Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,024 members, 7,821,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship (3216 Views)

List Of Scholarship For Nigerian Undergraduate Students In 2015 / FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia / Mapoly Sets Deadline For Payment Of School Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by semid4lyfe(m): 3:55am On Oct 19, 2012
Lagos State governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola, has approved the release of N77, 536,621.20 as scholarships to 337 indigenes of the state in various tertiary institutions throughout the country for the 2011/2012 session.

In a release from the Secretary, Lagos State Scholarship Board, Mrs Yetunde Jegede, the awardees include 223 undergraduate students with 3.5 grade point and above and 74 postgraduate students who took part in the last local scholarship interview conducted in January.

“Others are the 40 undergraduate students who automatically qualified for merit award having got 4.0 grade point and above,” it stated.

According to the statement, documentation exercise in readiness for the presentation of award to this category of awardees will commence on Monday, on the premises of the board in Agege, after which ATM cards would be released to them.

Jegede, therefore, implored benefitting students to come with original and photocopies of relevant documents, including school identity cards, current progress report, two passport photographs, letter of admission, N2,000 Lagos State Scholarship Board brochure, receipt obtained from the Office of the Special Adviser on Education, Alausa and any other documents that were not submitted before now.

The award value ranges from N200, 000 to N300, 000 to N400, 000 for undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students, respectively.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/49485-lagos-releases-over-n775m-for-payment
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by mkohagwu(m): 5:35am On Oct 19, 2012
I don't understand, so only 223 Lagos undergraduate students Have 3.5 grade point and above. there must be other criterias for inclusion wink
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by KINGwax(m): 5:47am On Oct 19, 2012
^^^
They can't give everyone. They've gotta shuffle and give out
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 19, 2012
Na real wa
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by bory09(m): 6:54am On Oct 19, 2012
what is big deal we all know that this same scholarship will be shared among themselves. Favouratism and nepotism will be on point nothin more nothing less
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by humpito(m): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2012
Scam of the highest order. I and several other postgraduate students applied but none of us was awarded this scholarship. Fashola is fond of propaganda. Smh
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by WizPrince1(m): 7:17am On Oct 19, 2012
Good Government, Good Life!
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by DEngineer(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2012
Does anyone think Anti-Gbagaun should post a comment and stop being a coward.

@op, its a good thing if this funds can really get to the beneficiaries.

The KWARA State Governor promised scholarships and bursaries, now he has failed to deliver on his promises as he did not pay the KWARA indigenes 2011/2012 bursary to the Unilorin Students, smh

Anti-Gbagaun post a reply, let's see how fluent and flawless ur communication in english is. Fool
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by vicholas(m): 7:52am On Oct 19, 2012
fashola is trying o o o
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:02am On Oct 19, 2012
humpito: Scam of the highest order. I and several other postgraduate students applied but none of us was awarded this scholarship. Fashola is fond of propaganda. Smh

Na lie, no b scam. I can say it outrightly cos i'm a beneficiary myself and i'm not in any way related to Fashola.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by valencia25(m): 8:25am On Oct 19, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

Na lie, no b scam. I can say it outrightly cos i'm a beneficiary myself and i'm not in any way related to Fashola.

I was about calling you to check this thread... You dan receive alert ba
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by AntiGbagaun(f): 8:26am On Oct 19, 2012
D-Engineer:
Does anyone think Anti-Gbagaun should post a comment and stop being a coward.

@op, its a good thing if [size=15pt]this funds[/size] can really get to the beneficiaries.

The KWARA State Governor promised scholarships and bursaries, now he has failed to deliver on his promises as he did not pay the KWARA indigenes 2011/2012 bursary to the Unilorin Students, smh

Anti-Gbagaun post a reply, let's see how fluent and flawless ur communication in english is. Fool
shocked shocked angry
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by buhak: 9:24am On Oct 19, 2012
FASHOLA is not trying at all if you want to confirmed it go and check egigbo and ikotun road all the road in ikotun area are dead trap
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by mbhs139(m): 9:52am On Oct 19, 2012
buhak: FASHOLA is not trying at all if you want to [size=14pt]confirmed[/size] it go and check [size=14pt]egigbo[/size] and ikotun road all the road in ikotun area are [size=14pt]dead[/size] trap

This is the reason everyone who claim to have gone to the university and are able to read and write can not get the (or a) scholarchip. It is only those that deserve and merit it that eventually got it.

Little wonder you are talking about road when the post is about scholarship.

You are a disaster waiting to happen
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by baba11(m): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2012
bory09: what is big deal we all know that this same scholarship will be shared among themselves. Favouratism and nepotism will be on point nothin more nothing less
who be you?the scholarship is real in as long as you are a lagosian.i am a living testimony to it,don't say what you don't know again!!!
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by humpito(m): 10:29am On Oct 19, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

Then u know someone at the board.
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by mapet: 10:30am On Oct 19, 2012
The big deal are these;
1. These is money well spent and invested.
2. As against the old all comers affair order, this is actually merit based.
3. Are we not better off encouraging health academic comptetion in our schools to improve the lot of our young men and women, thereby improving th quality of our communities, states and country?

This is about the second or third year these has been running. Since the previous VC, who introduce the scheme, LASU has been consistent with this. Unlike my days (I remember at the beginning on my Final year, when I took conscious effort to go round to force a collation of my 3-year results to be sure I was not going to get any suprises on graduation), results are actually published on the internet, immediately after exams.

For me this is better than bursary. If these had happened in my days, my year 3 & 4 results would have fetched me the scholarship
bory09: what is big deal we all know that this same scholarship will be shared among themselves. Favouratism and nepotism will be on point nothin more nothing less
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by mapet: 10:31am On Oct 19, 2012
Have you read the conditions? are your CGPA up to the requirements

humpito: Scam of the highest order. I and several other postgraduate students applied but none of us was awarded this scholarship. Fashola is fond of propaganda. Smh
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by mapet: 10:33am On Oct 19, 2012
It comes to me like you're someone who has a ready excuse for not making the stakes......I pray I'm wrong...

humpito: Then u know someone at the board.
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by kennytidistar(m): 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2012
[Ogidi-Olu]

dont you think it will be better of if lasu school fees is reversed from 300,000 to 20,000? and stop the payment of 3,000 by primary school student to alausa every year apart from their normal school expense? think for your self. it's all hypocrite
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by sunboy(m): 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
If u don't know shi.t don't say it. Its damn real, they've even started the current outgoing 400L student a combined of 300+400L equals 400k. I guess this announced now covers others, my friends been benefiting from this, then from local govt again, then lagos state refunding their school fees again. I'm a LASUite sha, lasu is free to indigens, that's d busary as refund for sch fees. (Not talking about the 250k students oo) the 200k scholarship is automatic, jes reach 3.5 cgpa, apply, write d extra cheap exam for writing sake n get ur money.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by FBS: 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
Good move. Education is important.
Meanwhile on another thread : Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams

Perspectives and priorities.
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by Irshittabey: 8:50am On Jun 12, 2013
Ogidi-Olu:

yes my bro i got 50k as bursary without any connection i just applied but i am yet to apply for scholarship
Re: Lagos Releases Over N77.5m For Payment Of Scholarship by purplish(f): 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
Its REAL! I got 50K bursary last year as well, coz I'm a law student. Applying 4 250K merit award later this year....There are lots of opportunities for Nigerian youths, Information is Power! Don't just sit in ur bedroom and conclude that every scheme is fake...Though fake one's exist, don't let that rob u of ur rights.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Federal University Of Technology Akure Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session / Man Commits Suicide After 6yrs Of Writing Jamb Without Passing (photo) / Project Topics And Research Materials For Final Year B.sc, B.ED... Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.