Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire (5574 Views)

The Invasion Of Delta Mall In Warri By Politician With Thugs (pics And Video) / Tension as EFCC Seizes Dollars From Onitsha Traders / Man Stealing High Tension Power Lines Electrocuted On A Transformer Pole [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by mrkels(m): 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2012
PHCN's High Tension Wire Kills 3 in Warri (19/10/2012)
Story by 2349ja
It was just like any other beautiful day in warri, the sun was shinning and the birds were singing. I was so happy because i finally had the time to do some shopping at the popular Igbo market just before the Sacred Heart Cathedral here in warri. little did i know i was about to hear some touching and terrifying news.
When i arrived, the first thing that caught my attention was the unusual crowd in the area, i was perplexed but later calmed down because i knew it was a popular market even though i havnt seen that much crowd in a while, i just felt the market was booming that day so i adjusted my phones just incase someone wanted to play a fast on on me. I later noticed some armed police in the region and i decided to ask around , i found out that the armed policemen were guarding the current flood victims in delta state as they were camped in the Cavagina Government Secondary school as shown below.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-03Azr8dc6B4/UIQZFPgeYVI/AAAAAAAAAM4/ZFYgzm9nv2s/s320/IMG-20121020-00606.jpg[/img]
I was kinda happy because i have not seen any government impact or intervention in the lives of the citizens of the state since governor uduaghan came into power for his second tenure. Anyways i am not here to talk politics, am here to talk about the disturbing story i was later told.
After my shopping i stopped by to have a cool drink at Enameguonor Ukoko's shop and while he served me, he began lamenting on some issues. At first i ignored him because it was somewhat annoying but then he let the cat of the bag. this was his story.

It happened in the late hours on Friday , All they heard was a crack, and before they knew what was going on, the high tension wire was already on the ground and four people were trapped under it and they were burning. It all happened so fast and according to Enameguono, people were running helter skelter , no one could stop and think about saving the vitcims or even call the nearest power station to cut off the supply, all they did was abandon their shops and ran as far as they could away from the scene leaving the burning victims to their faith. Enameguono however said there was a struggling victim who was physically fighting the cables off his body and then when someone who saw his zeal to live had pity on him, took an umbrella tried to save him by removing the wires. little did he know that that umbrella was made of iron and could conduct electricity and this automatically made him the 5th victim. but as luck would have it, he and the person struggling with life made it out miraculously i ' say though with severe burns and eye witness said it was impossible to determine if they would make it at the hospital as they were all transferred to the general hospital not far away after like 2 hours. The shop owners were bitter by the way the government officials delayed before they took the corpses away and also with the PHCN staff seen below joining wires together instead of bringing new equipment's to fix this and prevent this from ever occurring again.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-Hjl9Z_iM3QE/UIQZLrZGlLI/AAAAAAAAANA/73u0z4rPXXk/s320/IMG-20121020-00604.jpg[/img]
As at the time of writing this report, it was unclear if the surviving victims were alright as i could not reach any staff of the hospital. May God save us in this country.

Source
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by sunkoye: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2012
sun no dey shine for this pics ooo....

2 Likes

Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by Nasri100(m): 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
sunkoye: sun no dey shine for this pics ooo....

is that all you can say?

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by Eneze1(f): 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
may God help us in this country
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by Coolturbo(m): 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2012
Why the long intro? You should have gone straight to the point
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by JUO(m): 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
rip
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by sylve11: 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
I feel for them! Let the dead journey well. sad cool
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by Okijajuju1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
Chai...

Another set of Nigerians lost to NEPA/PHCN..

Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by omiobo: 4:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
Nasri100:

is that all you can say?

Leave that man except you want to join him in displaying kolomentality.grin

Death is always close to us as tongue is close to teeth. Nobody is save from death. Our prayer should be that we should not go before our time.
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by ebamma(m): 4:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
PHCN= Power Hurting Compatriots in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by Siga: 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
Damn....this is sad and serious...but bros...why u con talk tori so tey the main point no pass 5 lines....next time...plz go straight to point I beg...RIP

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by sunkoye: 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
Nasri100:

is that all you can say?
check the pics very well and see the weather condition!

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by warrikid(m): 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
And I haven't heard dis news??
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by og12(f): 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2012
Nairalanders na God go help una o.them thy talk issues wey concern life una dey turn d whole thing to joke.The reporter probably is a graduate of masscommunication,who was taught the 5ws n H of news reporting.he is jus been a professional.
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by sunkoye: 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
omiobo:

Leave that man except you want to join him in displaying kolomentality.grin

Death is always close to us as tongue is close to teeth. Nobody is save from death. Our prayer should be that we should not go before our time.
u can go and display ur lunacy close to high-tension wires. even an half brain knows how to avoid such in unfavorable weather condition. am very sure u wont still get it! pele. RIP.
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by ghettodreamz(m): 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
Another disastrous news from Nigeria, God have mercy cry cry cry RIP to the dead, I hope those hospitalized would definitely survived the burns by the grace of God.
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by dennismukoro(m): 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
That place is very close to were I leave. Okere road. God have mercy  us. RIP to the dead
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by EmmaTay(m): 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
God have mercy
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by tonygee1(m): 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2012
even me o i am always in sacred hrt God have mercy dis people even fit be those wey i knw
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by Ilekokonit: 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
When will the helplessness of the common man end in Nigeria ? Before the wire fell, if the residents went to report at PHCN or the council, they will be ignored. Moreover most residents would have been so overwhelmed with the herculean task of making a honest daily bread in Nigeria to even think of reporting dangerous PHCN equipment. There are just too many problems to battle with on a daily basis in Naija for the "common" man.

Is it possible that we Nigerians can start shaming PHCN (and other Public bodies for that matter) by constantly posting photos of faulty overhead cables / poles with the address and exact location onto Sahara reporters with a view to shaming PHCN into fixing such before these death traps (which are all over Nigeria) claim more lives.

If you enter some compounds the wires carrying electricity to each flat (especially in multi-flat compounds) are so worn out and in a dangerous convolution that you just know that it is a disaster waiting to happen especially when gravity has brought such live wires to just above head level.

The PHCN staff who come monthly to disconnect non paying tenants don't help as well as their monthly pulling and tugging of live wires to locate which to disconnect means the live wires sag more and more each month.
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by Iolo(m): 12:16am On Oct 23, 2012
With all these stories, is it same to assume that the average Nigerian is a selfish coward?

Aluu 4 - No one could speak out for victims

Shoprite Lady - Nobody

And now, everybody ran away as people were roasting to death. And the only person who had the courage to assist made a wrong judgement call to use an umbrella, possibly under the tension of the scenario.

I think we Nigerians really suck @ helping each other in times of distress.
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 23, 2012
The way electric wires are threaded in Nigeria is confusing. I wonder how manage the power workers can be able to locate and connect the rightful wires.
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by amosnaira: 10:27am On Oct 23, 2012
If it were to be in an important exam, i would have given you zero before knowing that you have a little point to make.
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by fpeter(f): 12:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
sunkoye: sun no dey shine for this pics ooo....
From the above statement it shows you're an idiot with no form of sanity.
Re: 3 Killed In Warri By PHCN's High-Tension Wire by sunkoye: 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2012
fpeter:
From the above statement it shows you're an idiot with no form of sanity.
the simple minded wont just learn. smh!

(1) (Reply)

Group Of People Electrocuted Trying To Fix A Pole (graphic) / New deadly weapons lands in Enugu as Blackaxe vs Vikings war PHOTOS / ME TROLLING A SCAMMER/YAHOO BOY (Pics Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.