Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,632 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Boko Haram Commander' Is My Nephew-senator Ahmed Zanna - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boko Haram Commander' Is My Nephew-senator Ahmed Zanna (769 Views)

Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To / Boko Haram Commander Shekau Comes Out Alive / Boko Haram Commander Shekau Dead In Recent Military Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Commander' Is My Nephew-senator Ahmed Zanna by danniyal(m): 6:58am On Oct 21, 2012
‘Boko Haram commander’ is my nephew - Senator Ahmed Zanna
Written by Abdulkadir Badsha Mukhtar
Sunday, 21 October 2012 05:02
Twitter

in

SocButtons plugin

Senator Ahmad Zanna

Senator Ahmad Zanna of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) representing Borno Central Senatorial District, in an interview with the BBC Hausa Service yesterday, revealed that the Joint Task Force in Maiduguri was referring to him when they claimed that they arrested a ‘Boko Haram commander’ at a ‘senator’s residence.’ Though he claimed that he knew the supposed ‘Boko Haram commander’ Senator Zanna denied that the arrest was made at his residence. Below are excerpts from the interview:
What do you have to say about the arrest of a Boko Haram commander at a senator’s residence?

The JTF said they arrested the man at a house belonging to someone in the Senate. I am a member of the Senate and I am the only one living on the Dambuwa Road. So, the JTF didn’t arrest the man (Boko Haram commander) in my house. They went to my house and carried their investigations, but they did not come up with anything. Since they did not get anything, they arrested some boys in the house and asked them out. They forced them to sit under the sun. The soldiers started start beating them. They asked them if they knew someone called Shuaibu Bama. The boys told JTF that ‘yes, they knew him.’ One of the boys then led JTF to where that Shuaibu was.

What is your relationship with Shuaibu Bama?

Shuaibu Bama is my nephew.

The man arrested was accused of being a Boko Haram commander and you said you have a relationship with him. Some, more especially those soldiers, are accusing you (politicians) of not cooporating with them and at the same time helping Boko Haram?

What I’m saying is that, for them to say they arrested the man in my house is a lie. And we are not going to hide anybody who we known is a Boko Haram member. They should investigate who the owner of the house where JTF arrested the ‘Boko Haram commander’ and the owner’s connection with the supposed Boko Haram member.

Soldiers said for long they had been trailing him in order to arrest him. Have you had any knowledge about this?

Did I know? It was just yesterday they mentioned this in front of my house. They said they had been after him for long and that they even sat down and had some chat with him some times ago.

Source:http://www.sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11785:boko-haram-commander-is-my-nephew-senator-ahmed-zanna-&catid=54:lead-stories&Itemid=127
Re: Boko Haram Commander' Is My Nephew-senator Ahmed Zanna by DANILSA(m): 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
THEY SHOULD CONTINUE HIDING THEM angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Girl Taken Away By Robbers After They Robbed Them in Their Family Home. / Just In: Police Foils Armed Robbery Attack On Ecobank Along Ikot Ekpene Road / Reflection.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.