Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! (5388 Views)

Suleman: 3 Music Stars Will Die & A List Of My Prophesies That Came To Pass / Current Inconsistencies In Watchtower Blood Doctrine / M_nwankwo/ Justcool - Inconsistencies In The Grail Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by collins123(m): 6:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
Just stumbled on this from the Internet and I wanted to share. Frankly, they are mind boggling (except to shortsighted people who blindly follow "the crowd"wink I am a christian i.e I believe in Jesus as the Son of God (Jehovah), our Creator. I am not an Atheist or a Moslem. But I believe I have the right to believe what I think it is right for me.

This thread is open to criticism and bashings but please be abstract and PLEASE HAVE A POINT!!!

Here a few of the 'Inconsistencies' and if you want to check out the whole list (which was generously updated from Genesis to Revelation) then check it out here : www.cs.umd.edu/~mvz/bible/bible-inconsistencies.pdf

I m taking excerpts only from GENESIS.

Genesis
God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). 1:3-5

God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters. This firmament, if it existed, would have been quite an obstacle to our space program. 1:6-8

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

"And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth." Really? Then why are only a tiny fraction of stars visible from earth? Under the best conditions, no more than five thousand stars are visible from earth with the unaided eye, yet there are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy and a hundred billion or so galaxies. Yet this verse says that God put the stars in the firmament "to give light" to the earth. 1:17

God makes the animals and parades them before Adam to see if any would strike his fancy. But none seem to have what it takes to please him. Although he was tempted to go for the sheep.) After making the animals, God has Adam name them all. The naming of several million species must have kept Adam busy for a while. 2:18-20

God curses the serpent. From now on the serpent will crawl on his belly and eat dust. One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his tail, perhaps? But snakes don't eat dust, do they? 3:14

God curses the ground and causes thorns and thistles to grow.

God created a man and a woman, and he "called their name Adam." So the woman's name was Adam, too! 5:2

God opens the "windows of heaven." He does this every time it rains. 7:11

"The windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained." This happens whenever it stops raining. 8:2 Whatever happened to the Water Cycle?

Noah sends a dove out to see if there was any dry land. But the dove returns without finding any. Then, just seven days later, the dove goes out again and returns with an olive leaf. But how could an olive tree survive the flood? And if any seeds happened to survive, they certainly wouldn't germinate and grow leaves within a seven day period. 8:8-11

Noah kills the "clean beasts" and burns their dead bodies for God. According to 7:8 this would have caused the extinction of all "clean" animals since only two of each were taken onto the ark. "And the Lord smelled a sweet savor." After this God "said in his heart" that he'd never do it again because "man's heart is evil from his youth." So God killed all living things (6:5) because humans are evil, and then promises not to do it again (8:21) because humans are evil. The mind of God is a frightening thing. 8:20-21

According to this verse, all animals fear humans. Although it is true that many do, it is also true that some do not. Sharks and grizzly bears, for example, are generally much less afraid of us than we are of them. 9:2

God worries that people could actually build a tower high enough to reach him (them?) in heaven. 11:4 - Imagine, - long before the discoveries of galaxies and nebulas.

Poor Pharaoh couldn't resist the "very fair" Sarai, and he takes her into his harem. (She must have been well preserved, since she was about seventy years old at the time.) 12:15

The LIST IS LONG BUT THIS SHOULD GET US TALKING.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
Hope you will be willing to take responsibility of whatever is in the article, and not play mr selective?
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by collins123(m): 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
I did not write the article. However, these are wide eyed contradictions. You will agree to that wouldn't you?
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
collins123: I did not write the article. However, these are wide eyed contradictions. You will agree to that wouldn't you?
I dont get you.
Are you saying you've swallowed everything in the article (you seem to be calling them inconsistencies already) or what?
Where do you stand?
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by collins123(m): 7:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
In the scientific world I see most of the above as really inconsistent. However I do not believe in EVOLUTIoN (or rather I havent got the reason to) and i dond think I can.

So Im expecting someone learned in the verses to prove to me beyond resonable doubt that these inconsistensies are not really inconsistencies.

Is that too much to ask for, y'all Born Agains?

1 Like

Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by ubongutioh(m): 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
I somehow agree to this.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by kpozite(m): 9:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
Look Mr man call your mind back from where it is being led. Though I find it difficult not to believe evolution, I still believe in the Bible and there is a lot of similarity between both (evolution and biblical record of creation) if you understand evolution very well.
Believe me this argument between science and religion has been on for a long time now and no party has won both have their strong point and their short comings. So while scientifically listing the faults of the Bible do well to biblically check out the folly of science as there are much you will be surprised to find. This argument does not pay so effort is now being made to find where both parties agree.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
collins123: In the scientific world I see most of the above as really inconsistent. However I do not believe in EVOLUTIoN (or rather I havent got the reason to) and i dond think I can.

So Im expecting someone learned in the verses to prove to me beyond resonable doubt that these inconsistensies are not really inconsistencies.

Is that too much to ask for, y'all Born Agains?
You are still yet to come clean.
Do you agree with the article, Yes or No?
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by collins123(m): 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
Is the bible authentic?

Just a simple question.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by collins123(m): 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
kpozite: Look Mr man call your mind back from where it is being led. Though I find it difficult not to believe evolution, I still believe in the Bible and there is a lot of similarity between both (evolution and biblical record of creation) if you understand evolution very well.
Believe me this argument between science and religion has been on for a long time now and no party has won both have their strong point and their short comings. So while scientifically listing the faults of the Bible do well to biblically check out the folly of science as there are much you will be surprised to find. This argument does not pay so effort is now being made to find where both parties agree.

Give me a list of some of the follies...and by the way, don't turn this thread to a Science vs Religion one.

We are only verifing the Authencity of the Bible with what is happening in TODAYS global world. Or you want to tell me these things only happened in the biblical past?
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
Na wa o.

You people are just beating around the bush?

Prove the inconsistencies wrong nah?

Even I as an atheist can help u with some not too solid ones.
But its better I leave u to think for yourselves as most of u hardly do that.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by collins123(m): 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
Reyginus: You are still yet to come clean.
Do you agree with the article, Yes or No?

Scientifically, I do. Religiously, I don't.

Did all these happened as it was written or did someone wrote a lie?

You don't need to be brainwashed or filled with the holy spirit to get it. Simple common sense is enough.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
kpozite: Look Mr man call your mind back from where it is being led. Though I find it difficult not to believe evolution, I still believe in the Bible and there is a lot of similarity between both (evolution and biblical record of creation) if you understand evolution very well.

Chai! Please which similarities does the bible share with evolution?
You people can kill sha.
Today its ''man was created on the 6th day'', the next day its ''no! Moses meant man evolved in the 6 billiont year''.

Me I hail una o.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Horus(m): 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2012
Here is another inconsistency in the bible: Christians believe that a Supernatural being called '' God '' or some kind of '' God '' waved his hand and created the earth and everything in it , In 6 days , and on The 7th Day He Rested '' Slept ''. Right!!. So you mean to say that after working only six days of 24 hours each , your all mighty God got tired ? What foolishness. Can your God tire?. Genesis 2:2 says that God “rested” meaning that he actually ceased, desisted or stopped doing his job. . . . If this is true this would make the God of the Bible in need of a refreshment which means he could be fatigued or weakened.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Image123(m): 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
simply ask Google. all your queries have already been answered on many other webpages. go and do such readings first if you're genuinely seeking answers. born against
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by lacasa: 11:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
Christians should shine their eyes.

Its bn a long time coming.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by seyibrown(f): 12:22am On Oct 22, 2012
Gladly subscribing ... smiley
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by LoaditeDOTcom: 12:38am On Oct 22, 2012
collins123: I did not write the article. However, these are wide eyed contradictions. You will agree to that wouldn't you?
I SEE JUST NO CONTRADICTION.
Not even 1. All this are just for ur Short sightedness. REMEMBER THAT NO 1 CAN DEFEND HIM.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 22, 2012
LoaditeDOTcom: I SEE JUST NO CONTRADICTION.
Not even 1. All this are just for ur Short sightedness. REMEMBER THAT NO 1 CAN DEFEND HIM.

If you see no contradiction in any at all then u are not just myopic, u are blind.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by pastormustwacc: 12:52am On Oct 22, 2012
Horus: Here is another inconsistency in the bible: Christians believe that a Supernatural being called '' God '' or some kind of '' God '' waved his hand and created the earth and everything in it , In 6 days , and on The 7th Day He Rested '' Slept ''. Right!!. So you mean to say that after working only six days of 24 hours each , your all mighty God got tired ? What foolishness. Can your God tire?. Genesis 2:2 says that God “rested” meaning that he actually ceased, desisted or stopped doing his job. . . . If this is true this would make the God of the Bible in need of a refreshment which means he could be fatigued or weakened.
He went to eat pounded yam ni. You guys no serious jare.

Anyway, one inconsistency in the bible, as far as i am concerned is satan masquerading as the true God.

Look at the place he promised the children of israel meat for one month, only to give them poisoned fish.
And yet Jesus says that which one of you will your child ask you for bread and you give him. . . .
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 22, 2012
collins123:

Scientifically, I do. Religiously, I don't.

Did all these happened as it was written or did someone wrote a lie?

You don't need to be brainwashed or filled with the holy spirit to get it. Simple common sense is enough.
You can't have it both ways. It's either you believe one or the other. I dont want us to be moving in circles and end up derailing. I want you to properly define your stand.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 22, 2012
Horus: Here is another inconsistency in the bible: Christians believe that a Supernatural being called '' God '' or some kind of '' God '' waved his hand and created the earth and everything in it , In 6 days , and on The 7th Day He Rested '' Slept ''. Right!!. So you mean to say that after working only six days of 24 hours each , your all mighty God got tired ? What foolishness. Can your God tire?. Genesis 2:2 says that God “rested” meaning that he actually ceased, desisted or stopped doing his job. . . . If this is true this would make the God of the Bible in need of a refreshment which means he could be fatigued or weakened.
Are you game?
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 22, 2012
Image123: simply ask Google. all your queries have already been answered on many other webpages. go and do such readings first if you're genuinely seeking answers. born against
Google! Then the aim of this forum is defeated.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by collins123(m): 9:23am On Oct 22, 2012
Stop saying Google!!!

Is Google your GOD

Give us proof here, I don't care whether u copy from google or elsewhere. So if this was 1980 you will still ask me to ask google right?
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Image123(m): 10:14am On Oct 22, 2012
collins123: Stop saying Google!!!

Is Google your GOD

Give us proof here, I don't care whether u copy from google or elsewhere. So if this was 1980 you will still ask me to ask google right?
methinks you are a lazy man. Do your research mr. is nairaland your GOD or am I?
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Image123(m): 10:16am On Oct 22, 2012
double post
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Techwriter: 10:48am On Oct 22, 2012
I could have answered all your questions if you took them one after the other. My advice to you is to give your life to Christ so you can understand it if not no amount of explaination can clarify you because the devil will have your mind blinded from the truth.

I am not asking wether you claim to be a christian, many people do as a religious profession. When you are born again pray the Ps 119:18-19 prayer before you study the word.

God bless you
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by pastormustwacc: 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
This is interesting. It is better to repent and accept Jesus than to look for consistencies and inconsistencies in the holy book.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by collins123(m): 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
It is clearly evident that the so called born again repents here doesn not read the bible except selected verses dished out by their cash hungry pastors.

No one has yet given me a point to prove this is wrong.

Be enlightened. Any one of U̶̲̥̅̊ should go and meet his/her pastor with these questions ad you will be suprised with crazy answers they'll tell you.

Wake up, this is 2012!!!
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by ghazzal: 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
Image123: simply ask Google. all your queries have already been answered on many other webpages. go and do such readings first if you're genuinely seeking answers. born against

easy way to run...run...run.
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by ghazzal: 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
@OP, why not read the Quran and see if it is like that........ dont mind these pple who try to give reason that "the sun can set in a muddy pool" is a direct english sentence. maybe they need to do SSCE again to know about idiomatic expression. or your Questions have parable-like explanations as it is singled out for the bible.

simple answer you cannot questiongringringringrin

read to save your soul, again you have just one chance....this life
Re: A List Of Over 700 Inconsistencies In The Bible!!! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
collins123: Just stumbled on this from the Internet and I wanted to share. Frankly, they are mind boggling (except to shortsighted people who blindly follow "the crowd"wink I am a christian i.e I believe in Jesus as the Son of God (Jehovah), our Creator. I am not an Atheist or a Moslem. But I believe I have the right to believe what I think it is right for me.

This thread is open to criticism and bashings but please be abstract and PLEASE HAVE A POINT!!!

Here a few of the 'Inconsistencies' and if you want to check out the whole list (which was generously updated from Genesis to Revelation) then check it out here : www.cs.umd.edu/~mvz/bible/bible-inconsistencies.pdf

I m taking excerpts only from GENESIS.

Genesis

The LIST IS LONG BUT THIS SHOULD GET US TALKING.

OP

There was firmament before the flood. It was the green house and that's why rain was not falling until the flood time. It was removed and it paved way for the flood and to show its removal, hence the rainbow sign

(1) (Reply)

Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa / Buccaneers Confraternity Trades Words With The Pyrates Confraternity / Strangers Or Allies? Paul’s Knowledge Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.