Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 (15931 Views)

Tottenham Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 15th December 2013 / Tottenham Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 28th September 2013 / Tottenham Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 3rd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by chamotex(m): 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
Andre Villas-Boas' presence on the touchline against Chelsea this weekend is in danger of overshadowing a Premier League game that has the potential to be the best we have seen so far this season.

The Portuguese, hung out to dry by Stamford Bridge bosses only months into his three-year contract, has begun promisingly on the path to redemption with Spurs.

ome tricky early results have been overcome and a new-look Tottenham side are beginning to show the kind of form, and steely determination, which could see them become title challengers in the next year or two.

It is nine unbeaten in all competitions now, and among those results have been the impressive 3-2 win against Man United at Old Trafford, the hard-fought victory over Aston Villa and the dominating display against Reading, which was Villas-Boas' first win.

These are heady days for the White Hart Lane faithful as they prepare for a new era, but the visit of league leaders Chelsea presents a whole new challenge and the toughest test of their mettle so far.

Currently four points clear of second-placed Man City, Roberto Di Matteo is another young manager pulling up trees.

Villas-Boas' replacement, and former right-hand man, has revamped his team's whole mentality since claiming a first Champions League triumph in Chelsea's history last May.

The introduction of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Victor Moses was not expected to work so well, so soon. But add Juan Mata to the mix and you have an attacking line-up which could rival the world's best in years to come.

Chelsea have seen off the challenge of Arsenal in the league already, winning 2-1, but wilted when put under the spotlight by sterner opposition, Juventus pegged back a two-goal deficit in the Champions League, and Atletico Madrid fired four past Petr Cech in a UEFA Super Cup masterclass.

Tottenham will present another tough test for Di Matteo's young side and, with both sets of players capable of scoring the goals to win the game, it has the prospect of being a classic London derby.

http://espnfc.com/uk/en/preview/345771/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=5739

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 20, 2012
Go Chelsea! I see the Blues winning or drawing the game. CFC for life!
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 7:35am On Oct 20, 2012
We are winning this match today

Spurs 1

Chelsea 3

Who wanna place a bet on this?
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by 1025: 8:06am On Oct 20, 2012
at lease chelsea so far have proved that they can also take ball possession away from arsenal and still win the game right there at emirate. imagine a team with oscar, hazard and mata dangeriously behind our missing link so far(torres).
two rocks (mikel and ramires) are wickedly desposited in between the attack and the defense line. i don't want to find any fault in the ashley, luiz,cahil and ivanovic combination with a gentle but active coolant in the name of cech.
our bench will be another set of raw golds thinking of sturridge and our able moses, lampard and betrand.
when i think about this chelsea team, sometimes i wake up from sleep smiling.
go chelsea go.
we have gone to places and come back with trophies so it is our time to entertain the world with classy players and classy football.
a lot of back heels today.

14 Likes

Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2012
1025: at lease chelsea so far have proved that they can also take ball possession away from arsenal and still win the game right there at emirate. imagine a team with oscar, hazard and mata dangeriously behind our missing link so far(torres).
two rocks (mikel and ramires) are wickedly desposited in between the attack and the defense line. i don't want to find any fault in the ashley, luiz,cahil and ivanovic combination with a gentle but active coolant in the name of cech.
our bench will be another set of raw golds thinking of sturridge and our able moses, lampard and betrand.
go chelsea go.
we have gone to places and come back with trophies so it is our time to entertain the world with classy players and classy football.
grin grin grin grin grin bro, U'v said It all.. KTBFFH cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 20, 2012
[size=14pt]FRONT PAGE PLEASE!!![/size]
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 20, 2012
1025: at lease chelsea so far have proved that they can also take ball possession away from arsenal and still win the game right there at emirate. imagine a team with oscar, hazard and mata dangeriously behind our missing link so far(torres).
go chelsea go.

Lolz, dis guy dey craze. You dey remind me of all those old school naija commentators...during all those Bright Ogedengbe and Nduka Ugbade days in the late eighties/early nineties. Na those old school Radio Nigeria commentators sabi use these kind metaphors.

You're right though. Chelsea's team is tantalizingly close to perfection now. Just discard "missing link" Torres and give me Falcao upfront, then we'll be unstoppable.

2 Likes

Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Victorjoseph(m): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2012
chelseabmw: We are winning this match today

Spurs 1

Chelsea 3

aw mch can u go wit me?
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Victorjoseph(m): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2012
chelseabmw: We are winning this match today

Spurs 1

Chelsea 3

aw mch can u go wit me? Loss is certain 4 u 2dy
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by DMainMan: 9:27am On Oct 20, 2012
Bimfo:
grin grin grin grin grin bro, U'v said It all.. KTBFFH cool cool cool cool cool

guy i pity u. I c AVB revenging. U guys ar traitor just like RVP is to d best and most entertaining team in d planet (ARSENAL). All d players revolted against his coaching policy dat brought him success in FC Porto. Y would he want to succumb against ordinary Chelsea players? I c AVB replacing u guys from top 4. D top 4 teams in this season wil b Ars, Man C, Man U and Tot. MARK MY WORD
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Preacherkid: 9:27am On Oct 20, 2012
Chelsea 2
tottham 1
up chelsea,,up blues
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Quincy37(m): 9:39am On Oct 20, 2012
Up Chelsea!!! No stopping us we will emerge victorious today!! HATER go and eat un-riped pawpaw and wash it down with ogogoro and die!!! grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Selamsweet18(f): 9:42am On Oct 20, 2012
Chelsea to win by 2 unreply goals.
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by sylve11: 9:45am On Oct 20, 2012
DMainMan:

guy i pity u. I c AVB revenging. U guys ar traitor just like RVP is to d best and most entertaining team in d planet (ARSENAL). All d players revolted against his coaching policy dat brought him success in FC Porto. Y would he want to succumb against ordinary Chelsea players? I c AVB replacing u guys from top 4. D top 4 teams in this season wil b Ars, Man C, Man U and Tot. MARK MY WORD

Talk is not xpensive. cool
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by KazeKage1: 9:46am On Oct 20, 2012
smiley

Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by sylve11: 9:47am On Oct 20, 2012
Selamsweet18: Chelsea to win by 2 unreply goals.

Selams, after the game I still wanna see u in this thread. Spurs gat surprise package for u guys. cool
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 20, 2012
I see mikel scoring his first Epl goal today
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 20, 2012
DMainMan:

Guy, how many bottles of tombo you don drink this early morning? Better go take two sachets of Alabukun to cool your brain down.

3 Likes

Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by RuuDie(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2012
The "NEW" Special One grin

Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2012
DMainMan:

Did I hear you say tot. Bad belle people chelsea is winning this match if you don't like it go & hug transformer
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2012
pro01:

Guy, how many bottles of tombo you don drink this early morning? Better go take two sachets of Alabukun to cool your brain down.
God bless you jare my bro abeg help me tell him ooo.

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by slamstan(m): 10:38am On Oct 20, 2012
DMainMan:

BEEF!
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 20, 2012
This is one hell of trickry fixtures for chelsea. The game will be a fast paced one

I'll still root for my club sha. Up blues
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Havilah93(m): 10:49am On Oct 20, 2012
the mata-car-zard formula will be at work again.....
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by ayawori(m): 10:49am On Oct 20, 2012
Dat boy Oscar is gonna score today, Chelsea!!! Chelsea!!!
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by ayawori(m): 10:53am On Oct 20, 2012
DMainMan:

Arsenal ke, RVP left and he's doing well, AVB left and Chelsea won the Champions league, guess traitors are succeeding now. Arsene Wenger isn't leaving yet so Arsenal will remain trophyless
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Sheguama: 10:57am On Oct 20, 2012
67th min: Tot 1: Chl 1
68th min: Harsh tackle from Gallas on Hazard in the 18yd box. Gallas escapes a RED but penalty conceded.
69th min. Lamps steps up.... Gooaaaaalllll.
90+4 min: Game ends. Tot 1: Chl 2
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by khattab008: 11:16am On Oct 20, 2012
Spurs all d way

Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2012
Victor joseph: aw mch can u go wit me?

Ten Thousand Nigerian Currency
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Gudnicedeals: 11:25am On Oct 20, 2012
go chelsea go.

What a classic remark. This comment almost made my head explode in ecstacy.
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by omicron(m): 11:25am On Oct 20, 2012
jchime: I see mikel scoring his first Epl goal today
Same feeling here. Mikel scores
Re: Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 by Selamsweet18(f): 11:27am On Oct 20, 2012
sylve11:

Selams, after the game I still wanna see u in this thread. Spurs gat surprise package for u guys. cool
Ok, I'll be coming back on thread after the game for sure. And i trust Chelsea will triumph at the end of the day.
Till then see ya!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Sevilla: UCL (2 - 2) On 13th September 2017 / Partizan Belgrade Vs Manchester United : Europa League 0 -1 On 24th October 2019 / UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.