Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Are Atheists Cowards? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Atheists Cowards? (993 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Atheists/agnostics Viewed So Vilely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Atheists Cowards? by tobechi20(m): 10:17am On Oct 13, 2012
Have u heard that atheist went to the islamic country giving their lectures thereby condeming Allah and prophet mohamed.

Why cant atheist go to aljezera TV and profes their non belief in God
and critisize islam as they do here?

Why hav they only chosen to use internets to spread their belief. Creating blogs and website and forums with false name thereby hiding their true identity.
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 13, 2012
Atheists aren't cowards. We are just resonable. We know there's no sky daddy that would save us from being butchered to death, so we try to enlighten people using the most modern way.
Besides why should I spend my money going to islamabad when I could spread the same message on the internet.

More importantly, if u are to call anyone a coward, it is definitely not an atheist.
Most atheists were brought up with religion u know. But it takes courage, real courage to go contrary to it, to humbly accept that every thing u believed in was a lie.

2 Likes

Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 13, 2012
undecided
Did I miss something? Was there a 'stupeedity' conference held recently?
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by 2good(m): 11:58am On Oct 13, 2012
tobechi20: Have u heard that atheist went to the islamic country giving their lectures thereby condeming Allah and prophet mohamed.

Why hav they only chosen to use internets to spread their belief. Creating blogs and website and forums with false name thereby hiding their true identity.
Why don't Christians go about preaching and insulting Islam in Iran and Parkistan?

1 Like

Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by engrtee(f): 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
Op, dat is suicide mission
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by F00028: 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
2good: Why don't Christians go about preaching and insulting Islam in Iran and Parkistan?

right or wrong, it has to do with having sincere faith in that which a person is propagating...having cahunas doesn't hurt either.

there are christian missionaries in those countries despite the risks...but atheist? maybe they are cowards.
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by 2good(m): 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
F00028:

right or wrong, it has to do with having sincere faith in that which a person is propagating...having cahunas doesn't hurt either.

there are christian missionaries in those countries despite the risks...but atheist? maybe they are cowards.
The so called Christians practice their faith in hiding. Atheist only get bothered when pest like you bore them with ancient folklore. They don't need to start a fight like religionists do. You sit in front of your computer typing nonsense. Why not pick your bags, travel to Parkistan and insult Allah the way you do in Nigeria.
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by F00028: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2012
2good: The so called Christians practice their faith in hiding.
directory of churches in iran:
http://www.farsinet.com/icc/iran.html

pakistan:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_churches_in_Pakistan

2good: Atheist only get bothered when pest like you bore them with ancient folklore. They don't need to start a fight like religionists do. You sit in front of your computer typing nonsense. Why not pick your bags, travel to Parkistan and insult Allah the way you do in Nigeria.

pure hogwash! they pick fights all the time.

your only real "advantage" is your ability to assault people's religious sensitivities.

and am not christian...and I NEVER insult Allah.
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Kay17: 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2012
And when they do evangelise, they are tagged religious!

See, tenacity in holding beliefs doesn't matter, the truth is the real value. One could be wrong and must always be able to recover.
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by plaetton: 2:54am On Oct 14, 2012
tobechi20: Have u heard that atheist went to the islamic country giving their lectures thereby condeming Allah and prophet mohamed.

Hey %#@,,
You just don't get it.
Atheists have absolutely nothing to profess. How can anyone go and profess a negative?
In this case, for what gain? To win converts for which imaginary god?

Truth always stands on its own.
Truth comes as a realisation.
Truth needs no embellishments and certainly no converts.
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by cyrexx: 4:59am On Oct 14, 2012
muskeeto2: undecided
Did I miss something? Was there a 'stupeedity' conference held recently?

plaetton:
Hey %#@,,
You just don't get it.
Atheists have absolutely nothing to profess. How can anyone go and profess a negative?
In this case, for what gain? To win converts for which imaginary god?
Truth always stands on its own.
Truth comes as a realisation.
Truth needs no embellishments and certainly no converts.

i stopped responding to posts from this tobechi guy a long time ago.

He is clearly an ignoramus and his posts are not worth any serious attention. Imagine one time he was asking if an atheist has ever witnessed a monkey in his backyard turning into a human being, refering to evolution.

He needs to get some basic education before he starts engaging in meaningful debates. Luckily for him, google and wikipedia charges no school fees.

1 Like

Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 14, 2012
Subscribing. . .
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Callotti: 7:05am On Oct 14, 2012
Mu he he he he he he he
The fear of Atheists is the beginning of Christian wisdom! grin
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2012
^^^Seriously, please do Atheists have some kinda bible that they read?
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by cyrexx: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2012
*dhtml:

Yes, we do. We read, study and understand the Holy Bible probably more than you and your pastors. The only difference is that we see it for what it truly is and not what is says it is. It is nothing more than the words of some smart ancient guys who would want you to believe you are reading the words of their imaginary god.
Shikena
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 14, 2012
cyrexx:

Yes, we do. We read, study and understand the Holy Bible probably more than you and your pastors. The only difference is that we see it for what it truly is and not what is says it is. It is nothing more than the words of some smart ancient guys who would want you to believe you are reading the words of their imaginary god.
Shikena
I agree with you by 99.99%, BUT i do believe that there is more than one GOD mentioned in the bible - there was a deceitful one masquerading as the Eternal Father (the Israelite God), and a real one (mentioned by Jesus - the Father of Jesus - that is the one i follow).
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by tobechi20(m): 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2012
inurmind: Atheists aren't cowards. We are just resonable. We know there's no sky daddy that would save us from being butchered to death, so we try to enlighten people using the most modern way.
Besides why should I spend my money going to islamabad when I could spread the same message on the internet.

More importantly, if u are to call anyone a coward, it is definitely not an atheist.
Most atheists were brought up with religion u know. But it takes courage, real courage to go contrary to it, to humbly accept that every thing u believed in was a lie.

not every one has access to internet. Y dont u visit such homes to corect persons of the falacy of religon?
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by tobechi20(m): 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2012
*dhtml:

they dont hav a particular book.they read every book but belive in no particula one. They only acept what makes sence to them
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2012
*dhtml:

I agree with you by 99.99%, BUT i do believe that there is more than one GOD mentioned in the bible - there was a deceitful one masquerading as the Eternal Father (the Israelite God), and a real one (mentioned by Jesus - the Father of Jesus - that is the one i follow).
Lol. You are funny.
Btw, is it possible to follow jesus but reject yhwh?
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by tobechi20(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2012
cyrexx:

i stopped responding to posts from this tobechi guy a long time ago.

He is clearly an ignoramus and his posts are not worth any serious attention. Imagine one time he was asking if an atheist has ever witnessed a monkey in his backyard turning into a human being, refering to evolution.

He needs to get some basic education before he starts engaging in meaningful debates. Luckily for him, google and wikipedia charges no school fees.

point of corection

i am not a debator, i

i askd dat question not becos i was interestd on any scientific explanation but to let u know that but christianity and atheism directly or indirectly have FAITH
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus: Lol. You are funny.
Btw, is it possible to follow jesus but reject yhwh?
Very very possible. Read my posts and read the bible well.
You will see that the God of the Israelites was cruel, wicked, jealous, murderere, tells them to steal, lies too. But the loving father Jesus describes was completely different. In fact, I believe that yahweh is the satani himself that deceives the whole world. Such is my belief.

But it seems that majority of xtians worship yahweh. So that is why there are 2 categories of xtian based on worship of yahweh.
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2012
tobechi20:

they dont hav a particular book.they read every book but belive in no particula one. They only acept what makes sence to them
But they are more realistic than some particular religionists (xtians, muslims,etc).
In fact many so-called pirated xtians are better off if they convert to atheism since they mostly practice fake religion.

We have fewer real xtians, majority are pirated. Many even worship idols in their backyard but claim to be xtians.
In fact, I used to know a very strong xtian who was also a babalawo.

Because of all these, I have dissociated myself in a way from religion. I see salvation through Jesus only and not through religion.
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2012
*dhtml:

Very very possible. Read my posts and read the bible well.
You will see that the God of the Israelites was cruel, wicked, jealous, murderere, tells them to steal, lies too. But the loving father Jesus describes was completely different. In fact, I believe that yahweh is the satani himself that deceives the whole world. Such is my belief.

But it seems that majority of xtians worship yahweh. So that is why there are 2 categories of xtian based on worship of yahweh.

What manual do you use as a guide, in this form of worship?
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus: What manual do you use as a guide, in this form of worship?
I was not aware until now that there was a manual for worship. Laughter don make me siddon for ground.
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by cyrexx: 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2012
*dhtml:

But they are more realistic than some particular religionists (xtians, muslims,etc).
In fact many so-called pirated xtians are better off if they convert to atheism since they mostly practice fake religion.

We have fewer real xtians, majority are pirated. Many even worship idols in their backyard but claim to be xtians.
In fact, I used to know a very strong xtian who was also a babalawo.

Because of all these, I have dissociated myself in a way from religion. I see salvation through Jesus only and not through religion.

My advice: dont waste your time with this guy. He probably wont understand the depth of what you are saying here.

*unfollows and exits this pointless thread*
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2012
cyrexx:

My advice: dont waste your time with this guy. He probably wont understand the depth of what you are saying here.

*unfollows and exits this pointless thread*
Interesting. . . .
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2012
*dhtml:

I was not aware until now that there was a manual for worship. Laughter don make me siddon for ground.
You dont have anything like a holy book(the bible, koran, torah)?
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2012
Reyginus: You dont have anything like a holy book(the bible, koran, torah)?
I have all of them. Except that, i did not know that was what you meant by "Worship Manual". You remind of my under-G (G here is graduate and not Garri) days when we are given laboratory manuals.
Jesus is the way brother. . . . .and not religion, not even the manuals sef in the real sense of the word. Read the manual, aye, but only Jesus ensures you no lost.
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2012
*dhtml:

I have all of them. Except that, i did not know that was what you meant by "Worship Manual". You remind of my under-G (G here is graduate and not Garri) days when we are given laboratory manuals.
Jesus is the way brother. . . . .and not religion, not even the manuals sef in the real sense of the word. Read the manual, aye, but only Jesus ensures you no lost.
Carry on. I just hope you dont become another buzugee.
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2012
^^^Funny. . . .a word is enough for the wise. I am no preacher, only answered a few questions with my limited knowlege. Thats all folks!
Re: Are Atheists Cowards? by UyiIredia(m): 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2012
Some atheists are cowards, some atheists are brave. Same with theists.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Christmas Day On The 25th December? / The Secret To Long Life! Uncovered By The Bible / The Unknown Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.