Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Fish Stew(Obe Eja) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fish Stew(Obe Eja) (2364 Views)

Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew / How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It / Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fish Stew(Obe Eja) by okooloyun1(m): 11:08am On Oct 13, 2012
There are many types of fishes used in preparing stew/soup in Nigerian homes like tilapia,catfish,sardine,titus,oobokun,sebalo,barracuda,mackerels etc. Fishes preferred in stew by Mr A might not go well for Mr B.
For me my favourite fish in stew is titus coz it goes well with alots of meals and it doesn't break up easily in stews and its bones can be chewed as well. I love catfish too but it's quite expensive for everyday meals. I hate tilapia fish coz of its too many small bones,especially when you are trying to enjoy some fish soup with white rice and here comes bones interrupting your enjoyment. My aunt husband dislike titus fish,his complains is that it has such a strong fishy smell that even after few hours of eating it people can still smell it on you and tell you what you just ate.
So,what fish do you like or hate in your stew and why?
Re: Fish Stew(Obe Eja) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
oko-oloyun:
There are many types of fishes used in preparing stew/soup in Nigerian homes like tilapia,catfish,sardine,titus,oobokun,sebalo,barracuda,mackerels etc. Fishes preferred in stew by Mr A might not go well for Mr B.
For me my favourite fish in stew is titus coz it goes well with alots of meals and it doesn't break up easily in stews and its bones can be chewed as well. I love catfish too but it's quite expensive for everyday meals. I hate tilapia fish coz of its too many small bones,especially when you are trying to enjoy some fish soup with white rice and here comes bones interrupting your enjoyment. My aunt husband dislike titus fish,his complains is that it has such a strong fishy smell that even after few hours of eating it people can still smell it on you and tell you what you just ate.
So,what fish do you like or hate in your stew and why?

i think u hav worked with Mama sherifat oloogun-ebi b4?

Lolz

2 Likes

Re: Fish Stew(Obe Eja) by okooloyun1(m): 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ask4bigneyo:

i think u hav worked with Mama sherifat oloogun-ebi b4?

Lolz
It's not mama sherifat na Iya basira.
Re: Fish Stew(Obe Eja) by Ariyke: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2012
i dont like Kote too much cus u neve can tell which one is the paki, if u ever come across this type i bet there is no different btw it and plank Bt i like the rest.
Re: Fish Stew(Obe Eja) by Rossikk(m): 10:12pm On Oct 15, 2012
cat fish
Re: Fish Stew(Obe Eja) by okooloyun1(m): 9:55am On Oct 16, 2012
Rossikk: cat fish
Luv catfish too but everyday no be xmas ooo.

(1) (Reply)

Children Going Back To School-what Do You Put In Their Lunch Pack? / PHOTOS: Insects Found Inside A Sealed Curry Powder / Caption This Meat That Was Pictured In A Get Together (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.