Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Please Joomla Error Message - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Joomla Error Message (617 Views)

Post Length Error Message When Uploading Theme To Wordpress Site Offline / Facebook Error Message / Again Fellas, What's Wrong With My Code: It Keeps Giving Me The Error Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Joomla Error Message by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 16, 2012
this is the error message i got when i tried to install extension from my computer. i don,t know what to do

JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Unable to write entry
Re: Please Joomla Error Message by mrperfect(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2012
This means that there are some server settings which are wrong. You have to go to your global configuration and click on server. The first field is Path to Temp-folder and that's most likely the local path of you local install. You have to give in your live server path.
There are multiple ways to find that path. The easy one is to create a path.php file that has the following code in it:
<?php
echo getcwd();
?>
Go to example.com/path.php and this will give you the right directory. Put /tmp behind it, place it in Path to Temp-folder and your done.
When you do not use FTP your directory and file permissions need to be set. The problem is that there are a lot of directories and their default setting is 755 which is safe and makes it impossible for users of the same server to place files in you directory. 755 does not make it possible to install or uninstall languages, templates or extensions.
If you change it to 777, you will be able to install and uninstall all your stuff, but… its not that safe.
To make it easy you can make a php file which sets all the directory settings right to 777 when you want to install stuff, and sets it back to 755 when you are done.

(1) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me Of A Better Investment Than This? / Ghana's Attorney General's Website Hacked By Argentine Group / Free Web Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.