Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Pipeline Engineering Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pipeline Engineering Jobs (7146 Views)

Updated-Various Engineering Jobs / Graduate And Experienced Engineering Jobs / Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pipeline Engineering Jobs by Dosman(m): 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2008
Dear Fellow Nairalanders

I am currently reading for an MSc degree in pipeline engineering and will be happy to receive links on pipeline enginering jobs in Nigeria in particular.

I will be very gratefull if anybody in the house can help out.

Thanks.
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by boladefuns: 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2008
Hi
i love that course and would like to get a web page address to know more about the technical aspect of the course.

there is prospect for that field here. just stay connected to this forum
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by Dosman(m): 12:45am On Jan 25, 2008
You can get to know more about the course thru d uni web.

www.ncl.ac.uk
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by REZIGIRL(f): 9:42am On Jan 25, 2008
Hello Dosman,
That's a good course u're doing. And to let u know that is my dream course too.
I've just sent u a mail, please can u check it up and kindly get back to me? Ur response will be very much appreciated.
All the best.
Cheers.
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by tlamp: 10:57am On Feb 15, 2008
Hi Guys,

I guess im in the right forum! I have been hoping to hook up with guys who have interest in the Pipeline Engineering field.

I ought to be studying for the same MSc at Newcastle but couldnt secure a Visa from here, you know those people at the Embassy. I deferred my admission and should be coming this September by God's grace. That MSc offers great prospects even here in Nigeria and it is highly regarded by prospective employers - Chevron and the likes., The multidisplinary nature of the course also means that you can work in any sector where pipelines are used, and with increased investments in deepwater explorations in Nigeria, a pipeline engrg degree will put you in good stead for well paying job prospects. Log on to the Chevron Careers Centre- https://www.chevron.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?

Dosman what is the learning environment like? Do you get to go on field trips? Is there emphasis on work placeement while on your programme?
there's so much to talk about, I am expecting your reply.
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by kwaze(m): 11:15am On Feb 15, 2008
SODIQ HOW FAR? DONT WORRY U GO GET JOB IMMEDIATELY U COME BACK. HOWS EVERYTHING WITH U
MESA VP(SEGUN) TALKING TO U
CHEERS
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by Dosman(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2008
Hello KWAZE (Segun)
Yeah I quite appreciate the kind of confidence you are giving but you know in actually fact that jobs in Nigeria are not easily accessible and surplus like in UK.Even as Nigeria is companies bring foreign pipeline engineers to do there jobs because the skill is not common with Nigerians yet.
But really I will be more than happy to return as soon as I finish n get a job but if not there are lots of opportunities in UK but the tax and living expenses in area (Aberdeen,London) where I am likely to be working as a pipeline engineer are killing.So at the end I go dey work for Mama Charlie.
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by kwaze(m): 7:39am On Feb 18, 2008
Dosman, i understand and i could feel u, well i will advice if u get a job in uk then go ahead with it cos any job here will want to count on ur experience. I will say work a year in UK then will dat experience u can den search for a job in nigeria b4 quiting over there.

cheers
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by segy2g(m): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2008
Guess while pipeline jobs may not be plentiful in Nigeria per se, lots of the companies recruit international ppl - viz ppl currently studying in the US and UK especially, So while it may not be a "pipeline" job -- u might get something as a Process Engineer, or a Facilities or a Corrosion & Materials Engineer,

I'm lining up my ducks for a September entry to Newcastle this year -- and am looking forward to it big time,
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by monogees(m): 2:49am On Aug 01, 2008
Hi All,

Just reading through the post and as an ex student of the pipeline engineering department of the University of Newcastle (06" alumni) i would advise anyone who can get the visa to study to try as much as possible to go and "truly" get into school and get his or her MSc.

As i said earlier, i graduated in 2006 and presently working in the Houston Texas for Technip. Just like one of the post says, it would be alot better top get a job in the UK first before going to Nigeria to work. We were seven Nigerians in my class and only one went back home to work for Exxonmobile even though there came to our school then for recruitment alot of the guys didn't want to go back home. Get your MSc work for five years and go back home as an expatriate and you would get more respect and wage that befits your status as an engineer.

Rgrds

monogees
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by tlamp: 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2008
Monogees,

Thanks for your post, and encouragement!

It is good to know the international prospects of the Pipeline MSc and I'm really looking forward to September. I will be emailing you from time to time.

Cheers.
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by obailala(m): 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2008
monogees:

Hi All,

Just reading through the post and as an ex student of the pipeline engineering department of the University of Newcastle (06" alumni) i would advise anyone who can get the visa to study to try as much as possible to go and "truly" get into school and get his or her MSc.

As i said earlier, i graduated in 2006 and presently working in the Houston Texas for Technip. Just like one of the post says, it would be alot better top get a job in the UK first before going to Nigeria to work. We were seven Nigerians in my class and only one went back home to work for Exxonmobile even though there came to our school then for recruitment alot of the guys didn't want to go back home. Get your MSc work for five years and go back home as an expatriate and you would get more respect and wage that befits your status as an engineer.

Rgrds

monogees
Thanks man,
I really appreciate your encouraging words. I would also like to go for the course in newcastle by sept.09 and your words really build my confidence about the course as regards employment prospects.

I would also like to know what the course structure is like;
-would there be field trips?
-would there be industrial attachment practicals?
-whats the general difficulty level of the course like?
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by gben1: 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2008
pls i will like you to assit me in getting a course to come in for, i can be reached directly on this number 08038030548 gbenga ogundipe form Nigeria VIA Ikenne,
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by monogees(m): 10:58pm On Aug 01, 2008
Look i know how hard it is coming from back home to school in the UK, loads of questions and uncertainties, but one thing is that if you get into school the suffering is just for 12 months, you aint gonna die in 12 months.
Concerning the course itself, alot of the lecturers (in all about 15) only 4-5 are actually university staffs, the rest are people working in the industry hence you get to learn about the latest happenings or changes in the industry. Field trips were organised during my time there to places like Advantica and PII (couldnt make any of the trips cos ur bros was working to pay school fees).
Some asked about the level of difficulty, everything in life could be easy or could be hard depending on the amount of interest you have. Personally, pipeline engineering is a great course and anyone with half an interest would enjoy it greatly.
Am placing some links here for information purposes only for those who want to know more about the course and the school.

Pipe Enge main page:
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/pipe.eng/

Penspen integrity page: This page has alot of information for those who can download and read, it would be good because it would give you some background information of what pipe eng is all about.

http://www.penspenintegrity.com/

For those who have questions of a personal nature and dont want to post you can either email me or email any of the people below:

me:
gomonoji@technip.com

Dr Julia Race: She is the program director for the pipeline engineering center.
j.m.race@ncl.ac.uk

Also you can contact fellow Nigerians who are schooling there right now and am sure alot of them would be willing to help.

Rgrds

monogees
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by MrPIPE: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2008
Guys thank you all very much for he invaluable informations you have given. I am also planning to take the MSc in Pipeline engineering. But I have a confusion about which university to attend; Cranfield University or Newcastle University. And also I want to know if it is possible to earn and study because I saw that both the Universities are very expensive. How much minimum money should I take from home and how much money I will be able to earn there itself by working there while studying. Tuition fee in Newcastle is 12970 US dollars and living expense is about 6000 dollars. So total will be about 20000 dollars. If I take 10000 dollars from my home, can I study the course?

Please somebody reply. I will be really grateful to know.
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by omobalufon(m): 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2008
Dosman,

Like i told you earlier, it's advisable you stay in UK and work for 5 years as highlighted by Monogees so as to come back home as an expartriate.

I believe you'll definitely see your kind job by God's grace. Just be prayerful and believe in yourself.

As a Pipeline Engineer, you can achieve alot while in UK rather than coming to Nigeria without Pipeline work experience.

I totally agree with Monogees in his contribution having said it all with his experince in Uk as a former student of the same school.

May God guide and guard everyone of us.

We're really doing a good job and i also pray that everybody that has one way or the other contributed to the development of Nairaland shall be rewarded accordingly. Amen.

Kind regards and stay connected
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by richardyke: 8:32am On Aug 07, 2008
Pls, i want intrested in that course how can i enroll in your. Kindly help forward all relevant information pertain the school and how i can gain admission.
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by segy2g(m): 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2008
@ monogees, Good to know there's a Newcastle Alumnus in Houston TX, I'm in the current Pipeline Engineering class, I believe Emeka is the chap u're talking about, We worked briefly together at Exxon before I bailed, Cheers mate,
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by cking(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2008
Hello All,

In my research I came across this forum and am hoping I can connect with some excellent pipeline engineers that are already in Canada or willing to relocate to Canada.

I am currently working on several opportunities for my clients.

If you are interested please email me christopher.king@petroplan.com

Best Regards
Re: Pipeline Engineering Jobs by tunene: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2009
monogees:

Look i know how hard it is coming from back home to school in the UK, loads of questions and uncertainties, but one thing is that if you get into school the suffering is just for 12 months, you aint gonna die in 12 months.
Concerning the course itself, alot of the lecturers (in all about 15) only 4-5 are actually university staffs, the rest are people working in the industry hence you get to learn about the latest happenings or changes in the industry. Field trips were organised during my time there to places like Advantica and PII (couldnt make any of the trips cos ur bros was working to pay school fees).
Some asked about the level of difficulty, everything in life could be easy or could be hard depending on the amount of interest you have. Personally, pipeline engineering is a great course and anyone with half an interest would enjoy it greatly.
Am placing some links here for information purposes only for those who want to know more about the course and the school.

Pipe Enge main page:
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/pipe.eng/

Penspen integrity page: This page has alot of information for those who can download and read, it would be good because it would give you some background information of what pipe eng is all about.

http://www.penspenintegrity.com/

For those who have questions of a personal nature and dont want to post you can either email me or email any of the people below:

me:
gomonoji@technip.com

Dr Julia Race: She is the program director for the pipeline engineering center.
j.m.race@ncl.ac.uk

Also you can contact fellow Nigerians who are schooling there right now and am sure alot of them would be willing to help.

Rgrds

monogees

Thanks for this, but can you intimate us how possible it is to work and study in the UK fulltime studies I mean, and does the school allow you to pay your fees in installments. also what kind of jobs do you do, pls help us with info. cheers man.

(1) (Reply)

. / Graduate Trainee Jobs At Stanbic Ibtc Bank / Practice Free State Security Service (SSS) Past Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.