Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,558 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

If Heaven Is What It Is Being Potrayed To Be, Why Are Born-agains Afraid To Die - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Heaven Is What It Is Being Potrayed To Be, Why Are Born-agains Afraid To Die (501 Views)

Atheists, What Will It Feel Like If Heaven And Hell Actually Exists? / If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? / Is It Compulsory For Born Agains To Speak In Tongue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Heaven Is What It Is Being Potrayed To Be, Why Are Born-agains Afraid To Die by Seewealth(m): 10:23am On Oct 09, 2012
I read in NL today about an averted plane crash in MMIA, Lagos. in the report the pilot announced that one of the engines had packed up. this was before take off. see people struggling to come down from the plane.in fact one pastor shouted " it is not my portion to die now". meanwhile in Nigeria, people are always excited and look forward to going to places like the US, Canada and England. this is because those places are better than Nigeria in terms of beauty and opportunities. they celebrate, give thanksgiving and testimonies when they get VISA. Now the question is, why don't people look forward to dying? or put in another way, why are people afraid to die since death is like a VISA to heaven? i am talking particularly about born again Christians.
Re: If Heaven Is What It Is Being Potrayed To Be, Why Are Born-agains Afraid To Die by haibe(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2012
Seewealth: I read in NL today about an averted plane crash in MMIA, Lagos. in the report the pilot announced that one of the engines had packed up. this was before take off. see people struggling to come down from the plane.in fact one pastor shouted " it is not my portion to die now". meanwhile in Nigeria, people are always excited and look forward to going to places like the US, Canada and England. this is because those places are better than Nigeria in terms of beauty and opportunities. they celebrate, give thanksgiving and testimonies when they get VISA. Now the question is, why don't people look forward to dying? or put in another way, why are people afraid to die since death is like a VISA to heaven? i am talking particularly about born again Christians.

Am yet to understand why christians are so scared to die too, doing everything they can to continue tolive in this sinful and corrupt world. Dying should be gain(to born agains) not loss.
Re: If Heaven Is What It Is Being Potrayed To Be, Why Are Born-agains Afraid To Die by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2012
Simple.
Because every animal including human beings has the survival instinct instilled in us which was acquired through evolution.
Re: If Heaven Is What It Is Being Potrayed To Be, Why Are Born-agains Afraid To Die by alexleo(m): 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
Seewealth: I read in NL today about an averted plane crash in MMIA, Lagos. in the report the pilot announced that one of the engines had packed up. this was before take off. see people struggling to come down from the plane.in fact one pastor shouted " it is not my portion to die now". meanwhile in Nigeria, people are always excited and look forward to going to places like the US, Canada and England. this is because those places are better than Nigeria in terms of beauty and opportunities. they celebrate, give thanksgiving and testimonies when they get VISA. Now the question is, why don't people look forward to dying? or put in another way, why are people afraid to die since death is like a VISA to heaven? i am talking particularly about born again Christians.

First is that a real born again is not afraid of death but the fear is about the pain one passes through before dying.
Secondly one is also afraid to die if at that point he or she is not pure in heart to make heaven or his ways are not through with God as to make heaven. For example, if there are restitutions to make and you fail to make them you aint going to heaven even with your born again claims.
Another point is that one thinks of those he ll leave behind how will they cope with life without him.
These reasons varies on the individuals and there are many more. I just mentioned a few.

(1) (Reply)

Are There Students Of The Arcane Sciences In The House? / My Private Jet Story, By Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (Interview Excerpts) / Are Present Pastors Really Acting Like Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.