Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays (27518 Views)

28th & 29th July: Eidel Fitri Public Holidays / 15th And 16th October Declared Public Holidays For Eid-ul-Adha / Salah Break: Thursday & Friday (confirm) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by ghettodreamz(m): 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2012
The Federal Government has declared Thursday and Friday as public holidays to mark the 2012 Eid El-Kabir celebrations.

The Minister of Interior, Abba Moro who announced this in Abuja on Monday, called on Nigerians to imbibe and emulate the worthy tenets of Islam as practiced by the holy Prophet Mohammad.

A statement by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of interior, Daniel Nwaobia quoted Mr Moro as urging the citizens to pray for peace and prosperity of the nation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/eid-el-kabir-fg-declares-thursday-friday-public-holidays/

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by sexyglow(f): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
Emulate worthy tenets of Islam Ke!!! Long Holidays anyway.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by regime: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
We appreciate that
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Nasri100(m): 5:41pm On Oct 22, 2012
T
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by victorD3: 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
Next thread
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Ariyke: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2012
holiday suppose be friday & monday na dem no wan make i enjoy my ojude oba niundecided

3 Likes

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Foxybone(m): 5:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
victorD3: Next thread

What's your own now... You better celebrate because should a bomb go off, you fit follow mourn o tongue tongue tongue
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
Good, I thought I was gonna miss my pal's b'day orggy undecided
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by disloman(m): 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
Foxybone: Hurraaaayyyyyyy....... grin grin grin grin

I'm the second to comment on this thread...

But why Thursday and Friday, I thought sallah falls on Friday... It should be Friday and Monday na... This is cheating o....

Anyway... Happy Sallah in advance... I just pray this blood thirsty Boko boyz don't give us reasons not to climb house in Kano again o grin grin grin
i seconded u.na baba cheating b this o.lol

1 Like

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Foxybone(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
disloman: i seconded u.na baba cheating b this o.lol

NA big time cheating na... Haba... When Monday na Hawan Nassarawa for kano.... This person wey announce this thing self na wa angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Jarus(m): 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
This thing no pay me o. Was thinking we'd be having Friday and Monday so I can take Thursday off to travel. Now, I'll be returning 2nd day after ileya, when I had planned to return on Monday by God's grace. Oh, this Abba Moro don pour sand for my garri cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by CLIQBOY(m): 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
gmam!!!!!! flexing mode
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
The developed countries of the world never had holiday like Nigeria.

Our system bring corruption and laziness.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Jarus(m): 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ariyke: holiday suppose be friday & monday na dem no wan make i enjoy my ojude oba niundecided

When is ojude oba abeg?

That thing forced me to pass the night in Ijebu-ode during the last (2011) ileya. I was driving back from Kware via Ibadan-Ijebu to Ajah when I hit these people in Ijebu-Ode. The whole of Ijebu-Ode was locked to standstill and after 2 hours of manouvring in the town and I couldn't make headway in the serious gridlock, night fell and I had to pass the night there. Hmmmnn, just like yesterday.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Rooneyboy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
come o, e be like say sallah celebration dey reach almost 7 yearly.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
Thank God I need am!!!!
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Super1759: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: The developed countries of the world never had holiday like Nigeria.

developed countries like?

1 Like

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Denn(m): 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: The developed countries of the world never had holiday like Nigeria.

if you hear about the frequency of holidays in China, you would be surprised

ref http://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/public-holiday.htm
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Afam4eva(m): 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
Jarus:

When is ojude oba abeg?

That thing forced me to pass the night in Ijebu-ode during the last (2011) ileya. I was driving back from Kware via Ibadan-Ijebu to Ajah when I hit these people in Ijebu-Ode. The whole of Ijebu-Ode was locked to standstill and after 4 hours of manouvring in the town and I couldn't make headway in the serious gridlock, night fell and I had to pass the night there. Hmmmnn, just like yesterday.
Is Ojude Oba festival tied to Islam?
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by hardbody: 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2012

Sharrapi. You can go to work, abi dem hold you for leg?

3 Likes

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by slap1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
Rooneyboy: come o, e be like say sallah celebration dey reach almost 7 yearly.
Nwanne, that thing sef!
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by djojo(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
but why
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by gbadexy(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
Foxybone:

NA big time cheating na... Haba... When Monday na Hawan Nassarawa for kano.... This person wey announce this thing self na wa angry angry angry
You think hausas would mind them and don't celebrate their festivals?

1 Like

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by weaseloo: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2012

Are you jealous?

This is NIGERIA a "developing" country.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by jamil2(m): 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
That is Good I will travel to Home on Good time How I wish there is additional day to makes it balance.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Jarus(m): 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
afam4eva:
Is Ojude Oba festival tied to Islam?

It's cultural, but the Ijebu people hold it second or third day after ileya(sallah).
They block all the roads in carnival-like situation and party like no tomorrow. You know the typical Ijebu Yoruba owambe. I had been hearing it for many years until I witnessed it last year. The whole town was locked in celebration.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Isaleeko2: 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2012
Denn:

if you hear about the frequency of holidays in China, you would be surprised

ref http://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/public-holiday.htm

That is just 11 days for China.

Nigeria has 15 days.

http://publicholiday.org/calendar/public-holidays-nigeria-2012/

1 Like

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Afam4eva(m): 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2012
Jarus:

It's cultural, but the Ijebu people hold it second or third day after ileya(sallah).
They block all the roads in carnival-like situation and party like no tomorrow. You know the typical Ijebu Yoruba owambe. I had been hearing it for many years until I witnessed it last year. The whole town was locked in celebration.
I've been following the Ojude Oba festival for some years and it's a convergence of the high and the mighty in Ijebu land. I just wonder why it's done after Ileya. Is it that majority of Ijebu people are Muslims?
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
Foxybone: Hurraaaayyyyyyy....... grin grin grin grin

I'm the second to comment on this thread...

But why Thursday and Friday, I thought sallah falls on Friday... It should be Friday and Monday na... This is cheating o....

Anyway... Happy Sallah in advance... I just pray this blood thirsty Boko boyz don't give us reasons not to climb house in Kano again o grin grin grin
u be mumu.. xo u shout hurray cos na u be second to coment 4 boko thread. grin
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Isaleeko2: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
hardbody:

Sharrapi. You can go to work, abi dem hold you for leg?

Hmm... lipsrsealed
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Jarus(m): 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
afam4eva:
I've been following the Ojude Oba festival for some years and it's a convergence of the high and the mighty in Ijebu land. I just wonder why it's done after Ileya. Is it that majority of Ijebu people are Muslims?
I think so.

In my part of Yorubaland, which is also Muslim-dominated, Ileya is the time for other celebrations like weddings, and all sorts. Many people including me visit home only during that period. Families and old friends re-uniting etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ruling On Taking Boyfriends Or Girlfriends / For The Classy, Trendy, Stylish And Modest Muslimah / The Pregnant Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.