Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Nigeria Should Have A Career College For Entertainment. True/false? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Should Have A Career College For Entertainment. True/false? (1267 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / Dropout Forges Phd, Teaches In Engineering College For 3 Yrs Before Getting Jail / Why You Should Pick A Career And Study In Harvard University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Should Have A Career College For Entertainment. True/false? by Geetoylaz(f): 9:47pm On Jan 20, 2008
Hi Nairalanders,

well as we all know, entertainment is growing big in the nigerian industry, though some are flops, we are still recognised for making millions of movies per year in our country.

Nigeria is a huge country in which we have a lot of space to make new investments, business and of more types of entertainment.

when i sit down in my living room, and watch NTA via sattelite, i compare its poor quality or station to that of CBC , global and CNN. Now, i'm not trying to diss or critisize our channels but instead bringing a suggestion that you and me can help make possible.

Nigeria focuses on major careers like :Doctor, lawyer, engeneering or accountancy , its almost like, if you arent taking one of thos in the university, you aint doing nothing.

Life has changed a lot now. America for example, the major soucre of thier economy now is entertainment, and they have sooo many genres and types of entertainment (show,saops,movies) , that the entertainers are now more than the audiences,viewers.

My point we nigeria should expand careers into different aspects. I mean, not everyone wants to be a lawyer, engineer, blah blah blah, even though the money good. people nowadays, want to pursue more intresting careers, be thier own boss, and make thier creat thier own investment, in mycase, Industry.

Here is a secret that some of us might know and some of us might not, but the truth is, Hollywood is Out of story lines!after making movies since late 1800's (silent era). I've been a movie fan since i can remeber, and i watch all types of movies, hollywood, bollywood, Kmovies (korea) e.t.c so i'd say, this is the time for us to stand up and push our creativity a liltle futher.

Nigeria should add more career opportunity to the nation, more careers cause more job openings, more job openings brings more income, more income makes a better economy. (Lagos economy is approximatly less than a dollar a week). there nairalanders, my sugestion today is based in the entertaiment aspect. WE SHOULD BUILD A CAREER COLLEGE, A FILM SCHOOL, that offers other career courses like acting, animation, film production, fashion and interio deco, , e.t.c. now, this is not theartre arts. thertre arts focuses more on theory and stage acting including musical thertre, its more like pefprming on stage and exxagerating your state of mind. its something basically meant for the white cause they have a long histry of stage performances. italy for example used to have a kind of stage performance called "commedia de larte" where the cast exxagerat thier character. (its preety boring) too artistic

meanwhile, acting for film, is the new generation of entertaiment. its strictly camera, and more realistic, its discorvering your self and unlike thertre, you MUS'NT exxagerate anyting, the essencial component of acting is "truth of reality" its like responding to life on camera, just as we do in the real world. also, acting requires maximum technology in all sides. and thats what i'm trying to introduce all of us to. i'm sure some of us already know. just felt it might be impossible to creat ours .

By building a film technolgy & design school, we can make way better movies, and movie bugets, produce better directoos, actors and entertainment as a whole. incase ya'll dont know, entertainment and fashion works hand in hand. we can make our studious, tv channels, our own quality cartoon. above all , we add more genres to our movie, drama, epic, politics and fake action is all we have as at now.

If we trying doing this, i mean if people go to school and learn the skill behind acting. we'll be amazed by the amount of talents we have in the country, and this will attract other neihbouring countries, there fore, we wouldnt be selling our movies amongs our selfs. it wil be across the whole continent and eventually europe. it will be made afordable for the comon man so as to block piracy. Just 2 days ago, i saw a guys post, asking where he can study video production. i wish him luck, and i'm sure there are countless others who have a career in mind but its not made available in the country, and some cant even afford to live the country, my point is, its time to start creating our own, bringing more technolory into our entertaiment, and expnading career opprtunity, we have the space for it, why not DO it??

If you think this wilL be a good idea, send a short note supporting this idea and why you think it will help. post it here and send a same copy to my personal email. silat.lasisi@my.iadt.ca. What i'm gonna do is mail as many of your suggestions as possible to major companies in nigeria that might. CHEVRON, NNPC, SHELL, or any huge comapny that might be intrested to have share or even be the founder of the "first film technology school " in nigeria.

visit www.iaod.com and see the example of what i'm suggest we create.

my name is gbemi
20 yrs old
toronto,canad
thnaks for reading.

ps. if u have any suggest for/against this idea, pls fell free to post your objection also, provide a reasonble argument to back it hope so we can all sort it out.

(1) (Reply)

Maternity Leave And Lateness Issue: An Urgent Help Pls / Cat Vs. Aat / Tution Free Universities In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.