur point, but i don‘t disrespect people anyway.
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
OCTAVO: Pls house, i need sensible comments.
Is there anything bad in flogging a rude & disrespectful sibling of ur partner? Especially when u are very much older.

WTF shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by free2ryhme: 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
OCTAVO: Pls house, i need sensible comments.

well, it depends on the age and gravity of the offence

1 Like

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by SisiKill1: 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2012
Lmao cheesy

@ OP
How would you handle someone closer your age being rude you?
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by free2ryhme: 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

WTF shocked shocked shocked shocked

dis is nigeria ok ...

1 Like

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Oct 07, 2012
free2ryhme:

dis is nigeria ok ...
Shey? That is why those you put in Government, and the police men whose salary you pay with your tax money also flogs you all whenever they like. It is the same "dis is nigeria" mentality all 'round.

2 Likes

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by free2ryhme: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Shey? That is why those you put in Government, and the police men whose salary you pay with your tax money also flogs you all whenever they like. It is the same "dis is nigeria" mentality all 'round.

this is Nigeria and his question an indication that it happens and cant be denied and for your comment the i don't have a clue on how it relates to Government and the police men ..well i can agree with you flogging not being appropriate irrespective of who is involve
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2012
free2ryhme:

this is Nigeria and his question an indication that it happens and cant be denied and for your comment the i don't have a clue on how it relates to Government and the police men ..well i can agree with you flogging not being appropriate irrespective of who is involve

Why in the world would you know how it is all related, when you are stuck with the one-dimensional "this is Nigeria" mindset that many Nigerians live with?

Like I said . ..

Kobojunkie:
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by free2ryhme: 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Why in the world would you know how it is all related, when you are stuck with the one-dimensional "this is Nigeria" mindset that many Nigerians live with?

Like I said . ..

babe watch it ! ok I no get power ooo
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
free2ryhme:
babe watch it ! ok I no get power ooo

um . . child I am not your mother that you can call any name. Just cause you have access to internet does not then put you on the same level as everyone out there.
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by free2ryhme: 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . child I am not your mother that you can call any name. Just cause you have access to internet does not then put you on the same level as everyone out there.

hold it right there Aunty naira! we dont live in a perfect world just becos you leave in one does not mean you are perfect though it might take some time to cleanse our society of this social prejudice does .. As for the records dont let it get thru your head becos i call you babe ok .. it was a qucik type for me and watch your comment
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by omotola1(m): 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2012
Aha...
Y una dey quarel over simple topic?
NAIRALANDERS can be funny sha.
@ OP, it‘s inappropriate. Report any rascal sibling to d appropriate handler!
Shikena
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by free2ryhme: 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

and for your junkie information i dont just have acces to the internet i own it and pay my internet bills happy now
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
shocked shocked shocked

Trust NL members to provided "good" responses PLUS quarrel ontop of it. grin

. . .still on the flogging matter though, I can imagine how annoying it must be, especially if the said "individual" is living under your roof and care but I think it should be done Verbally and if the said "individual" becomes too hard to control, it's best such person leaves.

#MyOpinion

2 Likes

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by mrperfect(m): 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
Yes, with a good reason.
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by SisiKill1: 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
mrperfect: Yes, with a good reason.
Is she also allowed to flog yours?
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by dangerzone: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
Oh yes,if they living under your roof and you RE feeding them
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by chucky234(m): 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
Kobojunkie and free2ryhme while una come turn OP thread to battle ground na
OP you sef why hand dey scratch you to flog another persin pikin,you go find teacher work do if to flog dey hungry you.
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
Yoy can flog,if you have responsibility on them,as in cater for their need,most especially when they live with you.if they are collecting ur money,then they should be ready to collect ur cane.shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2012
If they are within the age you can use cane on them,and you have responsibility on them,if they can collect ur money,they should be ready for the cane.
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Cruzgee: 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2012
If it is ith good intention, there is nothing bad in beating a child if he/she goes wrong but mind you, you need to apply wisdom and open your eyes so you dont over beat the child, going by the gravity of the offence commited.
Majority of Africans beat their children if they are wrong; not to kill or inflict injuries but to correct them. Most children only understand one language - CANE. It should be supported with advice and prayers though.

1 Like

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by mybad: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2012
chaircover: The sibling misbehaves and you report him/her to your partner and let them deal with it.
I agree here.
However, what happens when your partner does nothing about it or no change is noticed in the siblings attitude?
It doesn't necessarily have to result in flogging but a partner's sibling's attitude could be very irritating especially when it's one you expect to be understanding.
A man especially with his ego and all would try to protect his territory and maintain his authority in the house.
Best thing is for siblings to stay away that way respect is maintained and everybody stays happy.
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by Nuezha(m): 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2012
No matter who and no matter what, NEVER flog your partner's younger ones. Keep your distance if you can't tolerate them - period!!!
Don't say I didn't warn you - man or wife.
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by SisiKill1: 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2012
Yomieluv: If they are within the age you can use cane on them,and you have responsibility on them,if they can collect ur money,they should be ready for the cane.

What is the age range for caning? I guess what I am asking is for a ballpark, like between 17yrs and 21yrs or 6months and 2yrs. . .something along those lines.

Also how do you come about that range?

Also why can't one cane someone below the minimum or above the maximum range you provide be caned?

I'm sorry about the many questions, I just want to understand the rules and regulations that governs a proper caning.

1 Like

Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by dasparrow: 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2012
@Post

Report that sibling to your partner and let your partner do the disciplining. I just think people are too abusive in Nigeria. Every little thing is beat, beat, beat. No wonder most Nigerians carry that physical abusive culture with them into their marital homes. The day anyone lays their filthy hands on my children, that person will regret the day he/she was born. There are other ways to correct children other than corporal punishment and infliction of bodily harm on a child.
Re: Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? by sunkoye: 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
oga kiaful kiaful ooo...dont start family wahala oo..u have to be wise about it, even when u house or feed them. its ur partner's issues. your parter enjoys more right to flog if the age complies, but i dont see ur parters sidlings as kids though! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? / Ladies, Can you marry a guy who Is Less Educated or earns less Than You / Update on : Has My Wife Finally Moved On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.