Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Man With A Face Transplant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man With A Face Transplant (1476 Views)

Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria / Amazing Pics! The First Photos Of The Man Who Got A Face Transplant Have Been / World's First (Partial) Face Transplant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man With A Face Transplant by UmericanGirl(f): 12:32am On Oct 18, 2012
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/10/17/man-who-received-first-full-face-transplant-doing-great-7months-after-procedure/

Seven months after receiving the most extensive full face transplant ever completed, 37-year-old Richard Lee Norris has been undergoing a successful recovery – regaining the ability to speak and show expression. The University of Maryland has recently released details on his amazing progress.

Norris, from Hillsville, Va., suffered a severe injury in 1997 when a gun accident resulted in the loss of his upper and lower jaws, along with his lips and nose. According to Norris, he has spent the past 15 years as a hermit, hiding behind a surgical mask and rarely going out in public. Now, he said the transplant surgery has not only transformed his face – but his life as well.

“People used to stare at me because of my disfigurement,” Norris said in a statement. “Now they can stare at me in amazement and in the transformation I have taken. I am now able to walk past people and no one even gives me a second look. My friends have moved on with their lives, starting families and careers. I can now start working on the new life given back to me."

More at the link above...

Re: Man With A Face Transplant by UmericanGirl(f): 12:33am On Oct 18, 2012
Unfortunately, people will continue to stare at him because of his tracheostomy. But holy damn what a transformation! shocked shocked
Re: Man With A Face Transplant by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 18, 2012
God bless science shocked shocked
Re: Man With A Face Transplant by Techwriter: 2:30am On Oct 18, 2012
See what acid or bullet from a jealous lover or armed robber can do to the body. We are scared of such things and especially of terrorists. Meanwhile Jesus advised
"To you my friends I say 'Do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. I will tell u whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has the power to throw into hell. Yes, I tell you, he is the one to fear.'" Luke 12:4-5

Be wise friend, FEAR GOD
Re: Man With A Face Transplant by UmericanGirl(f): 2:32am On Oct 18, 2012
^^ Meh. It was probably stupidity considering they said "accident" and not shooting.
Re: Man With A Face Transplant by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 18, 2012
wow, what a transformation.
Re: Man With A Face Transplant by AdeniyiA(m): 4:46am On Oct 18, 2012
come o, wea dem get flesh take plaster d face nah
Re: Man With A Face Transplant by UmericanGirl(f): 4:58am On Oct 18, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
come o, wea dem get flesh take plaster d face nah

from a corpse eh
Re: Man With A Face Transplant by JallowBah(f): 8:46am On Oct 18, 2012
Sscience is crazy on many things, both good and bad. In this case; damn good.
I have seen pics of a woman that also got a transplant, the people who get this, get a whole new life.
Re: Man With A Face Transplant by dominique(f): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2012
The cosmetic surgeons are really getting better with the procedure and geting better results. The first successful face transplant was too distorted and weird looking.
Re: Man With A Face Transplant by james1(m): 5:10am On Oct 27, 2012
Great!one of the wonders of science.
Re: Man With A Face Transplant by Nobody: 5:03am On Nov 27, 2012
awesome.
I am very very happy for him. smiley

james1: Great!one of the wonders of science.

Thank God for granting some of us the ability to understand it. smiley

(1) (Reply)

100% Free. If You Live Around Ogba, Agege, Ikeja, Ojodu-berger, This Is For You. / Us State Department Ebola Alert / Help A CRYING Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.