Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,059 members, 7,838,692 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Eagles Camp Bubbles As Pros Fly In - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Camp Bubbles As Pros Fly In (583 Views)

Photos Of Vincent Enyeama Leaving Super Eagles Camp / Eagles Camp Bubbles Ahead Of Uganda Clash / Eagles' Camp Bubbles For Sudan Clash. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eagles Camp Bubbles As Pros Fly In by manuch(m): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2012
Ten foreign professionals have now joined the Super Eagles at the Metropolitan Hotel in Calabar for Saturday’s AFCON qualifier against Liberia. The 10 foreign-based players who joined the seven players from the Nigeria Premier League inlude; Austin Ejide, Vincent Enyeama, Nosa Igiebor, Ikechukwu Uche, Elderson Echejile, Ahmed Musa, Obiora Nwankwo, Efe Ambrose and Brown Ideye.

Also in are three exciting youngsters, Ogenyi Onazi of Lazio, Inter Milan’s Joel Obi and Chelsea new boy, Victor Moses, whose girlfriend recently put to bed a bouncing baby boy in London. Three other professional players are expected to come on time yesterday before dinner so that they would participate in the morning and evening trainings today. There is a relaxed atmosphere in the training camp with Coach Stephen Keshi taking on Victor Moses over his newly born son.

“Does the boy look like you or like the mother”? Keshi pressed on, and Moses replied, “Coach, he looks pretty much like me,” and the dining hall erupted in laughter. In the meantime, Eagles’ goalkeeper trainer, Ike Shorunmu, was excited yesterday morning when the team had their second training at the UJ Esuene Stadium in Calabar. At the time of the session, Shorunmu was the only technical crew member that had his team of three goalkeepers complete, as Vincent Enyema,

Austin Ejide and Chigozie Agbim were already in town, rearing to go. He promptly seized the opportunity of the keepers’ early arrival to drill them. “I’m happy with the form of all the three keepers and I must say any of them could be in goal on Saturday with what I have seen so far. All they need is a little pep up from the public perception of them and we are already getting results even on that,” he said. Shorunmu called on Nigerians to always support the team and not to put the blame at the doorstep of only the goalkeepers
Re: Eagles Camp Bubbles As Pros Fly In by Syenite(m): 11:47pm On Oct 10, 2012
I am happy to see some of our top Europe based players in that Team. I still hope to see the likes of Taiye Taiwo, Emmanuel Emenike, Kalu Uche and John Obi Mikel. Osaze also could be reinvited in the near future. We need our full Arsenal to conquer Africa again. I am happy to see Joel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi,Nosa Igiebor and Obiora Nwankwo, more young players should be gradually inculcated.

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Is Chelsea's Unsung Hero, Says Di Matteo, Do You Agree, Or Not. / New Pidgin English Site By Supersport / World Number One Victoria Azarenka Loses To Li Na In A Tennis Exhibition Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.