Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:42 PM

Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? (6559 Views)

...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by 1ndidi2(f): 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2012
I picked some ideas from a discussion on wedding expenses and came up with this:

First we would stock up the house with enough foodstuffs,appliances and all the necessary material things to start a home(good food/entertainment is part of honey moon)

Then with the immediate family members alone we do a little get-to-gether in the sitting room for the traditional rites.

On a sunday morning we go to church as normal with very few guests- d IV card would read(wedding/thanksgiving/lunch...) So after the mass proper we give thanksgiving,then we proceed to a mr.biggs or something and order up food/drink for the 'very few 'guests.
All the guests have to be in church and we all proceed together to the venue! Maybe I won't disclose the venue for the lunch so that quarter of the guests won't be @church and one half would be @the 'mr biggs' already(probably ordering up)!

I guess who didn't come to church may miss out!

What do you think?X_X

1 Like

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by Lacuzy: 7:29am On Oct 11, 2012
very ok as long as its wat u want

1 Like

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by omiobo: 10:09am On Oct 11, 2012
We are on the same side, I can't spend much on wedding and be hungry throughout my honey star.grin

2 Likes

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by adora4u1: 10:13am On Oct 11, 2012
Splendid idea! A Marriage is more important than a wedding!
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by jigawatts(m): 10:14am On Oct 11, 2012
@OP: its very okay, as long as ur patner is okay with it

As for me, a very little introduction(sitting-room stuff) and Nikkai (Islamic Marriage) in the mosque will seal it for me, Nothing more, after the Nikkai in the mosque, just few foodstuffs will be sealed and shared in the mosque, thats all, no partying, no noise-making, Cash gifts will be highly preferable. NO RECEPTION, NO DANCING, NO NOTHING, We'll do our RECEPTION and DANCING with ourselves later in the Night wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by yuzedo: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2012
My Wedding:

1. Less than 50 guests.
2. Reception in my compound.
3. Sliced Bread & Stew + Coke (2 to 1 bottle)
4. Honeymoon in one of the rooms of my brother's mansion.

Budget?
1. 10 loaves of Butterfield Bread + Two Crates of Coke = N4500
2. Reception Venue = Free
3. Honeymoon = Free

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by soreal4u(f): 10:16am On Oct 11, 2012
Its ok 4 me. After all whn u finish ur husband money n preparing heaven on earth,no one would gv u half of what u spent as gift.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by Super1759: 10:26am On Oct 11, 2012
It is silly to spend millions for wedding in this present dispensation, when Nigeria is cracking down economically.
You can use cassava bread if matter is worse,if you don't want go do your own naaa.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by xtremeidea(m): 10:28am On Oct 11, 2012
[size=28pt]LOL[/size]
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by animari(f): 10:31am On Oct 11, 2012
It sounds lovely- as long as you are happy it will be great

1 Like

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by jigawatts(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2012
Super1759: It is silly to spend millions for wedding in this present dispensation, when Nigeria is cracking down economically.
You can use cassava bread if matter is worse,if you don't want go do your own naaa.

Are u insinuating that Bros J and Madam P used CASSAVA BREAD for their wedding grin grin grin grin
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by fulfillment2020(m): 10:35am On Oct 11, 2012
jigawatts: @OP: its very okay, as long as ur patner is okay with it

As for me, a very little introduction(sitting-room stuff) and Nikkai (Islamic Marriage) in the mosque will seal it for me, Nothing more, after the Nikkai in the mosque, just few foodstuffs will be sealed and shared in the mosque, thats all, no partying, no noise-making, Cash gifts will be highly preferable. NO RECEPTION, NO DANCING, NO NOTHING, We'll do our RECEPTION and DANCING with ourselves later in the Night wink wink

Badt guy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by pendusky(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2012
Nlers are neva serious people...i wished seun create a board that people subscribe at least $10 a month to view and comment on it! Atleast for serious people!!

Anyway i blame etisalat and airtel for the free mb...

1 Like

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2012
Nice plan but you might also wanna issue a pass, meal ticket or order card to your select guests in church so they can use at the restaurant.

In these days of social media, the venue may become someone's status message or bbm broadcast in a matter of minutes
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by Super1759: 10:47am On Oct 11, 2012
jigawatts:

Are u insinuating that Bros J and Madam P used CASSAVA BREAD for their wedding grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin na you know oooo. No be me talk
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by Odinaka00(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2012
pendusky: Nlers are neva serious people...i wished seun create a board that people subscribe at least $10 a month to view and comment on it! Atleast for serious people!!

Hahahahahahahahaha dude U̶̲̥̅̊ got ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ on Ŧħåϯ one o.....I'm laughing like a crazy mauphuker in my office nw lol
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by jumyscrib: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2012
winkAs long as ur happy ur on point. Go ahead
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by ednut1(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2012
dis is d kind of tin i want, but my mum will never allow, we went for a weddin in ilorin last month, hall 1m, caterer 2.5m, oda expenses dont knw, 8 cows from wednesday to saturday, govnor came chief iman came, i was jst der smh. Wat wastage, my own mum aand her friends are into opressin each oda

1 Like

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by slimming: 11:06am On Oct 11, 2012
Ok, do what you can afford is better than running into debt to please friends and family.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by tonyx4x44(m): 11:07am On Oct 11, 2012
pendusky: Nlers are neva serious people...i wished seun create a board that people subscribe at least $10 a month to view and comment on it! Atleast for serious people!!

i hope serious people (robots) like you will go there and leave humans to share their views, serious or not! Mtcheew
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 11, 2012
Weddings and Child Dedication are things you should not hold back your spending. These are happy moments in a lifetime. If you do not spend on Weddings, do you prefer to spend on burials or memorials ? Common, if you must be married, be financially okay. And make sure you spend money on it. I hate conservatism when it comes to once in a lifetime event. Stop this misers mindset, we are not Londoners.

6 Likes

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by goofie: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2012
i think u shld get IVs for ur selected guests so dt u dont have crashers
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by Santi222(m): 11:43am On Oct 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Weddings and Child Dedication are things you should not hold back your spending. These are happy moments in a lifetime. If you do not spend on Weddings, do you prefer to spend on burials or memorials ? Common, if you must be married, be financially okay. And make sure you spend money on it. I hate conservatism when it comes to once in a lifetime event. Stop this misers mindset, we are not Londoners.
Well, its actually a once in a life time event but being financially okay does'nt mean you'll cut off your head for people!! Are weddings of 10 million naira budget any better than those of 200K? Does the success of one's marriage depend on the cost of the wedding? Times are changing, and people with it. You have to realise this.

12 Likes

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by 9free(m): 11:56am On Oct 11, 2012
yuzedo: My Wedding:

1. Less than 50 guests.

Budget?
3. Honeymoon = Free

If to sey you be girl, I for send u PM cos this is my exact plan. grin
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by LaParisienne(f): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2012
Santi222:
Well, its actually a once in a life time event but being financially okay does'nt mean you'll cut off your head for people!! Are weddings of 10 million naira budget any better than those of 200K? Does the success of one's marriage depend on the cost of the wedding? Times are changing, and people with it. You have to realise this.

Go ahead and be cheap if you want to, but stop putting down others who can afford to have a classy wedding. Really, comparing a 10 million naira wedding to a 200,000 naira wedding? You must be from Mars.

1ndidi2:
What do you think?

There's a fine line between being frugal and being cheap. I think you are cheap. But that's just me.
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by critic(m): 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Weddings and Child Dedication are things you should not hold back your spending. These are happy moments in a lifetime. If you do not spend on Weddings, do you prefer to spend on burials or memorials ? Common, if you must be married, be financially okay. And make sure you spend money on it. I hate conservatism when it comes to once in a lifetime event. Stop this misers mindset, we are not Londoners.

so because it s a once in a lifetime event, we should paint d whole town red abi? its lot wiser to invest in d marriage, not in d wedding. people aren't smiling anymore! angry
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by goofie: 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2012

it shld be done according to their pockets. u cant say that because dey dont have d cash 4 a lavish wedding,they shldnt wed.

i dont subscribe to borrowing 4 a wedding. my cousins wedding was a court wedding followed by a parlour party. and its one of the best weddings i attended.

if the marriage falls apart, no one will remember d big wedding.or dey would but in a sarcastic way
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by slimyem: 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
yuzedo: My Wedding:

1. Less than 50 guests.

Budget?
3. Honeymoon = Free

you are crazy...!!
Lol@bread and stew and 2 people to one bottle of coke...
Haba!!
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by slimyem: 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
La Parisienne:
There's a fine line between being frugal and being cheap. I think you are cheap. But that's just me.
Very nicely said!!!
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
This poster just wan marry sha. cheesy

See wants to become a 'married woman' by all means necessary grin
Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by bknight: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
I believe in giving the few guest a worthwhile treatment at my wedding. I like quality, so I could have less than 50 folks but with flowing collector's wines and damn expensive wedding...I'm particular abt d number of guests...the rest will hear abt it and wish they were there.

1 Like

Re: Is This Okay For A Moderate Wedding? by Profidada: 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2012
What borders me most is this issue of honey moon. You see a couple during wedding only for them to disappear into tin air with their cell phones switched off all in the name of honey moon. Some find themselves in hotel fucking without telling anyone their location. What if something strange happens where will the necessary assistance come from.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Carrier Bags, Jotters And Other Gift Items For Your Weddings And Other Events / Budget Event Decoration Call 08171542705 / Happy Birthday Orijin101

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.