Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,794 members, 7,851,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:06 AM

Fan On My Honda 2001 Accord - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Fan On My Honda 2001 Accord (1310 Views)

Going Toks 2001 Accord Babyboy,leather @ 750k / 2001 ACCORD V6 TOKUNBO LEATHER FOR 1M NAIRA ONLY (REDUCED) SOLD! SOLD!! / My Honda Civic Millenium Model Suddenly Stop While On Top Gear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fan On My Honda 2001 Accord by blackmann(m): 11:46am On Jan 23, 2008
[b]I just got meself a honda 2001 accord(baby boy to all of us). The thing is that the fan in the engine(the one that blows the radiator) doesn't work unless i switch on the compressor for the AC. is this normal? One mechanic told me that i must always have that fan on at anytime cos the engine might heat up and end up damaging the head gasket. He was talking about building another relay system for the fan so that it will automatically kick up immediately the car is started without switching on the AC, but i'm holding back. I thought that if at all the engine gets hotter, then Honda must have realised this and built a sensor somewhere which will sense this increase in temperature and automatically start the fan to cool the engine down. I didn't have time to do anything about this when i went to pick the car up from Lagos on saturday as i had to be back here in abuja by sunday evening, ,so i just dumped the ride at home in IB.

Now peeps are there any of you out there using my same type of car? do u think i shld just leave it and not tamper with the relay system? i don't really trust all these road-side rewire men and there jobs. besides they had dome the same to my brother's car sometimes last year, and the end of which the relay that was buit eventually failed and ended up destroying the radiator. What do u guys suggest? here's a pix of the car.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg95/doublejoy4mee/untitled.jpg

[/b]
Re: Fan On My Honda 2001 Accord by sultaan(m): 3:30pm On Jan 23, 2008
There are still things to check on.
Hot hot is the thermometer in your car. If it is below 185 it not hot enough so fan will not come on.
Did anybody remove the thermostat?

Do not ry to rewire, worst case scenerio is to remove the relay and swap is with one of same rating in the fuse box(check your fuses first) just to see if its a bad relay.
If the fan is working with AC fan motor is good smack the temperature sensor if your thermometer is not reading.

Disclaimer

Mess with your car at your own risk.
Re: Fan On My Honda 2001 Accord by blackmann(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2008
The thermometer is reading quite well(if it is the dial that indicates the engine temperature on the dash). I was keeping an eye on it while i drove from Lagos. It was about half way in between the hot and cold points(that was with the AC on as i didn't want to risk it).

sultaan:

If the fan is working with AC fan motor is good smack the temperature sensor if your thermometer is not reading.

i didn't get that part of ur post dude. But from all ur analysis, are u saying that it will automatically kick up if the engine goes beyond a certain temperature? The thermostat is still there.

Disclaimer

Mess with your car at your own risk.

That's why i asked the questions in the first place. I don't want some road-trained technician messing my ride up.

(1) (Reply)

Sweet 55 / A Very Clean Bmw E32 [7 Series] / Any Car U Want From Europe For 100k Lesss Than Market Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.