Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,948 members, 7,848,839 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:57 AM

Diabetis; Help Me Out. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Diabetis; Help Me Out. (1285 Views)

The Okra Solution. They Say It Works For Diabetis. Does It ? / Is There A Cure For Diabetis Mellitus? / The Cure For Diabetis Is Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diabetis; Help Me Out. by freshope87: 9:47am On Jan 22, 2008
Pls to the Doctors in the house; I discovered that I was having diabetis late 2006 having lost enough weight. Though I had taken drugs as prescribed the a Dr. But recently, i discovered i unrinate more than 5 times a day. Pls what do i do? Does it mean i still have the stuff? Pls what kind of drug can i take? pls advise me .God bless you.
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by naijaking1: 10:55am On Jan 22, 2008
If you had diabetes last year, the chances are you still have it today.

Diabetes is not a disease you can 'just cure'

However, you can manage it successfully with diet, excersie, and medications. This combination or some of it usually lasts a life time.

I have managed patients as old as 97 years old who has had diabetes all their life, so it's not a death sentence at all, but education is very important.

You should also be under the care of an MD, to teach you how to check your sugar by yourself, educate you further on diet and excersise. Good luck
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by freshope87: 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2008
Thanks for your quick response.But how about the constant unrine? I notice that most when ever i take tea with little sugar, because i use mostly honey. So what do i do? how can i manager or control my sugar level myself? God bles you.
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by ndubest(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2008
As naijaking pointed out

you dont need to be scared at all

many people you see around have their own problems especially diabetes and hypertension

First visit your doctor

then see a dietian to tell you the kind of food you will be eating and in what quantity

the actual problem with us here is that most of our meals are carbohydrates which ultimately elevates the glucose level that causes frequent urination,

thirst and tendcy to consume alot

the aim of the whole diabetes management strategy is to reduce the glucose level in your system

Exercise, depending on the state of your heart may be vital in this management process, Quantity of Glucose containing diet you take is also vital and

then finally drugs if the above two cannot comfortably control the Glucose level in your system

so you need professional advice is you are starting the management

Good luck, its nothing to scare you
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by naijaking1: 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2008
I concur with Ndubest.

Frequent urination could be caused by caffeine-containing compunds like tea, coffee, and even alcohol, but with your diabetes, it's likely that your frequent urination may also be due to high sugar level in your blood.

Again, if you're a male over 40, your prostate could be another factor in frequent urination. There are other causes of frequent urination, but I think the first ones I listed may apply to you more.

How to control it?

You need the help of a doctor, you need to cut down on how much you eat at night, and don't eat too late, so that you don't wake up many times to urinate, and avoid those things like tea or alcohol.
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by tundysho(m): 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2008
How do one prevent catching diabetics in the first place.

Could intake of plenty sweet things lead to diabetes--NAIJAKING and NDUBEST PLS respond
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by Pappyjesby(m): 1:46am On Jan 23, 2008
When you urinate too much, or you feel thirsty unnecessarily, incessant weakness sets in, all these symptoms are pointing to the fact that you may be having excess sugar in your blood. In that case I will advise you to go and see your Doctor straightaway to conduct tests so as to confirm if you have it. And if you have it which type do you have and how can your case be managed? You may need to see your doctor as soon as possible because of the peculiarity of your case.
You can as well visit the website below, you will surely find one or two pieces of professional advise that can do you good.

http://wwwdiabetessolvetips.blospot.com/
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by naijaking1: 11:59am On Jan 23, 2008
tundysho:

Could intake of plenty sweet things lead to diabetes--NAIJAKING and NDUBEST PLS respond

Inheriting or catching diabetes is more complex than just eating food high in sugar.

Genetics plays a big role, genetic mutation while in the uterus has been postulated, while infection and loss of pancreatic tissues also has a role in causing diabetes.

There're 2 types of diabetes or 3 types depending on how one looks at the disease.

The type 1 occurs in children, when type 2 occurs in adults after they gain lots of weight. Maintance of appropriate body weight is one way of preventing type 2 diabetes, but there not much you can do to prevent type 1.
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by ndubest(m): 12:05pm On Jan 23, 2008
tundysho:

Diabetes is not a disease that you "catch" as in, it is not infectious so no need to be afraid like that

However diabetes in most cases is hereditary ie it runs in the family and like most hereditary illnesses have three major factors

Predisposing factor
precipitating factor and
perpetuating factor

the predisposing factor is like the 'word', you are exposed to it by the virtue of your family lineage (but that doesnt mean that it must manifest during your life time)

Precipitating factor are the things you do that makes it manifest out ie like your life style or situation you may find yourself in and this is what concerns you at the moment because these are the things you can control, like excess alcohol intake, excessive use of simple sugar etc

perpetuating factor is what makes the condition worsens when it has finally manifested

Here in nigeria we do not have alot of our medical history in tact, so you cannot for say for sure that it is not in your lineage because you do not know what your great grand father suffered about 100yrs ago

In addition to that as I pointed out earlier, even if your father is diabetic, the gene may be recessive in you meaning that if you live a healthy life style, the likelihood of it manifesting is minimal

therefore the best way is to live healthy life style in order not to precipitate the disease condition in event you are predispose by hereditary

I hope this gives you an insight into the condition

cheers
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by naijaking1: 12:01am On Jan 24, 2008
@Ndubest
thanks for erudite imput.

@poster
you now have enough information about your conditio. Good luck.
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by freshope87: 11:17am On Jan 25, 2008
Thamks so much for all your responses, particularly NDUBEST.Pls can we establish a good contact on my e mail freshope87@yahoo.com for a detail chart.pls i wait your response.God bless you.08037726593
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by ndubest(m): 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2008
freshope87:

Thamks so much for all your responses, particularly NDUBEST.Please can we establish a good contact on my e mail freshope87@yahoo.com for a detail chart.please i wait your response.God bless you.08037726593
U re welcome
mail me on ndubest247@yahoo.com if u need further clarifications
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by deeteeneey(f): 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2008
Pls wat are d symptons of diabetis?tanx
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by ndubest(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2008
deeteeneey:

Please what are d symptons of diabetis?thanks

Early signs that will make someone to start thinking of taking a glucose(diabetes) test are

POLYDIPSIA ie excessive thirst
POLYOPHAGIA ie excessive eating or tendency to take glucose containing item (like an urge)
POLYURIA ie constant passing out of urine

However it is noteworthy to point out that people start getting unduely worried when they wake up like 5times at night to urinate
asking if they have diabetes

It may not be the case because in cold weathers like now
the water that you ordinarily pass out through the hair follicle on your skin as sweat do not come out because of the weather making it to accumulate in the system and for you to pass urine more often especially if you consume excessive fluid at night

so only constant urination at night shouldnt be cause of worry

but if it continues for a long time, like a week or two you may visit your doctor for medical check up

I hope i was able to answer your question
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by ndubest(m): 9:09am On Jan 28, 2008
In addition to what i have explained above, if you are already diabetic, your physcian will be able to tell you the likely symptoms you may manifest

depending on the type of diabetes you have and the stage it was discovered

Also because diabetes is an endocrine disorder it may come with so many complications if not properly managed and may affect all the organs of the body

so the earlier you go for medical check up when you start having the early signs, the better for you
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by deeteeneey(f): 6:41am On Jan 29, 2008
tanx so much.
Re: Diabetis; Help Me Out. by ndubest(m): 8:35am On Jan 29, 2008
deeteeneey:

thanks so much.
you are welcome

(1) (Reply)

Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison / Food Supplements / Massage!!!! Massage!!!! Massage!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.