Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,316 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

Domineering in laws/relatives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domineering in laws/relatives (1218 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domineering in laws/relatives by babzace(m): 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
I was at a friends house this morning. An uncle of their's came to visit and the youngest child who was 8 was sent by her mum to get her uncle water. On her way back, tripped and spilled the water. Suddenly the uncle started beating her and calling her stupid, spoilt and careless. Worst of all was that all these happened when my friends dad was sitting there. When he asked his inlaw to stop his wife brought down hell saying he was spoiling the children and they deserve adequate purnishment. It was awkward and tense. Seriously people is this right?
Re: Domineering in laws/relatives by 234GT(m): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
It is absolutely wrong. Apart from my wife or their teachers, no one can beat my children for any reason.
Re: Domineering in laws/relatives by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2012
@Poster, the reason such things happen is because these people let it. No one can come into your own house to insult you or your family unless you let them. This is true everywhere on the planet you find yourself. So maybe you should instead ask your friend why he/she allows it. I mean that man(uncle) must have been given so much allowance for him to go as far as to beat the child in front of the parents.
Re: Domineering in laws/relatives by babzace(m): 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, the reason such things happen is because these people let it. No one can come into your own house to insult you or your family unless you let them. This is true everywhere on the planet you find yourself. So maybe you should instead ask your friend why he/she allows it. I mean that man(uncle) must have been given so much allowance for him to go as far as to beat the child in front of the parents.
beating the child in the parent's presence is one thing. The most amazing thing was when the woman shouted her husband down because he told her brother that the beating was enough
Re: Domineering in laws/relatives by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
How annoying. Of course it's absolutely wrong for the uncle to beat the child when the parents are there. Even if the wife told the uncle he could beat the girl at will, he should have respected the father's presence.

That being said it is also absolutely wrong to beat the girl for spilling water on the floor. Do Nigerians ever stop to think about what the heck they're doing? Have none of the adults ever spilled something by accident in their adult lives? How would they like a hot slap the next time that happened? Fecking angry abusive hypocrites.
Re: Domineering in laws/relatives by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Oct 10, 2012
babzace: beating the child in the parent's presence is one thing. The most amazing thing was when the woman shouted her husband down because he told her brother that the beating was enough
I suspect this particular issue started long before the beating you witnessed.
Re: Domineering in laws/relatives by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
this is just wrong on so many levels - how a relative can come into my home and beat my child is beyond me.

beating an 8 year old for spilling water - i smell jealousy or bad belle there.

When will the violence and abuse stop - this same uncle will sit in the front of church on sunday
Re: Domineering in laws/relatives by greatgod2012(f): 12:45am On Oct 11, 2012
;(this is child abuse,how can an 8yrs old child be beaten just just 4 spilling water on d fllor? Na wa o too much violence in nigeria, as 4 d relative/uncle, i just pray he is not from Aluu community.
Re: Domineering in laws/relatives by Johndoe100(m): 3:02am On Oct 11, 2012
Weak men everywhere. Why would an in law beat a child? A pair of balls is a requirement in marriage.
Re: Domineering in laws/relatives by babzace(m): 5:20am On Oct 11, 2012
Kobojunkie: I suspect this particular issue started long before the beating you witnessed.
yes, with the way it played out, it just could not be the first time.
Re: Domineering in laws/relatives by chic2pimp(m): 10:56pm On Oct 14, 2012
ileobatojo: How annoying. Of course it's absolutely wrong for the uncle to beat the child when the parents are there. Even if the wife told the uncle he could beat the girl at will, he should have respected the father's presence.

That being said it is also absolutely wrong to beat the girl for spilling water on the floor. Do Nigerians ever stop to think about what the heck they're doing? Have none of the adults ever spilled something by accident in their adult lives? How would they like a hot slap the next time that happened? Fecking angry abusive hypocrites.

As someone rightly said, Nigerians are bullies by nature.

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Mother Would Do This To Her Child? / Too Much Money: Meet The Nigerian Man That Buried his Mother in a Hummer Jeep / Help I Broke My Family Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.