Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Breaking News:houses, Cars Burnt In Aluu As Authorities Shut Down Uniport! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Breaking News:houses, Cars Burnt In Aluu As Authorities Shut Down Uniport! (1317 Views)

Girl Shot In The Mouth In Aluu, Rivers State. Graphic / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. / UNIPORT Students And ALUU Villagers Fighting In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News:houses, Cars Burnt In Aluu As Authorities Shut Down Uniport! by onomeasike: 1:43am On Oct 10, 2012
[b]

Uniport in crisis following the brutal murder of four of its students.

Reports from Aluu, a Port-Harcourt community indicate that several houses and cars were destroyed by an irate mob on Tuesday evening. Aluu is the community where four students were killed on Friday, by residents, for alleged theft.

Earlier in the day, students of the University of Port-Harcourt embarked on a protest march around the Aluu community to protest the killing of four of their colleagues. The protest, which saw the students block the popular Choba junction, led to the burning of some houses in the community.

The earlier protest was witnessed by men of the Nigerian Police Force just as a police helicopter hovered over the students during the protest. The protest was believed to have ended in the evening and was set to continue on Wednesday.

It is not clear who is responsible for the arson which occurred in the evening, as reports indicate that the panic in Aluu has caused several students to pack their belongings and run away from the community, which has a high student population

A medical science student of the institution who called PREMIUM TIMES on Tuesday evening said his friends living in Aluu had packed their belongings and moved out of the community for fear of losing their lives or property. The university authorities had earlier declared this week as a mourning week and free of academic activities.

The violence has now caused the university authorities to close the university indefinitely while an official statement from the institution is expected anytime soon.

Efforts to reach the police spokesperson for Rivers State, Ben Ugwuegbulam, failed as he did not respond to nor return calls made to him.

Mr. Ugwuegbulam had earlier in a telephone interview denied reports that the police were present when the four students were brutalized and burnt to death on Friday. He said the police were investigating the crime and had made thirteen arrests.
[/b]
Re: Breaking News:houses, Cars Burnt In Aluu As Authorities Shut Down Uniport! by Chanchit: 3:51am On Oct 10, 2012
They must all have lost their minds when they were lynching 4 university boys, cos I don't know if they xpect that to just pass by as if nothing happened. I know henceforth in that community, that is if it still stands, after this trial, thiefs would be seen as dignitaries.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:houses, Cars Burnt In Aluu As Authorities Shut Down Uniport! by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:16am On Oct 10, 2012
If this happened in south-west,the community would have turned to butcher ground.

Aluta Continua
Victoria Aserta

Let the natives pay,abscond the king and kill him with his chief.
Re: Breaking News:houses, Cars Burnt In Aluu As Authorities Shut Down Uniport! by tpia5: 7:46am On Oct 10, 2012
Chanchit: They must all have lost their minds when they were lynching 4 university boys, cos I don't know they xpect that to just pass by as if nothing happened. .

Yes, seems they were expecting it to be business as usual, after the killings.

This despite the fact that they were being openly filmed.

And since when does nigerian police hover somewhere with helicopters? Wish they'd brought out the helicopters when those boys were being lynched?
Re: Breaking News:houses, Cars Burnt In Aluu As Authorities Shut Down Uniport! by slimming: 8:21am On Oct 10, 2012
They should pay for standing by and consenting to the killing of the 4.
Re: Breaking News:houses, Cars Burnt In Aluu As Authorities Shut Down Uniport! by Caseless: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2012
Aluta continua...victoria ascerta! I wish i'm in ph to support the students in anihilating that cursed community called aalu. Somebody should please tell the students that, they should not invade the community in an unorganised manner like the market women cos if their attempt failed, it will bounce right back at them. Ofcourse, they know their slained colleagues i heard, were also killed as a result of a failed attempt to lynch a cult don or their debtor. I wish them(students) luck in their quest to turn or send aalu into extinction...we're with u in prayers! Dont spare anything in that community..both mobile and immobile. Infact, destroy any house of worship u see cos i heard some people went for thanksgiving after the appalling human-burnfire and berbeque carriedout in that community.
Re: Breaking News:houses, Cars Burnt In Aluu As Authorities Shut Down Uniport! by comradeoscar(m): 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
All of us in UNIBEN ar wit u (uniport students) to avenge d gruesome anihiliation of ur colleagues. 4 dat bloody community 2 have lukd d other way y pple children wia being killed lyk rats makes it guilty lk doz who did d actual killing. Pls roll dat comunity down d next valley. dey wil learn dia lesson in dia next world. God wil punish d Nig police force 4 dia ineficiency! As 4 d perpetrators, lt dem b tried in a jiffy lt dem b burnt 2 death wit dia families. wht a wicked generation!
Re: Breaking News:houses, Cars Burnt In Aluu As Authorities Shut Down Uniport! by flowkey(m): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
Aluu people get luck!‎​Ɲ‎​☺° be my guys arnesty (nigeria dat side for don suffer_)

(1) (Reply)

He Slept With A Minor! But Claimed He Is Not Responsible For The Pregnancy / Graphic Photos: Kidnapped 4-year Old Girl Found Dead On The 2nd Day In Bauchi / The Stories Of Nigerian Women Forced Into Prostitution In Italy In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.