Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,415 members, 7,850,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:11 PM

What are the biggest challenges to getting a job in the current market? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What are the biggest challenges to getting a job in the current market? (895 Views)

How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria / The Biggest Mistake I See On Resumes - Google Head Of HR / What Are The Biggest Challenges Threathening The Project Schedule Baseline? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What are the biggest challenges to getting a job in the current market? by wisevik: 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
Hi all,

Can anyone assist me with identifying the biggest challenges to getting a job today in the current market. If unlike me, you already have a job, how was the process and if you had to apply in today's market, what would you do differently? Thank you.
Re: What are the biggest challenges to getting a job in the current market? by oweilah: 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
Am also having dis kind of idea bt am stil confused of wat n wat 2 do, Coz nw it hard 2 get job.
Re: What are the biggest challenges to getting a job in the current market? by Mustay(m): 8:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
I'm sorry but if you don't know what you want to give out, how do you know what is wanted?

Methinks, you ought to have an idea of what you want to offer (as you're obviously not Mr. Jack) then conduct a 'feasibility sudy' as per the Nigerian career market.

There are so many courses spread across different fields, so, you have to streamline.
Re: What are the biggest challenges to getting a job in the current market? by wisevik: 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mustay: I'm sorry but if you don't know what you want to give out, how do you know what is wanted?

Methinks, you ought to have an idea of what you want to offer (as you're obviously not Mr. Jack) then conduct a 'feasibility sudy' as per the Nigerian career market.

There are so many courses spread across different fields, so, you have to streamline.

Thanks for commenting. I think it's the other way round as I don't think there is any need in providing particular training unless there is a demand for it. Hence, my original question.
Re: What are the biggest challenges to getting a job in the current market? by wisevik: 10:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
oweilah: Am also having dis kind of idea bt am stil confused of wat n wat 2 do, Coz nw it hard 2 get job.

So, what sort of training do you think you require? Have you applied for jobs, did you get any feedback?
Re: What are the biggest challenges to getting a job in the current market? by Mustay(m): 12:06pm On Oct 12, 2012

(1) (Reply)

First Day At Work / Medicine Vs Nursing / Skye Bank Or Ecobank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.