Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,635 members, 7,958,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:11 AM

Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt - Entertainment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt (14204 Views)

Nollywood Stars To Features In This Year's Calabar Carnival As A Band / Nollywood Stars - Justus Esiri And Segun Arinze Robbed In London / How Much Do Nollywood Stars Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by Caseless: 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
Guy,nkem owoh "I go chop ur Dolla "was a heat .don't jst add his name to this list cos he dosnt belong to that phyllum at all.' Tonto' if u jst take letter ' N' from her name and she will be all mine...anything short of that,its a NO for me . I no jst like that gal.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by Aizebioje(m): 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2012
I heard Osuofia's I go chop ur dollar song at a canteen a few months back,STILL MOVED MY BODY! Truth is,that song was a hit! Iliked Genny's own too sha prolly cos I just like the gurl! Mr Ibu sing musik? Jim Iyke sng gave me quite a yawn... And the current Disaster of the moment TONTO! Hmm,the lyrics weren't quite bad sha o,infact its better than what we hear 4rm the so called accomplished musicians these days but I think her ILL MANNERED,BITCHY PERSONALITY IN ADDITION TO THE AUTOTUNED EXCRUCIATING PITCH DIDN'T DO HER A LOT OF GOOD!
Oh and Mama Gs songs kinda rocked too. Shey Tonto featured in 1 of them self?
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by Afam4eva(m): 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
Genevieve really didn't go into music, rather she was contracted by a Ghanian music outfit to record a particular song for them. They just wanted to use her fame to sell.

Nkem Owoh(Osuofia) never really sang his own song, those songs he sand were soundtracks for movies that he appeared in.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by mycoldsweat: 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
@OP, plc where did u place Mama G, Patience O, I be think say I saw her singing somewhere
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by Ejine(m): 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
That blog is crap, and the inclusion of Nkem Owoh just destroyed whatever credibility this writer was attempting to gain.

For the record, Nkem Owoh's outing was a MASSIVE SUCCESS, which was immensely enjoyed, not just accross the nation, but even by Nigerians in the diaspora.

If this douche of a writer could include Nkem Owoh in that list, it beggars belief Francis Duru, Ramsey Nouah and Patience Ozokwor could go undetected by this TOOL.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by geeboy: 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2012
U did not mention the likes of desmond eliot, kate enshaw,
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by InvertedHammer: 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
Does Nigeria have musicians? Yes! But only a few. 90% of the current
ragtag musicians in Nigeria are not better than Tonto. It is all auto-tune crap
all over. It gets annoying over time especially the ones produced in Lagos.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by Itoroetti(m): 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2012
6) NKEM OWOH (Osuofia):
Popularly referred to as Osuofia, Nkem Owoh is a highly successful actor. At a time, he was the highest paid Nollywood actor, raking millions from every script that comes his way, but when he decided to grab the microphone and consequently released the song, I Go Chop Your Dollar, it was not on a bed of roses. The audio and video of the song were banned on air due to its lyrical content. Osuofia went ahead to record another song, Olamma, but it was also short of being a success.

Are u saying that nkem owoh's "i go chop ur dollar" wasnt a success?what is ur classification of success?femi kuti's bang bang bang was ban in naija but was still success.i go chop ur Dollar was a total success.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by DualCore1: 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
At least they attempted something and failed (and have hopefully learned from it). Ask yourself as a person what things you have attempted in life and failed and what lessons you have learned from the failures. Behind most successes there have been iterations of failed attempts.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by biopat(m): 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2012
Akposkool: I almost cried 4 tonto.who da heck produced dat song?they should hav listen to d song b4 shooting.but seriously nkem owoh should not be on dat list.mention one Nigerian singer who toppled him dat year he release dat album!.as 4 genny,wel i like d way she ran wen she noticed her music was wack.lilian bach's song looked exactly lyk an indomie advert.God i kant even talk abt mr.ibu.his own was lyk a political rally.wel jim iyke displayed his gra gra lyk attitude so much dat even the king of chorus (2 face)couldnt help him.am glad they all left d industry 4 d real marshals.

Hahahahahahaha..... What made me laugh the most is where u said "mr.ibu.his own was lyk a political rally".
But seriously Nkem Owoh should not be listed here.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by grandlexuz(m): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
It is much easier to switch from a succesful musical carrier to the film industry! It is frequent in Hollywood.

The entire album of "I go chop your dollar" was a big hit even in Cameroon. I remember back in 2005 it was everywhere. So, Mr Poster you got it wrong on Nkem Owoh. ( By the way in Cameroon he is popularly referred to as Ukwa-lol) Mr Ibu did not have a flop as well. It was equally here and there. You failed to mention Chinedu and Osita. I think they had a bigger flop with very few persons knowing they actually had an album.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by thegeorgy(f): 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
i am with evryone else on this,Nkem Owoh should not be on the list....his song was a success,expecially i go chop ur dollar and claim relationship.Tonto should be on number 1 -10.Lilian Bach sang shocked why am i the only one who doesn't know :-Xwhere the song abeg.someone post bikko.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by cosmatika(m): 11:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]1. TOTO DIKE
2. TOTO DIKE
3. TOTO DIKE.
Dis means dat even ha nxt albums will be flop ;D1. grin grin
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
When Desmond elliot doesn't make the list then you could tell the OP was paid. Btw, nkem owoh's was way more reception from nigerians than any other person listed there. Didn't even knw abt mr ibu's.
Placing toto decay ryt at the top even augments her much desired popularity in the dimelight.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by velo10: 5:41am On Oct 22, 2012
This analysis is bigoted. Nkem Owoh and Mr. Ibu's musical venture was a great success. Even My Yoruba uncle cherished Mr. Ibu's main song from his collection. If you want to know which was a success or not, go to Alaba and take a survey there. Actors would always go back to acting cos they do not have that much time to promote their music unlike singers.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by mamagee3(f): 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
Pol, Tonto dike and music don't go together
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by lacicrips(m): 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
afam4eva: Genevieve really didn't go into music, rather she was contracted by a Ghanian music outfit to record a particular song for them. They just wanted to use her fame to sell.

Nkem Owoh(Osuofia) never really sang his own song, those songs he sand were soundtracks for movies that he appeared in.
...and who do you think sand those soundtracks for movies he appeared in?
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Failed In Their Music Attempt by Frankbaro(m): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
eduson55: [size=18pt]leave my tonto alone!!!![/size]

Who dey follow u drag ur Tonto abi na tomato?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo- Tiwa Savage Private Part Exposed While Perfoming On Stage / Scary Moment When Father Dipped His Day Old Baby Into A Pool (see Pictures) / Spot The Difference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.