Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) (12884 Views)

Tour Of Fela Kuti’s House: The “kalakuta Republic” / PICTURES- Fashola Visits Kalakuta Museum In Lagos / FELA: Lagos State Government To Turn Kalakuta Republic To Kalakuta Museum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by ijebabe: 7:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
The Gbemisola, Ikeja home of late Afrobeat King, Fela Anikulapo–Kuti has been turned into a museum - Kalakuta Museum. The museum was financed by the Lagos State government and houses all Fela’s memorabilia, including his clothes, shoes, equipment and other items.

From Linda Ikeji

1 Like

Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by ijebabe: 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
*From Olori Supergirl

Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by mkoabiola: 8:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
Baba 70 ,Abami eda,Woooow,it a welcome dvpt frm d govt.
He worth being celebrated.
Abami eda lives on.....
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by ilee1206: 8:59am On Oct 16, 2012
You see what you believe.[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Ofin11(m): 9:02am On Oct 16, 2012
great addition to d centre of excellence
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Mynd44: 9:04am On Oct 16, 2012
Its a great idea. Hope weed won't be sold there

1 Like

Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by FelaLives(m): 9:06am On Oct 16, 2012
Happy FeLabration to my TRUE FELA Heads out there,yeah! obviously Musceum is
a GREAT IDEA,i guess Femi' has to offer a few more interesting/personal stuff
to make a visit Memorable.And IMPORTANTLY KEEP Entry fee BeLow inflation say like
N1,000.only so 'my guys' go fit afford enter? give dem Greatest Hits Cd on their WAY OUT?
Anikura its ur Bwoy! BodLak'D'Law. Every body say: YEEAH! YEAH!
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 16, 2012
AHHH...aju aju aju aju....eyy!...baba na baba
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by FelaLives(m): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2012
I Truly hope Shepeh,Ganja,Opa eyin, opa iwaju,Aleko,Gbana,Brown,Palmy etc are All LegaLised
in my our time,they only illegal cos Govt never figure how to 'package & tax d sh!t'

like cigar & booze,u dig? a beg 'pass d duchie,on d left hand side' wink
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by DICKtator: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2012
FelaLives!:
I Truly hope Shepeh,Ganja,Opa eyin, opa iwaju,Aleko,Gbana,Brown,Palmy etc are All LegaLised
in my our time,they only illegal cos Govt never figure how to 'package & tax d sh!t'

like cigar & booze,u dig? a beg 'pass d duchie,on d left hand side' wink
please could u remind me who used the bolded sentence in his/her lyrics as the hook? what song did you get that from?
please i need your response. i have been searching for a particular song with that line/hook.
Note: It was actually spoken in patois!. Something like " pass the duchie to mih left hand side"
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Paentera(m): 9:25am On Oct 16, 2012
Good source of revenue for the government, good way to diversify the economy of Lagos State and earn from the tourism potentials that the memory of Fela evokes in die hard fans. Its the same way Elvis' fans come together every year since his death to remember him. Nice one LASG for assisting to make this memory remembered. Eko o ni baje!!!
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 16, 2012
I would love to visit there soon. cheesy
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Naijapikin1: 9:34am On Oct 16, 2012
Last statement “equipment and other items“..... Visitors jus might get a look at a 200year old wrap of eegbo. ;DLast statement “equipment and other items“..... Visitors jus might get a look at a 200year old wrap of eegbo.
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Bunchersstab(m): 9:37am On Oct 16, 2012
All his tracks is applicable 2 this govt .
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Mavor: 9:54am On Oct 16, 2012
Animal in Human Skinnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Ninilowo(m): 9:57am On Oct 16, 2012
Looku ooooo........looku ooooo!!! left righ left right left right left.........this one thousand soldiers dem dey come..... left right left right left right left...........where this one thousand soldiers dey go? left right left right left right left.......NA FELA HOUSE KALAKUTAAAAAAAA..............

Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Rooneyboy(m): 9:58am On Oct 16, 2012
with time wee wee would be legalized.
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Ninilowo(m): 10:13am On Oct 16, 2012
where this one thousand soldiers dem dey go?.............na Fela house KALAKUTA..............left right keft right left.......

Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by FBS: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2012
Good move. Add a statue to that and tourists will flow. Lagos it is!
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by ijebabe: 10:41am On Oct 16, 2012
Inside the museum located at 8, Gbemisola Street, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, to be and managed by Total Consult, are Fela’s trademark items like dresses, shoes and household materials.

The dresses are about 3,000.

Others include covers of the albums of the late musician.

Images on the album covers bear a variety of styles and typefaces which echo and comment on the works and politics of the artiste.

According to the state Commissioner for Tourism and Inter-Government Relations, Mr. Disun Holloway, the Kalakuta Republic Museum is to bring back the old social life and culture to Lagos.

He noted that it was impossible to overstate the importance of Fela to Lagos and the global musical village.

Clockwise: The museum, Fela’s bedroom and, shoes and pants.

From PunchNG

Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Shinor(m): 10:50am On Oct 16, 2012
DICKtator:
please could u remind me who used the bolded sentence in his/her lyrics as the hook? what song did you get that from?
please i need your response. i have been searching for a particular song with that line/hook.
Note: It was actually spoken in patois!. Something like " pass the duchie to mih left hand side"
grin grin grin grin

Original - Mighty Diamonds. Pass de kutchie ( Ganja Pipe). Musical Youth Pass de doutchie ( cooking pot)[b][/b]
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:51am On Oct 16, 2012
DICKtator:
grin grin grin grin

Twas a group of teens that were popular way back in d late 60s and 70s and called themselves "Musical Youths"
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by mkoabiola: 11:00am On Oct 16, 2012
I believe dey shud b selling or displaying ganja in 1 of d rooms,
Without ganja it is incomplete.
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 16, 2012
Good! But, they could have done better with the surroundings!
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by redsun(m): 11:04am On Oct 16, 2012
Fela lives on.You guys can believe how popular that guy is.Recently i watch a young english band playing afro beat in a very popular night spot in the north of england,by recently,i mean last saturday.They are fully into afrobeats,taking after the legend himself,his principles of oneness,fairness,selflessness,joyfulness and justice.

They are a band of ten,three mixed race and the rest pure english,with no biological connection to nigeria.I will link them up to this museum,i am very sure they will like to visit someday.Infact,i told them about it,but i didnt know it was going to materialized as plan,i thoought it was one of those nigerian government empty talks.Kudos to Fash

1 Like

Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by emilyone(f): 11:07am On Oct 16, 2012
that lady looks like Yeni, Fela's daughter undecided
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by tonyx4x44(m): 11:13am On Oct 16, 2012
Chelsea's kakuta should go find a job here as manager
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by gReenmAn(m): 11:37am On Oct 16, 2012
Very nice concept
. . . but no finesse at all
Come on, they could make the place a wee bit more alluring,
even if they're so hung on keeping it as Fela originally left it. angry

1 Like

Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by ijebabe: 11:42am On Oct 16, 2012
emilyone: that lady looks like Yeni, Fela's daughter undecided
maybe it's because she is? undecided
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Venchy: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2012
Smart Government.....always have idea's of tourism and way generating money instead of AUTHORITY STEALING...well done FASH.

FELA is a true LEGEND and he deserve all appraisal.

The truth always prevail and that's the LEGACY he left behind.

I can proudly say I've watched FELA's show in London waterloo Theater and it was SOLD out, same thing in NEW YORK, even after his Death, FELA his still making waves round the world.

Let's wait to see what legacy all our CROOK LEADERS will leave behind, may be a one day an AMERICAN OR A MOVIE producer will make a film about them as CROOK LEADERS or OIL ROGUES.
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by redsun(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2012
They should have a section where all the Fela lyrics are translated into different languages,so that visitors who does not clearly understand pidgin english can tune into his mind and understand clearly what he was on about.What the fuss was all about.
Re: Fela's Kalakuta Museum Officially Opened (Pictures) by Venchy: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
redsun: They should have a section where all the Fela lyrics are translated into different languages,so that visitors who does not clearly understand pidgin english can tune into his mind and understand clearly what he was on about.What the fuss was all about.

Good idea my brother but one step at a time , let's enjoy this and let's hope things will be maintained and not neglected after this present government as we all know that our leaders are full of MESS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Audio: "No Argument" - Mamuzee Twins Mark Birthday By Releasing New Gospel Song / Who Is Laila Ikeji? And What's Her Connection With Linda Ikeji? / Where Is Uche Jumbo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.