Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com (5326 Views)

Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com / New Igbo Words Being Formed On Igbodefender.com / The Igbos Of Bonny- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com by macof(m): 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
ladionline: Baba meta, salute. You know too much, you are right in the heart of the story on Awori/Dahomey. The one that first was, happened at inception, before the one of Yoruba civil war of 19th century. The old one gave us the saying 'ija olowu pelu olubadan koni pare lailai' It was said to have been caused by Osun, over Nkan, that Olowu promised river Osun before his passage to go to war. Do you have the myth I'm talking about? Olowu had forgotten that he has a princess named nnkan, when he was promising Osun nnkan. Meanwhile nnkan was bethroted to Olowu by Olubadan. Osun claimed nnkan and fight ensued between Olowu and Olubadan. I wont break it, but you are capable of breaking the code, I trust you meta. What is nkan? clue: lesi ma bomo Alakese dule baba tie? O sewor!

Always talking too much and going out of point

Wat does Olowu and Kiriji war have to do wit Obanikoro? Or Igbo-Yoruba connection?
Re: Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com by ladionline: 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
1. A newsworthy, cultural material can not be over-emphasized. Except a respondent is blank of salient idea. (2.) Only a fool throw out his pearl around intellectual mediocres to have any reckoning, the intellect of a mediocre, though 'quassi-intellectual' can not be stretched off its imaginary default limits. (3.) People bring 'person' to bear so much on dialogue. Otherwise is an exception. 0kay, tHESE ARE MY own THOUGHT BUT YOU CAN QUOTE ME, 9JA GET TALENTS O, SEE US WASTING IT, NO WE all ARE UPGRADING it.
Re: Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com by ladionline: 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
macof:

Always talking too much and going out of point

Wat does Olowu and Kiriji war have to do wit Obanikoro? Or Igbo-Yoruba connection?
You have attitude problem, little rigid world. You are always writing wounded. Are you happy, now, ever? How are the people close to you? Any mayhem at hand, now? 'Asoro se kii soro danu'. I have to be patient and share to some extent what I have, so someone without any background idea can relate to the story and draw sound analyses and conclusions. You are to write to 'edu-tain', sorry you have ego issue. Meanwhile it (the post) is not your take, it is a virtual telegram. It is meant for the op and for metaphysical. GOOD IDEA, YOUR QUESTION IS 'RESEARCH-WORTHY', ANOTHER ASSIGNMENT. EXCEPT YOU DON'T KNOW IT. OH! MACOF, YOU ARE COMPLICATING YOUR OWN ASSIGNMENT everyday, but keep trolling, and scanning for your ehm, red rag. smiley
Re: Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com by macof(m): 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
ladionline: You have attitude problem, little rigid world. You are always writing wounded. Are you happy, now, ever? How are the people close to you? Any mayhem at hand, now? 'Asoro se kii soro danu'. I have to be patient and share to some extent what I have, so someone without any background idea can relate to the story and draw sound analyses and conclusions. You are to write to 'edu-tain', sorry you have ego issue. Meanwhile it (the post) is not your take, it is a virtual telegram. It is meant for the op and for metaphysical. GOOD IDEA, YOUR QUESTION IS 'RESEARCH-WORTHY', ANOTHER ASSIGNMENT. EXCEPT YOU DON'T KNOW IT. OH! MACOF, YOU ARE COMPLICATING YOUR OWN ASSIGNMENT everyday, but keep trolling, and scanning for your ehm, red rag. smiley

Still long yarns with no sense
Re: Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com by belltwelve(m): 11:23am On Dec 05, 2013
Wow! well what can I say? ladionline has cemented his spot as one of the main in-house authorities on Yoruba history which he views mainly from an etymological perspective.
@ topic: Igbos and Yorubas have many similarities that should be studied to enhance cooperation. smiley Scientia cum art vincit tenebras.
Re: Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com by ladionline: 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
belltwelve: Wow! well what can I say? ladionline has cemented his spot as one of the main in-house authorities on Yoruba history which he views mainly from an etymological perspective.
@ topic: Igbos and Yorubas have many similarities that should be studied to enhance cooperation. smiley Scientia cum art vincit tenebras.

GBAM!
Re: Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com by macof(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2014
belltwelve: Wow! well what can I say? ladionline has cemented his spot as one of the main in-house authorities on Yoruba history which he views mainly from an etymological perspective.

grin grin coming from a dude who doesn't know his Igbo history

Why not study Igbo as Igbo instead of bringing the Ugbo Ilaje people into your propaganda.
Re: Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com by Syogbe(m): 7:48am On Apr 28, 2019
Obatala Oserimagbo, eniti abi ni Ugbo to lo joba lode Iranje, Obatala, obatase, oba takun lode Iranje. Before Oduduwa, the people in Ile Ife were called Ugbo/Igbo. They have no connection with the Igbo of the east. Those that left Ile Ife are now in Ondo state, Ilaje precisely, the king bears the title Olugbo since 10th century. Igbo of eastern Nigeria were not bearing Igbo until colonial time or during the civil war. The language spoken then is Ikedu which has 90% similarity with Ilaje language. Most of the ifa corpus are preserved in Ikedu which we understand today, even Yoruba/Lucumi in Brazil, Cuba etc use this language when they worship their gods. When they chant the panegyrics of these gods a typical Yoruba person will here. Ikedu is the language of Ifa like the one above.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Odu Ofun Osa- The Benevolent Smiter. / Traditional Music From Your Respective West African Culture / Which Nigerian Tribe Is The Best At speaking English?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.