Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Virgintiy Is A Virtue - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virgintiy Is A Virtue (3073 Views)

Honesty - A Virtue To Cultivate / When lying is a virtue / Virginity A Virtue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virgintiy Is A Virtue by NWAEZEG(f): 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2008
what does virginity before marriage mean to christains today both male and female.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by dimpules: 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2008
the man will always in most cases want to sleep with you before marriage but i tell you a man who marries you as a virgin will respect and cherish for for all his life. Virginity is a virtue if you call it so.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by odiaseo(m): 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2008
I only wish all women would understand the treasure they hold by saving sex for marriage. Virginity is still in vogue even if people try to desecrate it
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by dequeen(f): 11:27am On Jan 29, 2008
thank God I'm still a virgin and i promise my self 2 zip up till i married. sex is worth waiting 4 pls zip up. if u are still a virgin there will be joy in ur heart, but, some girls didn't value themselves dat is reason why they slept with any boy comes 2 there way. pls girls i'm begging u stop messing up urselves around. remember what 2 face says in if luv is a crime "i cant believe she is till a virgin" Cos he knows DAT those girls out there are not to depend on pals zip up (Virginity Is A Virtue) If Ur man meet u a virgin he will respect u. sad sad sad grin grin
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by kellyp: 5:33am On Jan 31, 2008
y'all ra talking about just d girls. guys should b inclusive. Its a virtue for guys too and their lady will learn to respect them.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by ominiReal: 4:17pm On Feb 05, 2008
It is a good topic to discuss cos our men and women no longer respect their body and keep the ordinances of God. Sex is only pure in marriage anything outside that is a sin and damage to the body. If only men and women could come to the knowledge of truth to know that keeping ur body only for ur life partner is a virtue i don't think the dengers and fears of catching deadly deases or infection will be there. Also you will be free from the guilt of ur past and be a free man and woman who will be respected by ur partners. Virginity is a virtue and should be brought back to our world. Spread the news.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by AmakaN: 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2008
yes, men and women christains and muslims should try to hold body, if not for any other thing just cos AIDS is real and e no dey show for face.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by tpaine: 11:18pm On Mar 17, 2008
Virginity is a bogus notion as as barbaric as the come if someone is valued more or less because of it. The only thing special about it is that it is the first time of having sex, and just like all first experience there is anxiety and it tends to be remembered most (either positively or negatively). I still have memories of the first time I boarded an airplane and much as I have when I lost my virginity.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by Image123(m): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2008
Pro 11:16 A gracious woman retaineth honor: and strong men retain riches.
Lets Be wise people in God's sight
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by ominiReal: 11:48pm On Mar 22, 2008
sex is worth waiting for.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by Gamine(f): 12:01am On Mar 23, 2008
ooh this issue is getting too much on NL

evrydy new new topics

han han
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by JeSoul(f): 2:50am On Mar 23, 2008
tpaine, I thot you had retired from NL? lipsrsealed

@topic,
as a christian virginity and staying pure is of utmost importance. Knowing that besides the physical advantages of abstinence, there's also the spiritual aspect - that every partner you have you become one with them. When a person has so many partners, they come to their marriage incomplete, resulting in a less than fulfilling marriage cos they've given so much of themselves that they can never get back.

abstinence is the best practice - always.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by Gamine(f): 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2008
All you Virgitarians

lipsrsealed
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by topkin(m): 12:07am On Mar 24, 2008
I think it's really worth it waiting but it's rare. Virginity truly is a virtue.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by mnwankwo(m): 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2008
Physical virginity is not a virtue. Chastity is a virtue. If physical virginity is as a result of inner purity (chastity), then it is a good thing. However, he or she who is still physically a virgin but indulges in impure thoughts is not chaste or pure. The emphasis should be to be inwardly pure and the inner purity will also manifests outwardly. There are many who have not had sex, yet in their thoughts, they are much worse than those who are no more virgins. Except you have the ability to see into human thoughts and motives, it will be wrong to assess a potential partner based on the concept of physical virginity. Sexual relationships should only be entered upon when the marriage was based on the laws of God and the laws of God demand that there must be genuine love, and their must be spiritual and psychic compatibilty between the couples. Where these are lacking, any sexual relationship is immoral even in marriage. Strange as it may sound, sexual relationship can also be immoral in marriages that no longer fufill the will of God.

1 Like

Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by olabowale(m): 11:40pm On Mar 24, 2008
@M nwanko: Is marriage not ordained/commanded by God? Of course it is from God. A person who struggle daily to suppress his or her illicit urge, is a true fighter by me, as long as it is not acted upon.

No one of us is an angel. Am sure am not. I do not know about you. But please those of you who only have passing thoughts and you struggle against it and never acted upon it, you are true heros.

Finally to have suggested that a legally married couple who willingly engaged in sexual relationship between themselves are immoral people is actually bending the truth and reality of marriage. There is no marriage that does not have its hills and valleys. The successful marriage is the marriage where there is continuous struggle to overlook each spouses faults and continue mending the seams of the union. Even prophets have difficulties with their spouses.

If I have daughters, I want her to remain a virgin, until she is married. My sons, are not treated differently from the way I would have treated daughters.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by oreshade(m): 3:24am On Mar 25, 2008
please house,if you are still a virgin please make it known here, though an handsome guy that has faced lot of trials even from girls,i mean direct,open and free offers,all praises are due to allah am still a chaste virgin//////////i bet ten guys cant say this , lets see
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by bawomolo(m): 3:37am On Mar 25, 2008
If your man meet u a virgin he will respect u.

Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by TheSly: 3:47am On Mar 25, 2008
Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . . Lol. . . . . . . cheesy grin . . . . .
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by mnwankwo(m): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2008
@Olabowale,

Only those marriages that are according to the laws of God are ordained by God. The laws of God with respect to marriage is true love, spiritual and psychic compatibility and the desire by the intending couples to to live in the sense of the laws of God. Where these conditions are lacking, then the marriage is not recognised by God nor has it the spiritual consecration necessary for triumph over sin. It is purely an earthly partnership and couples leaving in that condition are leaving under an immoral canopy. When the laws of God are not fufilled, it is immaterial wheather or not the marriage is blessed by a pastor, a priest, a monk, an iman or even the pope. It is not dificult to understand that a marriage entered upon on impure bases like sensual attraction, wrong wishes of relatives, the desire to better your material condition, the desire to spite or annoy an ex date, arranged mariages, the desire to get a visa etc are not according to the laws of God and such marriages are immoral and are not protected by God. Ofcourse such marriages are in the majority today and that partly explains high incidence of divorce, infidelity and other evils prevalent in the so called marriages. Where the intending couples are bound by true love for each other and the love of God, the permanence of the marriage is ennsured form the start. Infidelity and even the thought for it is completely out of question for that marriage is anchored in the power of God, protected by the power of God and sustained by the power of God. In any marriage where thoughts of infidelity on either of the couples exist, even when such thoughts have not found physical expression, then such a marriage is not a genuine one. It is as simple as that. Ofcourse, we human beings can invent a thousand reasons to rationalize our impure thoughts but that does not escuse them. Thoughts are not free even if many imagine they are. Sooner or later the consequences of toying with impure thoughts will manifest itself even in the physical. Trails in true marriage are normal but such trials do not lead to infidelity or thoughts of infidelity but on the contrarly, such trials strengthens the love between the couples and also their joint love for their creator, the almighty God.

A man or woman abuses the wife or husband, atimes physically beats him or her up, cares litle or nothing about the spouse, does drug and gets intoxicated with alcohol etc. Sexual relationship under these sinful conditions is immoral, and that they are "married" does not escuse it. I repeat, sex is only permissible and indeed the right thing when a marriage is entered upon according to the laws of God and experienced according to the laws of God. As per being a virgin physically, let you virginity be an expression of your inner purity. "Keep the hearts of your thoughts pure" is the simple advice. If one is not pure in heart, then ones physical virginity is hypocritical and a hypocrite is worse than an evil doer.

1 Like

Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by babamutu: 1:45am On Mar 26, 2008
these days, men don't apperciate virgins anymore. girls made them feel so cause they don't even want to be called virgin. i don't know what the world is turning into.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by TheSly: 2:12am On Mar 26, 2008
men don't appreciate virgins anymore
As simple as that!!. . cool
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by NoStress: 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2008
Virtue: Hey a moral excellence of a person. A virtue is a trait valued as being good.
The conceptual opposite of virtue is vice.
Virginity :is the state of being a virgin. Historically, virgin referred to a young woman/man with no sexual experience!
So with that i say Virginity is a Virtue wink
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by bluehorizo(m): 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2008
VIRGINITY IS NOT A VIRTUE IT IS JUST A LACK OF OPPORTUNITY.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by NoStress: 12:33pm On Mar 26, 2008
LOL, grin by the way what make you feel so?
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by nikkiw: 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2008
Its good to marry as a virgin and feel that first pain in ur husbands bed. After that he will learn to handle you gently and treat u like a queen. But in any way you loose own still relax and know that there are still more ways to impress the man. But of a truth it is virtue not lack of opportunity. What opportunity are talking about even a mad woman sees someone to have sex with not to talk of a normal human being.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by prettyreal(f): 5:44pm On Mar 27, 2008
VIRGINITY IS NOT A VIRTUE IT IS JUST A LACK OF OPPORTUNITY.

Main!!!!!!!!! What opportunity are u talking about here? Is it that the person didn't see a man or woman to sleep with or what? There is nothing like lack of opportunity anyone that keeps him or herself till the D-day to him or her its a virtue. Let us learn to teach our children to do the right thing wait till they get married before opening up their legs.

Virginity is a virtue period.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by holythug(m): 5:49pm On Mar 27, 2008
i no knw wetin dey d vagina virgin tin sef. . .blabbin bout virginity to hell wit it
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by diehard(m): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2008
It seems those who have lost their virginity are angry with the poster because they cannot boast of having any virtue or self control. Their conscious is pricking them that they have lost something valuable they can never regain again all for a flirting 5 minutes of pleasure. Oh what a pity tongue
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by AmakaN: 11:34pm On Mar 31, 2008
It seems those who have lost their virginity are angry with the poster because they cannot boast of having any virtue or self control. Their conscious is pricking them that they have lost something valuable they can never regain again all for a flirting 5 minutes of pleasure. Oh what a pity Tongue

U got the point!!!!!!!!! bad belle
The truth still remains

VIRGINITY IS A VIRTUE. Period.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by niya(m): 5:41pm On May 01, 2008
Great virtue.
Re: Virgintiy Is A Virtue by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 02, 2008
Virginity sure is a virtue. But if you ask me, I'll say the consept has been trampled on. Why is it that when pple talk of Virginity, they make reference to females only? Is it a sort of double standard?? Like the guy is free to do it but for a girl its a taboo. Anyway, being a virgin dosent make some1 decent. Sexual immorality is not the world's greatest evil. I'm saying this cos I know some1 who married a girl cos she was a virgin, but now, he's wondering why he wasnt any wiser.

The main thing is to be decent, man and women alike. Besides, respect is earned and reciprocal. Virgin or LovePeddler!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed / How To Worship Jizz-Us. / My Roommate Is A Serious Christian, But He Smokes Weed...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.