Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? (2869 Views)

1,205 Students Benefit From MTN Foundation Scholarship Phase 5 [PHOTOS] / How Can Tertiary Students Benefit From The TETFUND / Start Learning With Amazing Video Tutorials (education, Certifications & Skills) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by mrlycan: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
Please I need your advice. I am due to present an audiovisual project to some educational institutions.

I believe it can work and help young students to read more and watch less home videos.

Please I need your advice on this. When submitting my proposal,what should I avoid.

Thanks as you comment. I graduated 5 years ago.. I need your encouragement. Thanks
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by youtoo: 8:33am On Oct 20, 2012
As an ICT professional you should be confident enough to display to the school
the best way to use the materials and the available benefits they would be able
to get.

Your emphasis should be on the benefits because that is what will convince them.
You may be tempted to want to show how good the design is,but I should let you
know that no reasonable buyer considers the design of any material.It is the
benefits that they wan to pay for.

It the available benefits are good enough to aid they students teaching-learning
experiences, then, you can be sure they will feel like patronizing you.

Be confident when pitching.

Have a mastery of the product.

Make you explanation simple enough for a novice to understand and go along with
you while teaching them how to use your product.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by pecopeco: 11:58am On Oct 25, 2012
mrlycan: Please I need your advice. I am due to present an audiovisual project to some educational institutions.

I believe it can work and help young students to read more and watch less home videos.

Please I need your advice on this. When submitting my proposal,what should I avoid.

Thanks as you comment. I am a 5 year old graduate but ICT Professional. I need your encouragement. Thanks
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by 234GT(m): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
They will benefit from audiovisuals, but take your proposal to standard private schools, not bend-down schools.

1 Like

Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
^^^OP,listen to them...
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by mrfolu(m): 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
Video tutoring has been
rapidly gaining popularity among students due to its
ease of use, cost and its ability to provide frequent
tutoring just when a student needs help and is ready
to learn. biology made easy is a good audio visual
and multimedia CDs produced for students writing
or sitting. for waec, jamb and neco to aid their
understanding of the subject.
call 08181096442,08066701575 or contact me@ 29, Otigba street,
beside ENTERPRISE BANK (formally known as Spring
Bank) computer village, Ikeja, Lagos.

Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by fizeul(m): 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
Of course they will.. A large number of people live the better part of their lives looking at a screen.. If its not a T.V screen, they are pressing their phones and laptops.. Its like taking education to their comfort zone..

2 Likes

Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by mrlycan: 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
I cant believe its making the front page. Please I need more comment. I have been jobless since graduation. I need to create a job for myself. Your comments will help me.
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by 4reigningqueen: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
what problem do you intend to solve with the project, i guess that is the most important question to ask yourself.if you can provide a convincing answer then you are on your way to making it big.

***Singing*** all i want to say is hi put your hands in the sky
if you see me passing by
dont be shy to say hi hi hi hi hi hi!!!
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by mrlycan: 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
There are some big private schools in my state that i feel adding audio visuals to their status will give them an edge over other school. it can make them more money by adding it into the school curriculum there making it compulsory for students at the kindergaten to secondary level. i can produce audiovisuals in HD format for all devices. also i can make them a fantastic prospectus like the america standard,instead of their undetailed tv advert. video prospectus can be given for free. and so on.
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by irecruit(m): 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
audio visuals is bad for learning
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by Iolo(m): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
@OP -

Audio visuals are a great idea.

My advice is that rather than ask if Students would benefit from learning with audio visuals, ask yourself what the school stands to gain from implementing such teaching solutions.

Basically the school would want to weigh the cost and benefit to see which way to go. Possibly give them stats on how more students have been known to pass Waec/Neco exams with audio visuals raising the % of students who acquire 5' credit and above in that school.

Basically do some in depth research in how it can help the school (perhaps from a cost saving, less manhours spent teaching angle), not just the students alone.
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by dealslip(f): 2:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
mrlycan: Please I need your advice. I am due to present an audiovisual project to some educational institutions.

Thanks as you comment. I am a 5 year old graduate but ICT Professional. I need your encouragement. Thanks

Could U̶̲̥̅̊ kindly reach ,•̸Ϟﻉ on 08034871653. Might be needing Ųя services but for a matured class.
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by SisiKill1: 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
Where some countries have moved on from Audio Visual to more sophisticated mode of teaching. . .y'all are still debating merits of Audio Visual?!!

God Help us!
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by gbigbega: 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Where some countries have moved on from Audio Visual to more sophisticated mode of teaching. . .y'all are still debating merits of Audio Visual?!!

God Help us!

Stop deceiving us. Audio visual is the latest teaching technique in the world. If you know any other method that is better then say it.
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by Lawman4nairalnd(m): 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
Pls,there's a lot of benefits in it,that has been d major source of my success since i secured admission,it helps a lot."KEEP UR FLAG FLYING OK!.
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by SisiKill1: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
gbigbega:

Stop deceiving us. Audio visual is the latest teaching technique in the world. If you know any other method that is better then say it.
Dude except you have a different definition of Audio Visual when it comes to schools and learning, then yeah maybe that is new but if it is is the Audio Visual as it is known by regular folks then I must reiterate that Audio Visual is most definitely NOT the latest teaching technique.
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by HonLord: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2012
We are not yet through with Text books and Hand-out that does not use electricity/power, how much more the once that will require additional cost to effectively use it. My good friend, if this concept is taking place in Ghana, Cameroun or other countries where thier citizens are valued; I would have asked you to forge ahead but not in Nigeria.

Take that Idea to a foreign country and you will have value for it. Here in Nigeria - I must be frank with you, if the schools will actually buy from you it will be only 3% to 5%. Before you know Piracy has taking-over you market and run you into debts.

Try hard to make a wise decision puting you environment into consideration and the policy of the country in your mind. God help you
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by mrlycan: 11:13am On Oct 26, 2012
u have apoint but where am carrying this idea to is a private place,they will have their own lisence. i am not producing locally. just for them only.
Re: Will Students Benefit From Learning With Audio visuals? by chichiman: 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2012

Thanks as you comment. [size=18pt]I am a 5 year old graduate[/size] but ICT Professional. I need your encouragement. Thanks

[size=18pt]SOME NIGERIAN GRADUATES NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME WITH THEIR LACK OF GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS![/size]

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian College Of Accountancy Jos 2013/2014 / Grants, Study Fellowship And Scholarships / E.j. Alagoa: The Man And His Profession, 1933-1998

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.