Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. (1442 Views)

For The First Time, Hackers Have Used A Refrigerator To Attack Businesses / Do You Have Used Zain (airtel) Usb Internet Modem For Sale? I Need It Urgently. / Pls Read This How To Use 2500 Naira Card To Brows For Six Mouth Use Network Mtn Zain Eti For More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by osamedia(m): 11:29am On Oct 10, 2012
This was the reasons why i was scared of this MTN Wifi, am in a pain now, this MTN people told me that the MTN MIFI can connect up to 5systems,both laptop and desktop, and i made it clear that i am using it for like 5 desktop and they said its would, and that once i have install the MIFI modern to the 5 systems, then the one that the MIFI is will be the server, now, i have done it, i connect the server and its connects, but i tried to connect the rest, for were, i was wondering what could have happened, i tried and tried so much, and by this time its was already and the MTN office would have been closed by then, So i had to call a technician who revealed that there is no way WIFI can connect to desktop, because desktop doesn't have WIFI enabled, and that its was only Laptops that can connect to that WIFI, and offwhich i connected easily with my laptop, Now my problem is that, this money that i have spent for this MTN MIFI-N21,000 is waiste, Because its cannot connect the desktop and this their worker didn't tell me that its doesn't connect to destop, and right now, some computer technicians are telling me to Buy Wireless card installed to each of those 5systems, before its can be able to receive that MIFI, and this wireless card is N4000, each.... I can't afford to spend another extral 20k+21k to make it 41k,all in the name of making my systems broswe..... I don't know what to do next.... any help.
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 10, 2012
There is nothing you can do unless you buy the wireless card. But why did you waste a whole 21k for that mifi device just to share your network? when you can easily do it with a free software. Yes! That's what I'm using.
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by tessyade: 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2012
@op i think you fell for MTN's marketing 'sweet-mouth.' I've learnt never to trust any promo from MTN except i confirm what they say is true from those who've really tried it. Solution: get the cards if you must connect those systems.
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by osamedia(m): 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2012
Well its was so sad, I paid them 21k for MIFI, but when i got back at them to tell them why did they deceive me to buy the MIfi, and that i dont need it because its for laptop and that i need my refund back, they said its wasn't possible say i don buy ham, i don buy ham be dat, they can't do anything and beside i have already activated and started using the first free 3gig browsing....with so much arguement and shouting, I have to move ahead, Re enforce, and come back, to start the war, But at the end of the day, They gave me N13,000 and they took the MIFI back, Now i loose N8000 freely to them, what could i have done?, IF we start to they scatter there now, Before you know, Person go go see himself for Oko. Naim mine maintain jeje collect the N13,000 and inside the 13k, I come still buy beer for men like 2k......Una see wetin MTN use me do?
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by Wilfem(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2012
@Poster, I don't see any wrong done to you by the MTN. For them to have convinced you that it can serve up to 5 systems, be it a Desktop or a Laptop is none of theirs. I'm sure they'll assume you already have the Wireless card installed on the Desktop computers .
So I think the problem was from your inexperience. Before a Desktop can make use of any Wireless function, a wireless card, which includes a USB receiver will have to be installed first. Unlike most Laptops that already have the WLAN features pre-installed.
You'll have to get the Wireless cards installed on those systems before you can make use of that MTN MIfI.
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by osamedia(m): 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2012
Wilfem: @Poster, I don't see any wrong done to you by the MTN. For them to have convinced you that it can serve up to 5 systems, be it a Desktop or a Laptop is none of theirs. I'm sure they'll assume you already have the Wireless card installed on the Desktop computers .
So I think the problem was from your inexperience. Before a Desktop can make use of any Wireless function, a wireless card, which includes a USB receiver will have to be installed first. Unlike most Laptops that already have the WLAN features pre-installed.
You'll have to get the Wireless cards installed on those systems before you can make use of that MTN MIfI.

Then tell me, how many destop have you ever bought that has inbuilt Wireless card? abeg go sleep jor, I don already fight the fight finish,
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by bloglover(m): 10:56am On Oct 13, 2012
Get the wireless card for the five desktops of buy five laptops so as nt to waste ur 25k...just kiddin. Bt is there no way u can connect it thru LAN? Just a suggestion
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by ekoboy: 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
buy a usb wireless receiver and plug to you desktop. its as easy as that. cost about 3k
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by osamedia(m): 8:31am On Oct 14, 2012
Thanks ya all, Well what i did, was the free 3gig data suscriptions they gave me in return of the 8k they deducted from my 21k, the 13k they refunded back to me, i used it to hire some engineers, even network 8 desktop systems with lans, I bought Switch, and lans cable of like 70yards, sharing the 3gig, so far i have been enjoying the cafe, But i am thinking of using either Glo,visa or starcomms, becos sometimes he go enter mtn head, the network go dey speed and before you know it, Customers will not want to buy more time, so i want to use network that will be moderate, Shey una code?
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by adetwin(m): 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2012
@ Osamedia why did u fall ur hand urself but sm months ago we talked on phone but ur last reply was U dey talk with ur DAD that u will get bak to me thts a by gone ....... U can use tht MIFI to connect ur desktop what u need is just a TP LINK WIRELESS SWITCH THAT AV 6 LAN PORTS . Contact ADETWIN IT SUPPORT for better solutions for setting up a condusive CYBER CAFE @ a rest of mind
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by mavtrevor(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2012
You really dont have any choice here you should've known that WIFI means wireless network and except yur desktops have wireless cards you can use them, mtn didn't 'guy' cos they could've imagined yu knew what yu were saying...so you just have to get the wireless cards or look for who will buy your mifi
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by bloglover(m): 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2012
osamedia: Thanks ya all, Well what i did, was the free 3gig data suscriptions they gave me in return of the 8k they deducted from my 21k, the 13k they refunded back to me, i used it to hire some engineers, even network 8 desktop systems with lans, I bought Switch, and lans cable of like 70yards, sharing the 3gig, so far i have been enjoying the cafe, But i am thinking of using either Glo,visa or starcomms, becos sometimes he go enter mtn head, the network go dey speed and before you know it, Customers will not want to buy more time, so i want to use network that will be moderate, Shey una code?
shebi i tell u say im go work
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by osamedia(m): 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2012
bloglover: shebi i tell u say im go work

wetin u tell me? abeg put me down oooo
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by bloglover(m): 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
osamedia:

wetin u tell me? abeg put me down oooo
lol...4 ya mind shey?
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by osamedia(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2012
bloglover: lol...4 ya mind shey?

My brother i Rugged them finish
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by bloglover(m): 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
osamedia:

My brother i Rugged them finish
lolzzzzz....them deserve am sha

1 Like

Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by benzion72(m): 5:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
I just they laugh. Na real osamudia solution, Come wetin you they teach for computer school. If you no know say MIFI works with WIFI wireless network
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by osamedia(m): 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
benzion72: I just they laugh. Na real osamudia solution, Come wetin you they teach for computer school. If you no know say MIFI works with WIFI wireless network

Mr Man, How MIFI take concern wetin i dey teach my students? na how to build website, graphic design, cartoon development and bulksms non be how to connect to internet okay........
Re: Mtn Have Used Their Sweet Mouth To Guy Me. by bloglover(m): 8:31am On Oct 23, 2012
Lolz...dis is getting really interesting.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Recover Deleted Videos From A Camcorder?? / Downloading Yahoo Messenger Problems With Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Gt-p7500 / Lenovo Thinkpad X240 4th Gen Intel Core I5 4gb Ram 500gb Hard Drive Forsale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.