Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! (43698 Views)

Call "Rotecch 77" Today For Your Best Mechanical Services (plumbing Installation / Call "Rotecch 77"for your building construction/ mordern house finishings / For Your Electrical & Plumbing Installation Services(Email or Call Us) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
peaceland:
Thanks for the prompt reply sir, really appreciate it.
while waiting for the pictures - more questions:
1. was on a site and some some switches labelled as 15A, 16A, 20A. I know 20A is for water heater & AC but which of 15 & 16 is for normal light switches?
2. I know you discussed the issue of 1 phase & 3 phase meters somewhere - cant find it now but can you educate again on what 1 phase & 3 phase meters are and the pros/cons given that only 1 phase (cut-out) can be in use per time. is one (3-phase) going to draw more power (hence costlier to run) than 3 phase?. What I know then was that sometimes 1 line will not have power so we can change to one of the remaining 2 but aside that what are the implications?
3. Little lecture on the type of wires used to connect to PHCN - my current place I noticed that it seems a bit bigger (and coated with black plastic) than some houses which have smaller (coated with grey-like plastic).
Thank you.
I am sure you know where my questions are leading to sir.

Thanks for the questions.

20A DP switch is for AC and water heater,
15A is for equipment with 15A plug like some deep freezer, microwave oven etc...

16A is also a switch, it depends on each manufacturer the rating giving to their switches.

Different between single(1) phase and 3phase is that single phase has 2 wires(RED and NEUTRAL). While 3-phase has 4wires(3-lives and one neutral cables). When the total current of a building exceeds 63A it is advisable to use 3-phase supply(4wires) from PHCN pole. But for a normal 3-bedroom flat single phase supply should be okay except if they have equipment that needs 3-phase supply.

4/5-bedroom duplex should have 3-phase supply. The total current will definitely exceed 63A(after calculating the total power in the building). This total power normally determine the size of generator, the size of changeover, size of gear switch and also the size of supply cables to be use.

When the power supply on the 3-phase is not complete, some part of the house will not have supply. All the equipment/light/socket/AC connected to phase that is not having supply won't have power

You will pay more when you use 3-phase meter.

We have different types of supply cable;
ARMOURED cable: this is copper cable with double insulation but very expensive and it it best cable. This cable normally pass through underground from pole to the building. Normally comes in different cores(2-core, 3-cores, 4-cores) depends on the type of installation you have.

Reclin cable: this is an aluminium cable with light insulation, black in colour not expensive like armoured cable, this type of cables normally fly in the air from pole to the building.

XLPE Cable: For transformer installation. It it very expensive also.

1 Like

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
This is 2-gang 2-way switch. Sorry for late posting

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
This is 13A single and DSTV outlet

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
1-gang 2-way, 2gang 2-way and 20A DP switch for water heater

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by peaceland(m): 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
topsy23:
thanks sir
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
3-gang

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by larrymoore111: 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
pls where is ur location....thanks?
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
We base in lagos but we can work in any part of the country.

Our Contact 08033643191 or 08051750560
Whatsapp: 08033643191
Pin: 24ED26C9
Email; atope23@live.co.uk, topselg.engineering@gmail.com

You can visit our thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1804476/complete-package-design-drawing-electrical

https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/9
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by peaceland(m): 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2015
@ topsy23,
can we talk a little about plumbing (its part of your thread title grin)
How is testing done for pipes already laid to ensure no leakage before tiles are laid?
what are the likely requirements and likely cost implications for a simple 4 bedroom structure wink
Thanks sir
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
peaceland:
@ topsy23,
can we talk a little about plumbing (its part of your thread title grin)
How is testing done for pipes already laid to ensure no leakage before tiles are laid?
what are the likely requirements and likely cost implications for a simple 4 bedroom structure wink
Thanks sir

Boss, there is an equipment called testing bucket. This what we normally use to pressure the all the water supply pipes both hot and cold line to be sure there is no leakage. The gauge is normmally be on 10bar when pressure testing. Find below the picture of testing bucket and the gauge. We normally put the pipes on testing for 24hrs while the gauge is on 10bar. If the gauge drops from 10bar it means there is a leakage somewhere.

Thanks

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
larrymoore111:
pls where is ur location....thanks?

Lagos
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
Happy weekend
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
Call us today for your Electrical and mechanical works
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
Thank God its friday
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
Call us today. Happy sunday to you
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 10:42am On Sep 24, 2015
Barka de sallah to all our Muslim brothers and sisters in the house.....
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
Happy sunday
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
Call us today........
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
Happy independence nigerian
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
topsy23:
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
Happy sunday
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 8:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
cheesy!!
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 06, 2015
Have you done surface wiring lately?

If so pics please.
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Have you done surface wiring lately?

If so pics please.

Our recent jobs are all conduit system of wiring. We can do surface as well.
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
topsy23:

Our recent jobs are all conduit system of wiring. We can do surface as well.

I'll be interested to see samples of your surface and surface conduit writings that you've done.

I was titulated to see a level being used in your pictures.

Correct height and straightness of switched and outlets are one of my pet peeves in finishes.

Oh and the wall plate screws all have to be pointing straight up grin
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
Sir find below the pictures as requested

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
More pix

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I'll be interested to see samples of your surface and surface conduit writings that you've done.

Correct height and straightness of switched and outlets are one of my pet peeves in finishes.

Quality and neat job is our priority, all our switches and socket are well plumed. We maintained the same spacing between two sockets or switches. We use water level when we have problem with the floor level on site to get the same height of our switches and sockets and to have uniformity in our switch and socket level

1 Like

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by peaceland(m): 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
@ EgunMogaji, @ topsy23,
Perhaps this will help
I have physically seen a project he handled.
I am not a technical person but from my observation he is quite detailed.
They used a plump; set lines and markings and all to get correct levels on the said site and I think some of their red pen markers still there.
Quite detailed and they really took their time; not in a rush and on that particular site his work was very neat.
However it is not a big job site like yours sir.
Thank you.

EgunMogaji:

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
peaceland:
@ EgunMogaji, @ topsy23,
Perhaps this will help
I have physically seen a project he handled.
I am not a technical person but from my observation he is quite detailed.
They used a plump; set lines and markings and all to get correct levels on the said site and I think some of their red pen markers still there.
Quite detailed and they really took their time; not in a rush and on that particular site his work was very neat.
However it is not a big job site like yours sir.
Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback, this is always helpful.

I would still like to see pictorial representation of their work. Not only to see the quality but how they attend to bends, junctions and if there are wrench teeths on the surface of visible piping.
Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by topsy23: 6:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Thanks for the feedback, this is always helpful.

I would still like to see pictorial representation of their work. Not only to see the quality but how they attend to bends, junctions and if there are wrench teeths on the surface of visible piping.

Sir, you can see from the pictures I uploaded before the way our pipes is being bent. We don't use wrench in bending electrical pipes. The pipe is pvc and it can be bend easily with the use of bending spring. A methodology statement is what you need. To know how surface electrical conduit can done. .

BENDING SPRING: We have 20mm and 25mm bending spring for bending 20mm abd 25mm pipe respectively.

COUPLER: for joining two pipes together(we have 20mm and 25mm)

MALE BUSH: use at point entry of knockout boxes either plastic or galvanise.

SADDLE CLIP: for holding(clipping) pipes firm to the wall or slab

Re: CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
topsy23:

Sir, you can see from the pictures I uploaded before the way our pipes is being bent. We don't use wrench in bending electrical pipes. The pipe is pvc and it can be bend easily with the use of bending spring. A methodology statement is what you need. To know how surface electrical conduit can done. .

BENDING SPRING: We have 20mm and 25mm bending spring for bending 20mm abd 25mm pipe respectively.

COUPLER: for joining two pipes together(we have 20mm and 25mm)

MALE BUSH: use at point entry of knockout boxes either plastic or galvanise.

SADDLE CLIP: for holding(clipping) pipes firm to the wall or slab

Nope, I know exactly what I needed and have done it before but would like to have it done by someone else on this project.

I don't condone using plastic pipes on external runs and would never allow that on my build. Galvanized pipe is the preferred external conduit hence why I was asking about bends and teeth marks from tools.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / Property FOR SALE and Apartment FOR RENT in Lagos, Nigeria (THIS WEEK'S UPDATES) / 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.